Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Abnormal Investigators - Turn 2 (6 / 6)  (Read 3495 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Abnormal Investigators - Now Hiring Investigators (0 / 6)
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 05:00:21 pm »

Based on some preliminary spreadsheeting:

Egan_BW may distribute an additional 3 Stat Points.
Egan_BW may add 2 Skilled Rank Skills.
Fluffe9911 may add 1 Proficient and 2 Skilled Rank Skills.
King Zultan may add 1 Skilled Rank Skill.
Knightwing64 has 3 Stat Points too many.

VermillionSkies gets perfect marks, though.

The only one that is truly a problem would be Knightwing64, but that's easily fixed elsewhere.

If I get a sixth player, I'll start then.  Otherwise, I'll roll later tonight.  I'm hoping to have finished my spreadsheet to make rolling and updating a breeze.

NINJA-EDIT:  Well, boy howdy, that's six, I'll start rolling in a bit, but that turn will take some hours regardless.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abnormal Investigators - Turn 0 (6 / 6)
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 05:04:54 pm »

Spoiler: Freischutz (click to show/hide)

Ask for an ID and a rifle.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2022, 05:32:24 pm »

Based on some preliminary spreadsheeting:
Fluffe9911 may add 1 Proficient and 2 Skilled Rank Skills.
Ah alrighty went ahead and added some skills also edited my stats up slightly based off the new knowledge that ya can set stats to negative

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2022, 06:19:58 pm »

Oh. Ok. Fixed

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2022, 06:27:32 pm »

Spoiler: Freischutz (click to show/hide)

You should probably take one point off grave and make it a 6. From what I understand, rolling a 7 is good for literally everybody but yourself.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2022, 07:02:01 pm »

considering what my character is based on, always rolling a 7 on shooting fits far too well for me to pass it up

"So this magic bullet truly can hit anyone, you say?"

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2022, 07:10:44 pm »

Spoiler: Brianna Les (click to show/hide)

((Does that work?))

Edit:  welp!  Put me in the waitlist if you would, please.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 07:13:47 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2022, 08:35:35 pm »

((Was intentional. Forgot to add my trait and didn't know I could put stats negative if I want, so I will edit.

12 stat points seems like quite a lot anyways, especially considering that going above 3 or so in any stat is questionably useful.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 08:38:05 pm by Egan_BW »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2022, 11:01:45 pm »

((Was intentional. Forgot to add my trait and didn't know I could put stats negative if I want, so I will edit.

12 stat points seems like quite a lot anyways, especially considering that going above 3 or so in any stat is questionably useful.))
((Entirely fair.  I pointed it out in case it was something you wanted to fix.  The other portion is that your Body stat was above 6, which is not possible for baseline stats.

Regardless, the turn shall be finished tomorrow.))

Spoiler: Brianna Les (click to show/hide)

((Does that work?))

Edit:  welp!  Put me in the waitlist if you would, please.
((Waitlisted))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2022, 03:03:41 am »

I've updated my sheet, added a skill and put one thing into negative.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2022, 04:20:51 pm »

Turn 1

Ask for something that makes magic easier and a gun.  a big gun.  the biggest she has that wont hamper my mobility. 
[Speech:  1] - As you approach the window, Greta stares you down.

“ID.”

You explain how you’re looking for a magical weapon, or possible a gu–

“ID.”

You frown.  You start searching through your pockets, as she doesn’t change her facial expression.  She doesn’t even tell you to step out of line.  She just stares at you, waiting for you to finish your pantomiming, and then asks for your ID again.

The line behind you yells at you to hurry.  You tell her you don’t have your ID.  You ask for a wand or a gun or something like that.  After that, she disappears.  A few moments later, something dispenses out.  You grab it and leave, heading towards your mission.

As you walk outside, you feel your new weapon start to heat up.  It starts to burn you.  [+1 Wound]  [Dodge (Ranged + Magic): 2 | 3 → 3]  Luckily, you aren’t hurt too badly, but you immediately notice that huge sparks are shooting out of your gun… wand… thing.  It begins to rumble.  You throw it, watching it sail through the air, creating a rainbow of sparks.  As it hits the ground, it explodes.

Well, at least you weren’t seriously injured.

+1 Wound Total

Ask if she has something that makes magic easier, and something I can use to craft robots and stuff using mind and engineering. Yum.
[Speech:  3] - You ask Greta for something magical or for engineering, and she disappears.  A minute later, you hear something rattle into the chute below the window.  You open it and find a small toy robot.  You look questioningly at Greta, who obviously ignores you.  You take the robot.

