Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Mercenary Shootout Mafia - Game Over - Healing Kinda Busted  (Read 15887 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Shootout Mafia (5 / 7) - Phase 5 - Bloody Coughs, Rotten Flesh
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2023, 09:58:40 am »

It could be that scum picked:
(Passive) Combat Expert: All damage instances you inflict with Primary abilities are increased by 1.

Which is probably the stupidest thing to pick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2023, 02:45:34 pm »

It could be that scum picked:
(Passive) Combat Expert: All damage instances you inflict with Primary abilities are increased by 1.

Which is probably the stupidest thing to pick.
Right, I don't see a reason to pick that unless you have a Machine Gun, but there are some bonuses.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2023, 03:50:55 pm »

Phase 1:
Jim shoots Max
Jim heals Jim
TricMagic marks Max
TricMagic shoots Max
Jack shoots Max
Jack shoots semi auto at a1s
web shoots Jim
web shoots Max
a1s shoots nobody
Knightwing64 shoots nobody
Max shoots Jim (probably)

Notes:
Max takes 13 damage if everyone's claim is accurate, but if a few claims are not accurate he is still overkilled by a large amount of damage

Phase 2:
Jim shoots web
Jim heals Jim
Tric marks a1s
Tric shoots a1s
web shoots a1s
web shoots Jack
a1s shoots TricMagic
a1s shoots webadict
scum player flamethrows TricMagic
Jack shoots Jim
Jack shoots semi auto at Jim

Oddities:
a1s claims to be at 1hp with body armor, but has only taken 6hp damage at this point (1 damage from Jack in Phase 1 and 3 + 2 damage from TricMagic and webadict). Where did the extra 2 damage come from?
webadict claims to have taken 4 damage, but should have taken 4 + 1 from me and a1s shooting him and webadict being Evasive.

Phase 3:
Jim shoots nobody
Jim heals webadict
a1s shoots Jack
a1s shoots Knightwing64
web shoots a1s
web shoots Knightwing64
Jack shoots web
Jack shoot semi auto at web
TricMagic vengeful shoots Jack (probably)

Oddities:
a1s claimed to be at 1hp during Phase 2 and claims to be at 1hp during Phase 3. a1s is still alive somehow despite being targeted by webadict
Knightwing64 took 2 damage but was targeted by 2 + 2 damage from two players.

Phase 4:
Jim shoots nobody
Jim heals webadict
web shoots a1s
web shoots Jack
a1s shoots Jack
a1s shoots Knightwing64
Jack shoots a1s
Jack shoots semi auto at a1s
Knightwing64 uses hard cover on him and a1s
Knightwing64 shoots ?

Questions:
Who did Knightwing64 shoot?

Spoiler: Loadout Claims (click to show/hide)

Notes:
webadict claims Evasive
Jack claims Evasive

Oddities as a whole:
a1s is durable for reasons that are not clear
The damage webadict claims to have dealt does not add up if he actually has a machine gun.

Thoughts:
If a1s is loyal and has body armor, then he should be dead, so either webadict is not telling the truth regarding shooting him, or a1s is a traitor and has body armor and started the game with 11 hp, or a1s has damage mitigation that he hasn't claimed.
The flamethrowerer can't be EuchreJack since I took all his damage on Phase 2 and it can't be me since I shot my primary at webadict in the same phase and I have a proven secondary in my Medical Kit, which rules out combat stims. The flamethrowerer must be within Knightwing64, a1s, and webadict then. I'm going to rule out Knightwing64 since his claims of doing nothing for three phases in a row is believable and his do nothing claims line up for Phases 1 and 3, so the flamethrowerer is likely within a1s and webadict, which lines up with a1s and webadict being the weirdest parts for Phase 2.
webadict is probably lying about having a machine gun.
webadict's claims in general are weird.
The flamethrower is one traitor ability, so there's another traitor ability floating around being used somehow.

Sorry guys.   I've been lying the whole time.

Hmm, webadict reveals that he has been frustrating genuine town attempts to solve the game. Why does loyalist webadict do this? Where have I seen this before?

Knightwing64, who did you shoot?

a1s, how are you still alive with people claiming to shoot you every phase?

