Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Warring States 6: Down the River, Across the Ocean!  (Read 2416 times)

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Warring States 6: Down the River, Across the Ocean!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2022, 07:12:39 am »

Yellow Taoist Chu, thanks?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2022, 07:31:30 am »

Do-ne-zo.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 05:11:57 pm »

We will be starting in ~24 hours from now.

If anyone else wants to join, now would be a good time to say so :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2022, 03:36:07 pm »

Lettuce begin!

TURN 1

The people of Han are disparate as the power of Zhou has crumbled... who shall unite the country once more?

Confucian State of Xun: Tails 5, Tails 6, Heads and Tails 4
Sagacious Li Su (SL+1), Yue Heng (SL+1) and Just Zhang Jian (SL+2) serve Lord of Xun as Generals.

Confucian State of Song: Heads and Tails 1, Heads and Heads 3, Tails 1
Brave Xie Jia (SL+2), Elusive Zhang Zi (SL+3) and Brave Chang Hui (SL+1) serve Lord of Song as Generals.

Taoist State of Wu: Heads and Heads 6, Heads and Tails 1, Tails 1
Sun Zi (SL+3), Brave Yuan Zhao (SL+2) and Brave Fu Shui (SL+1) serve Lord of Wu as Generals.

Confucian State of Chen: Heads and Heads 4, Tails 4, Tails 1
Just Yuan Qiang (SL+3), Just Yan Zhong (SL+1) and Brave Rong Li (SL+1) serve Lord of Chen as Generals.

Legalist State of Zhao: Heads and Heads 2, Tails 1, Tails 6, Tails 5, Tails 2
Cautious Yuan Yan (SL+3), Brave Wei Fang (SL+1), Yuan Da (SL+1), Sagacious Huang Ping (SL+1) and Cautious Wen Ying (SL+1) serve Lord of Zhao as Generals.

Taoist State of Chu: Heads and Tails 5, Tails 6, Heads and Tails 3
Sagacious Lu Qiang (SL+2), Gao Cheng (SL+1) and Elusive Xu Yun (SL+2) serve Lord of Chu as Generals.

Moves Needed: IronyOwl, Maximum Spin, Kashyyk, Quarque, notquitethere, ctsun

Spoiler: Rice Count (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Generals' Scroll (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 04:25:11 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2022, 05:03:06 pm »

Confucian State of Xun
Xun invests 10 in Xun.

Confucian State of Song
Soldiers of Song defend Song, but no enemy comes.
Soldiers of Song are ambushed and slaughtered when crossing the Great River by forces of Chen led by Just Yuan Qiang, Just Yan Zhong and Brave Rong Li! (3 vs 4+5+(3+1+1) Rice)
Song fails to conquer Chen!

Taoist State of Wu
Soldiers of Wu led by Sun Zi, Brave Yuan Zhao and Brave Fu Shui swarm over defenses of Han Province! (10+3+(4)+(3) vs 10 Rice)
Wu conquers Han! Han pillaged for 4.

Confucian State of Chen
Chen sets aside 6 Rice to recruit 2 Generals.

Legalist State of Zhao
Soldiers of Zhao led by Cautious Yuan Yan, Brave Wei Fang, Yuan Da, Sagacious Huang Ping and Cautious Wen Ying defend Zhao, but no enemy comes; Huang Ping helps the officials govern the Zhao Province righteously (+1 Rice)!
Zhao invests 4 in Zhao.
Zhao sets aside 4 Rice to recruit 1 General.

Taoist State of Chu
Soldiers of Chu led by Sagacious Liu Qiang defend Chu, but no enemy comes; Liu Qiang helps the clerks with proper taxation of households within Chu Province (+1 Rice)!
Soldiers of Chu led by Elusive Xu Yun attempt to conquer Zeng! 10+1+(2) vs 10+10 = 13 < 20, Tails and Tails
Chu fails to conquer Zeng, and Elusive Xu Yun is killed by a stray arrow during the retreat!

TURN 2

Quote from: Recruitment, Chen
Heads and Tails 1, Heads and Heads 6
Brave Liu Hui (SL+2) and Zhang Da (SL+3) join State of Chen!