As you’re walking towards your mission objective, the robot begins to speak.

Initiating startup routines
Creating new user profile AMON16
Setting up basic permissions
Fatal error found:  Initial data corrupted
Repairing disk errors
Allocating additional spell storage space
First time learning algorithm optimization

Welcome, user AMON16!  My name is Weaponized Unspecialized Zero Aptitude Recasting Drone, but you may refer to me as WUZARD.  It appears that I have suffered a fatal error and have lost my initial spellbook.  Please responsibly point me towards a spell to learn the spell and allow recasting.

You remember seeing these toys used to recast spells, but this one appears to have lost any spells it had already learned.  Of course, the business responsible for making WUZARD went out of business after it was found out that the robots were known for exploding when used.

Item Received:  Faulty WUZARD Robot

Faulty WUZARD Robot
Weapon Type:  Magic
Damage:  0 Wounds
Effect:  Whenever a spell is cast on you, roll a Magic (Power) Skill roll.  On a 3-5, WUZARD learns that spell.  On a 1, WUZARD explodes in a ball of fire dealing 1 Wound to you.

Anton looks confused "I am new here do not yet have ID know where can get one?"

Ask the lady about where I get a ID.
[Speech:  4] - As you walk up to the window, Greta asks for your ID.  You tell her that you don’t have any ID, and that you’d like to know where to get one.

“Not my department.  Ask HR.”

You’re about to ask where HR is when a small pixie flies up to you.  “Hello, Anton.  I’m June, you’re HR representative.  Follow me.”  She slowly leads you to what might be generously called an office, grabbing an ID card from a tiny desk in the corner.

“I–uh–should have given this to you sooner, but I have a hard time finding Hrothgar.  I hope you weren’t too inconvenienced!”

As you start to thank her, she immediately bursts into tears.  “Alright, I admit it!  I’ve been hoarding keycards for years!  Please don’t rat me out!  I’ll do anything!  I need this job.  It’s so hard to find a job that lets you steal keycards!”

Your mission is sort of pressing, but she seems to be in the middle of a panic attack.  After a moment, she starts to speak.  “If you don’t tell anyone else about the keycards, I’ll get you one with access to the whole building.  Even the gym!”

You actually weren’t aware there was a gym in this building nor that you didn’t have access to it, so who knows what else is in here.  On the other hand, she is Fae, and worse, she’s HR, so who knows how poorly accepting her deal could be.

Item Received:  Keycard
New Optional Objective:  Accept June’s Offer

Keycard
Effect:  Used for various Abnormal Investigations business, such as accessing the Armory, the Cafeteria, and the Containment Room.

"We don't need no stinking ID cards."
Try to get her to give me a gun.
[Speech:  3] - You ask Greta for a gun, cutting her off before she can ask for an ID.  She doesn’t seem to notice, disappearing for a bit before you hear a clanging of metal in the chute.  You pull out a small gun.

You give the gun a few glances, and–

… Hm.  You might need to get that fixed eventually.  You suppose that maybe there’s a reason people show their ID when getting things from the Armory.

Item Received:  Glitch Gun

Glitch Gun
Weapon Type:  Ranged Weapon (Grace)
Damage:  2 OR 3 Wounds
Requirements:  Grace 2
Effect:  When you fire the Glitch Gun, roll a Ranged Weapons (Grace) Skill roll.  On a 3-5, deal 2 Wounds.  On a 6, deal 3 Wounds, and you G̵l̸i̶t̴c̵h̷ ̷o̵u̷t̸ and gain 1 Wound.

"I am not equipped with an identification card. Furthermore, I do not require equipment, and hoarding would be sinful."

Leave base.
[Survival:  1 | 5 → 5] - You immediately leave the building, though whether this counts as a base is highly subjective.  The building is old and extremely dangerous, and while you’ve heard stories of it surviving raids from rival investigation corporations, you’re doubtful they were as dangerous as you’ve heard and that a newer building would probably be a better fit.

Regardless, as you wait for your teammates outside, you feel a pair of eyes on you.  You prepare yourself for a fight, but instead, a devil in a business suit approaches you.  You can tell that he’s a rival investigator, but he doesn’t appear to be hostile.  In fact, he smiles at you, holding out a hand.

