Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Music for Steam  (Read 261 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Music for Steam
« on: December 06, 2022, 06:04:43 am »

What it says on the tin, pretty much. When adventure mode eventually does make it to Premium, it seems like it would be a great opportunity to finally add music to it (preferably a score independent from the fort mode soundtrack), given its current absolute silence compared to fort mode.

Considering the phenomenal job that Dabu and co have done on the fort mode soundtrack, I'd be very eager to see what they'd come up with for an adventure mode musical score.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Adventure Mode Music for Steam
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 06:20:50 am »

Definitely agreed, especially if there were to also be dynamic music changing depending on the situation.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Adventure Mode Music for Steam
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 07:58:10 am »

+1

Just don't make the combat music too dramatic unless your opponent is say, a clown or a megabeast. Combat takes a lot of time, and I don't want to get too stressed out getting ambushed by wolves. Unless they are tearing me limb-from-limb perhaps, but then the question is whether the music should let the player cool their head, or have them lean into the emotions of the situation even more.