Quote from: Recruitment, Zhao
Tails 5
Sagacious Fei Chao (SL+1) joins State of Zhao!

Quote from: RNGeneral
2, Heads and Tails 5
Sagacious Yu Lan (SL+2) joins State of Song!

Once upon a time...
The clerks and officers of Song lamented loudly the loss of soldiers and supplies against the Song. Lord of Song shook his head in defeat, but amongst the weeping, there was a singular laughter. "Who laughs at our misfortune?!" Yelled Lord of Song angrily, and the startled officials parted into two groups, as a young man with a short beard stepped forward. "I do not laugh at your misfortune, but at the folly of those in your employ. Look, my Lord, they waste time weeping, instead of preparing to defend the state against the inevitable anger of the Lord of Chen!" And so Lord of Song inquired the young man about his name, and his name was Yu Lan. Impressed with Yu Lan's military insight despite being only a scholar, Lord of Song employed Yu Lan as a General.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 12:33:15 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2022, 11:55:43 am »

Confucian State of Xun
Soldiers of Xun led by Sagacious Li Su, Yue Heng and Just Zhang Jian defend Xun, but no enemy comes. Li Su helps the local officials with administration, and the province prospers! (+1 Rice)
Xun invests 14 in Xun.

Confucian State of Song
Soldiers of Song led by Brave Xie Jia, Elusive Zhang Zi, Brave Chang Hui, Sagacious Yu Lan defend Song, but no enemy comes. Yu Lan helps govern the province well, letting it prosper! (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Song attempt to conquer Xue! 9+5 vs 10+2 = 14 > 12
Song conquers Xue! Xue pillaged for 5.

Taoist State of Wu
Soldiers of Wu led by Sun Zi (SL+3), Brave Yuan Zhao (SL+2), Brave Fu Shui (SL+1) attempt to conquer Chao! 8+2+(3+(4)+(3)) 10+8 = 20 > 18
Wu conquers Chao! Chao pillaged for 6.
Wu sets aside 8 Rice to recruit 2 Generals.

Confucian State of Chen
Soldiers of Chen led by Just Yuan Qiang, Just Yan Zhong, Brave Rong Li, Brave Liu Hui and Zhang Da defend Chen, but no enemy comes.
Chen sets aside 9 Rice to recruit 3 Generals.

Legalist State of Zhao
Soldiers of Zhao led by Sagacious Huang Ping defend Zhao, but no enemy comes. Huang Ping helps the accountants with their rice tax calculations, keeping them correct. (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Zhao led by Cautious Yuan Yan, Brave Wei Fang, Yuan Da, Cautious Wen Ying and Sagacious Fei Chao swarm over defenses of Gu province! (11+(3+(3)+1+1+1 vs 10 Rice)
Zhao conquers Gu! Gu pillaged for 5.

Taoist State of Chu
Soldiers of Chu led by Sagacious Lu Qiang defend Chu, but no enemy comes. Lu Qiang helps govern the province well, letting it prosper! (+1 Rice).
Soldiers of Chu led by Gao Cheng attempt to conquer Huang! 2+9+(1) vs 10+4 = 12 < 14, Heads
Chu fails to conquer Huang, and Gao Cheng manages to retreat!
Chu sets aside 8 Rice to recruit 2 Generals.

TURN 3

Quote from: Recruitment, Wu
Heads and Tails 4, Tails 6
Just Shi Jin (SL+2) and Wei Huang (SL+1) join the State of Wu!

Quote from: Recruitment, Chen
Tails 1, Tails 4, Tails 2
Brave Yang Jian (SL+1), Just Wen Jun (SL+1) and Cautious Zhao Tai (SL+1) join the State of Chen!

Quote from: Recruitment, Chu
Heads and Heads 2, Tails 3
Cautious Shao Shui (SL+3) and Elusive Su Lian (SL+1) join the State of Chu!

6, Heads and Tails 5
Sagacious Diao Xun (SL+2) joins the State of Chu!