“I’m Viren,” he says.  “I’d like to hire you.”  You’re skeptical, but he quickly explains that all he wants is information.  “My corp is looking into your boss, Mr. Undefined.  I’m willing to offer you a contract in exchange.”  He holds up a business card, handing it to you.  “You call that number, and we’ll discuss the finer details.”

He turns to leave, disappearing just as fast as he appeared.

New Optional Objective:  Enlist Viren’s Aid
Survival Rank Up:  Proficient → Master

[Speech:  6] - You decide to ask Greta for an ID and a Rifle.  You can’t be sure, but she doesn’t seem pleased by this request.  She disappears nonetheless.  Within seconds, you hear a loud banging from within the chute.  You withdraw an unbelievably large shotgun.

“Can’t help you with the ID.”  You look up and find Greta back at her normal spot.  She calls for the next person in line, and you move aside.

The shotgun itself isn’t anything special, although calling it a shotgun is probably not fully correct.  It’s more akin to something like a hand cannon.  As you hold it, you can feel just how heavy it is, and if you were any weaker, you probably couldn’t hold it, and if you were any less agile, you certainly couldn’t use it in battle.  Honestly, this weapon might be a bit of a mistake, but Greta isn’t someone you bother more than you have to.

Item Received:  Unbelievably Large Shotgun

Unbelievably Large Shotgun
Weapon Type:  Ranged Weapon (Grace)
Damage:  4 Wounds
Requirements:  3 Muscle, 7 Grace
Effect:  6s and 7s deal 3x Damage.  Roll an Athletics (Muscle) Skill roll when fired.  On a 1 or 2, you take 2 Wounds.

Mission Update

After leaving the building, your first instinct is probably to investigate the park, and really, if it’s not, your instincts are terrible, and you should feel bad.

Thunder’s Park is several blocks away, just outside the industrial zone that A.I. is hiding itself in.  It’s rather serene, given your current primary mission objective, but you see a tapestry of yellows, reds, and browns indicative of autumn.  There’s a few people out and about, though not as many as you’d expect.  Unfortunately, you notice a team from a rival investigative corporation by the name of Research Abnormality Megacorporation.  You’re currently under a ceasefire with the local chapter, so your teams don’t immediately break out into fighting, but tensions have been high since Hrothgar ghosted Leah after their third date about two months ago.  If they’re investigating this mess, too, you might have to be extra careful.  They’re not above sabotage, but you might not be either.

New Secondary Mission Objective:  Maintain ceasefire with R.A.M.

The park itself is located on a trail that goes deeper into the woods.  The reports of large animals have led the local authorities to post signs about coyotes and bears, and this seems to have minimized traffic on it.  R.A.M.’s team appears to be questioning a local food truck driver, but you can’t make out what the discussion is about from here.

What do you do?

Primary Mission Objective:  Investigate the disappearances at Thunder’s Park.
Primary Mission Objective:  Determine if the disappearances are the results of an Abnormality
Secondary Mission Objective:  Maintain ceasefire with R.A.M.

Status

Spoiler: Burt (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clementine (Egan_BW) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 04:25:14 pm by webadict »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Abnormal Investigators - Turn 1 (6 / 6)
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2022, 05:28:08 pm »

grab rocks to use as a weapon.  idly listen in on the RAM conversation
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2022, 07:44:31 pm »

Anton stands there in contemplation there are many questions he would like to ask and part of him can't help but feel this is some trick... yet this deal is nostalgic somehow... eventually Anton grins "You know you remind me of Quartermaster for USSR Legion! He would hide things away to sell later and give good gifts for you to turn blind eye it is like I'm back at home!" Anton chuckles "Very well June my lips sealed but I shall be keeping the basic ID as well as better one you give me also if anyone ask why I am in area I am not supposed to be I say you let me in. Can not be sure how higher-ups react if I'm caught with what I am not supposed to have in place im not supposed to be you understand. Let us keep working with each other in future yes?"

Accept the offer assuming she agrees to my criteria and use my normal id card to get some type of fitting weapon then catch up with everyone else.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 02:50:26 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2022, 08:29:31 pm »

(Is anybody else having their forum thinge say error a lot and makes you refresh?)

This… is suboptimal. I must remedy the situation.

Pull out my plot convenient engineering tools, whisper a little spell of haste and fix my WUZARD Robot.

After this, I attempt to put in my best non brain eating alien slug face to see what info the food truck owner has and try to engage in diplomacy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2022, 09:16:09 pm »

((Btw, I run on criticism and praise, so if you see something you like or don't like, is confusing, or could be better, point it out.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4