Jack's play really bugs me and webadict's lying also really bugs me and a1s still being alive somehow still really bugs me. I've probably contradicted myself about every player at this point but I think the game ends in a loyalist victory if a1s, Jack, and webadict end up dead. I can see a1s/Jack and I can see a1s/webadict but I think webadict/Jack is harder to convince myself of as a possibility.

So basically shoot a1s.

This game is hard and I've already been thinking about it a lot more than I wanted to today.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2023, 04:42:33 pm »

The flamethrowerer can't be EuchreJack since I took all his damage on Phase 2 and it can't be me since I shot my primary at webadict in the same phase and I have a proven secondary in my Medical Kit, which rules out combat stims. The flamethrowerer must be within Knightwing64, a1s, and webadict then. I'm going to rule out Knightwing64 since his claims of doing nothing for three phases in a row is believable and his do nothing claims line up for Phases 1 and 3, so the flamethrowerer is likely within a1s and webadict, which lines up with a1s and webadict being the weirdest parts for Phase 2.

I guess the flamethrowerer could be Jack if a1s lied about shooting webadict during Phase 2 and instead shot TricMagic and me. It would explain the missing point of damage against webadict during Phase 2.

I really feel like the scum wanted to bag two kills in me and TricMagic during Phase 2 because but they didn't expect that I would be able to heal myself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2023, 04:49:44 pm »

So basically shoot a1s.

I guess you can shoot Jack too.

But focus on killing one of them dead.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2023, 05:45:18 pm »

So basically shoot a1s.

I guess you can shoot Jack too.

But focus on killing one of them dead.
Don't worry. I still think scum have routinely been trying to kill me, so they'll probably shoot me dead tonight.

Your final decision will probably be between Knightwing and Web after both a1s and myself are dead.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2023, 07:09:45 pm »

Phase 5 ends in 1 hour and 50 minutes. Please submit your actions by then if you have not already done so.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2023, 08:28:05 pm »

I shot Jack and web for one damage each

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2023, 08:39:02 pm »

They both claim to have Evasive. You did zero damage to both of them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2023, 08:39:45 pm »

Don't split your damage. Shoot one target, please.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2023, 08:46:28 pm »

Get your head in the GAME Knightwing

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Shootout Mafia (3 / 7) - Phase 6 - The Few, The Fallen Many
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2023, 12:41:51 am »

The last of you have gathered to look at the fallen bodies of EuchreJack and a1s.

This time around there's no arbitrary bonfires to judge you for seeking to investigate the dead, and soon you determine that their alignments were wildly different.

In a1s's tent, you find an unauthorized communicator, seemingly having bricked itself. a1s was a Traitor, and even in death his machine gun is menacing to look at.

(Primary) Machine Gun: You shoot two targets for 2 damage each.
(Passive) Vengeful: You may use either a Primary or a Secondary ability the phase after your death.
(Secondary) Suppressed Pistol: You shoot your target for 2 damage.

In EuchreJack's tent, you find no communicator matching a1s'. All you find is a journal full of spiteful ramblings. EuchreJack was a Loyalist.

All you see in his dead eyes is exhaustion, as his loosely gripped rifle rests against the ground.

(Primary) Long Rifle: You shoot your target for 2 damage. A Marked target takes an additional 2 damage.
(Secondary) Semi-Auto Pistol: You shoot your target for 1 damage.
(Passive) Evasive: You always have Soft Cover. Soft Cover reduces all damage instances taken by 1.

It is now Phase 6. The game is very near its close. Phase 6 will end 8 PM Saturday, Central time. You may now post and discuss the situation.

A universal vote may end the Phase early, if everyone has submitted their actions.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2023, 01:04:30 am »

'Kay.

Spit it out, friends.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2023, 07:09:51 am »

'Kay.

Spit it out, friends.
No worries.  Knightwing is next to fall.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 21, 2023, 07:59:46 am »

Bruh, web, I swear to god, if you mislynch me again I’m fucking coming for you

I’m a town member with a assault rifle and a barricade.

Shoot me and you lose. Actually, I’m almost 100 percent sure web is the last mafia, and I recall him saying that he still was at high health

You heathens
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22