Once upon a time...
Hearing that there's a military scholar living somewhere in Chu province, Lu Qiang set off to find him. And at an inn he found a young man, and asked him if he knew of the military scholar. "I know him, for he is my friend. Why are you seeking him?" And so Lu Qiang explained that a military scholar would be living well in service of Lord Chu. "Before I inform my friend, I would like to speak with your Lord, for my friend is very cautious about politics." And so Lu Qiang took the young man to the court of Lord Chu, and whilst on the road, they shared views on military theory, and once they arrived at the court of Lord of Chu, Lu Qiang asked the young man: "How should I announce you before my Lord?" And so the young man replied: "Diao Xun, the military scholar." And so Lu Qiang laughed, and introduced Diao Xun to his Lord, who, impressed by Diao Xun's knowledge, bestowed upon him the rank of General.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 03:47:13 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2022, 12:13:57 pm »

edit: nevermind, was corrected
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 12:19:48 pm by Quarque »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2022, 12:19:34 pm »

Confucian State of Xun
Soldiers of Xun led by Sagacious Li Su defend Xun, but no enemy comes. Li Su directs the officials to tax the peasants more efficiently! (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Xun led by Yue Heng and Just Zhang Jian attempt to conquer Bao! 16+4+(1+2) vs 10+8 = 23 > 18
Xun conquers Bao! Zhang Jian prevents soldiers from wanton destruction, and only 4 Rice is pillaged in Bao.
Xun invests 6 in Xun.

Confucian State of Song
During defense of Song Province, Yu Lan manages to help the administrators maintain proper governance despite the chaos. (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Song attack Xiao! 5+10 vs 10+8 = 15 < 18
Song fails to conquer Xiao!
Song invests 10 in Song.

Taoist State of Wu
Soldiers of Wu led by Sun Zi, Brave Yuan Zhao, Brave Fu Shui, Just Shi Jin and Wei Huang attempt to conquer Ying! 5+3+(3+(4)+(3)+1+2) vs 10+4 = 21 > 14
Wu conquers Ying! Shi Jin prevents soldiers from wanton destruction, and only 3 Rice is pillaged in Ying.
Soldiers of Wu attempt to conquer Guiji! 17+5 vs 10+7 = 22 > 17
Wu conquers Guiji! Guiji pillaged for 4.

Confucian State of Chen
Soldiers of Chen led by Zhang Da, Just Wen Jun and Cautious Zhao Tai defend Chen, but no enemy comes.
Soldiers of Chen led by Just Yuan Qiang, Brave Rong Li, Brave Liu Hui, Brave Yang Jian and Just Yan Zhong attack Song, and forces of Song led by Brave Xie Jia, Elusive Zhang Zi, Brave Chang Hui and Sagacious Yu Lan attempt to stop them! 5+1+(3+(3)+(4)+(3)+1) vs 1+8+5+(3+2+1+2+1) = 20 < 23, Tails, Heads, Tails, Heads, Tails
Chen fails to conquer Song! Yuan Qiang is impaled on a spear by Xie Jia, Liu Hui is shot and killed by Chang Hui, and Yan Zhong is slain by Yu Lan after 50 bouts of combat!

Legalist State of Zhao
Soldiers of Zhao led by Sagacious Huang Ping defend Zhao, and Sagacious Fei Chao in Gu, but no enemy comes. Huang Ping and Fei Chao remove corrupt officials in the provinces, strengthening the administration! (+1 Rice in both)
Soldiers of Zhao led by Cautious Yuan Yan, Brave Wei Fang, Yuan Da and Cautious Wen Ying swarm over defenses of Li Province! (12+3+(3)+1+1 vs 10 Rice)
Zhao conquers Li! Li pillaged for 5.
Zhao sets aside 4 Rice to recruit 1 General.

Taoist State of Chu
Soldiers of Chu led by Lu Qiang defend Chu, but no enemy comes. Lu Qiang helps the local administrators run the province, helping it grow wealthier! (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Chu led by Gao Cheng, Cautious Shao Shui, Elusive Su Lian, Sagacious Diao Xun attempt to conquer Zeng! 7+4+(1+3+1+2) vs 10+4 = 18 > 14
Chu conquers Zeng! Zeng pillaged for 4.
Chu invests 4 in Chu.

TURN 4

Tails 3
Elusive Yu Hua (SL+1) joins State of Zhao!

2, Tails 4
Just Ning Hai (SL+1) joins State of Song!

Once upon a time...
There was a judge in the state of Song, who heard of the great fighting between Song and Chen. That judge's name was Ning Hai. So one day did Ning Hai come visit his Lord, and offered himself in service of the state on the battlefield. "Our borders have been attacked day by day, yet day by day our officers and soldiers repel the attacks. How is that not inspiring? Our Generals, though smaller in numbers and knowledge, have just killed three of the Chen generals. How is that not inspiring? Therefore I cannot simply sit and dip my brush in ink all day, instead I must aid my fellow officials on the battlefield." And so Lord of Song was moved by words of Ning Hai, that he made him a General.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 02:05:08 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2022, 03:44:56 pm »

The ambitious Lord of Wu declares himself King!

Confucian State of Xun
Soldiers of Xun led by Sagacious Li Su defend Xun Province, but no enemy comes. Li Su helps the local gentry govern the land well and to the benefit of the State. (+1 Rice!)
Xun invests 32 in Bao.

Confucian State of Song
During defense of Song Province, Yu Lan manages to handle the taxation reports diligently, improving revenue of the state. (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Song led by Brave Xie Jia, Brave Chang Hui and Just Ning Hai attack Chen, and forces of Chen led by Cautious Zhao Tai attempt to stop them! 10+8+((4)+(3)+1) vs 1+10+5+((3)) = 26 > 19, Tails
Song conquers Chen, and Xie Jia kills Zhao Tai after 30 bouts of combat! Ning Hai stops his soldiers from excess violence, and only 4 Rice is pillaged in Chen.

Taoist Kingdom of Wu
Soldiers of Wu led by Sun Zi, Brave Yuan Zhao, Brave Fu Shui, Just Shi Jin and Wei Huang swarm over the defences of Yue Province! (7+3+(4)+(3)+2+1 vs 10 Rice)
Wu conquers Yue! Shi Jin reins in the soldiers during the conquest, and only 3 Rice is pillaged in Yue.
Soldiers of Wu swarm over defenses of Tan Province! (20 vs 10 Rice)
Wu conquers Tan! Tan pillaged for 4.
Wu sets aside 8 Rice to recruit 2 Generals.

Confucian State of Chen
Soldiers of Chen led by Brave Rong Li, Zhang Da, Brave Yang Jian and Just Wen Jun attack Song, and forces of Song led by Elusive Zhang Zi and Sagacious Yu Lan attempt to stop them! 9+8+((3)+3+(3)+1) vs 12+6+5+(3+2) = 27 < 28, Heads, Heads, Tails, Tails
Chen fails to conquer Song, and during the fighting Zhang Zi kills Yang Jian while Yu Lan kills Wen Jun!

Legalist State of Zhao
Soldiers of Zhao led by Sagacious Huang Ping defend Zhao, and those led by Sagacious Fei Chao defend Li, but no enemy comes. The wise Huang Ping and Fei Chao both improve the efficiency of rice taxation in their lands. (+1 Rice each)
Soldiers of Zhao led by Cautious Yuan Yan, Brave Wei Fang, Yuan Da, Cautious Wen Ying and Elusive Yu Hua swarm over defenses of Ji Province! (11+3+(3)+1+1+1 vs 10 Rice)
Zhao conquers Ji! Ji pillaged for 5.
Zhao sets aside 12 Rice to recruit 3 Generals.

Taoist State of Chu
Soldiers of Chu led by Sagacious Lu Qiang defend Chu, and those led by Sagacious Diao Xun defend Zeng, but no enemy comes. Both Lu Qiang and Diao Xun manage to remove corrupt officials, improving the economy of the states in the process! (+1 Rice each)
Soldiers of Chu led by Cautious Shao Shui attempt to conquer Zhen! 6+4+(3) vs 10+7 = 13 < 17, Tails
Chu fails to conquer Zhen, and Shao Shui is killed by a group of Zhen spearmen!
Soldiers of Chu led by Gao Chang and Elusive Su Lian attempt to conquer Huang! 7+5+(1+1) vs 10+2 = 14 > 12
Chu conquers Huang! Huang pillaged for 4.
Chu invests 4 in Chu.

TURN 5

Quote from: Fall of Chen
1, 1

State of Chen is conquered by State of Song!
Generals Rong Li and Zhang Da escape up the Great River to the distant State of Xun!

Tails 2, Heads and Tails 2
Cautious Wu Jian (SL+1) and Cautious Cheng Xun (SL+2) join Kingdom of Wu!

Tails 2, Heads and Tails 6, Tails 5
Cautious Lian Yan (SL+1), Fei Fang (SL+2) and Sagacious Yuan He (SL+1) join State of Zhao!

5, Heads and Heads 3
Elusive Yu Jiang (SL+3) joins the State of Chu!

Once upon a time...
Lord of Chu heard that there's an elite strategist living somewhere in the Zeng province. The name of that strategist was Yu Jiang. So Lord of Chu sent his envoys to the Zeng province, and they returned, having not found Yu Jiang. So Lord of Chu sent his spies and agents, and they returned, also having not found Yu Jiang. So Lord of Chu sent his soldiers and spies and envoys, but soon one of them returned, dragging a middle-aged scholar with him. "Look, my Lord, I have found this Yu Jiang!" And so Lord of Chu said, "But you haven't even left the city!" And so the soldier shouted. "Because I had no need to! This man was hiding in your palace, pretending to be a lowly scribe!" And so Lord of Chu first scolded Yu Jiang for escaping responsibilities to the state, and afterwards gave him rank of General in respect for his abilities.

Moves Needed: IronyOwl, Maximum Spin, Kashyyk, notquitethere, ctsun

« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 05:33:37 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2022, 03:55:04 pm »

Hope you enjoyed the nerve-wrecking rock/paper/scissors subgames between Song and Chen as much as I did, Spin. Good luck to you.  :)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2022, 02:56:26 pm »

The State of Xun welcomes the noble and courageous generals of Chen with open arms. Truly their skill and virtue are without equal in this world of warring states.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2022, 05:57:26 pm »

Invest 24 rice in Song and 4 in Xue.
Hope you enjoyed the nerve-wrecking rock/paper/scissors subgames between Song and Chen as much as I did, Spin. Good luck to you.  :)
Haha no please don't do that to me again :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2022, 05:19:40 am »

//EDIT: MS pointed missing 1 rice in Chen, that was fixed.

Confucian State of Xun
Soldiers of Xun led by Sagacious Li Su defend Bao, but no enemy comes. Li Su and his magical abacus ensure that every peck of rice tax coming from the province is accounted for! (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Xun led by Yue Heng and Brave Rong Li attempt to invade Yun! 14+6+(1+(3)) vs 10+3 = 24 > 13
Xun conquers Yun! Yun pillaged for 5.
Soldiers of Xun led by Just Zhang Jian and Zhang Da attempt to conquer Qin! 14+4+(2+3) vs 10+10 = 23 > 20
Xun conquers Qin! Zhang Jian is merciful to the locals, and only 4 Rice is pillaged in Qin.
Xun invests 4 in Xun and 14 in Bao.
Xun sets aside 3 Rice to recruit 1 General.

Confucian State of Song
Song invests 24 in Song and 4 in Xue.

Taoist Kingdom of Wu
Soldiers of Wu led by Sun Zi, Brave Yuan Zhao and Brave Fu Shui attempt to conquer Zou! 13+3+(3+(4)+(3)) vs 10+10+5 = 26 > 25
Wu conquers Zou! Zou pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Wu led by Just Shi Jin, Wei Huang, Cautious Wu Jian and Cautious Cheng Xun attempt to conquer Zhong Li! 12+7+(2+1+1+2) vs 10+8 = 25 > 18
Wu conquers Zhong Li! Shi Jin curbs the excesses of his soldiers, and only 3 Rice is pillaged in Zhong Li.
Wu invests 24 in Tan.
Wu sets aside 3 Rice to recruit 1 General.

Legalist State of Zhao
Soldiers of Zhao led by Sagacious Huang Ping defend Zhao, those led by Sagacious Fei Chao defend Gu, and those led by Sagacious Yuan He defend Ji, but no enemy comes. The three help the provinces they defend prosper! (+1 Rice each)
Soldiers of Zhao led by Brave Wei Fang, Cautious Yuan Yan, Fei Fang, Cautious Wen Ying and Cautious Lian Yan swarm over defenses of Dai Province! (10+(3)+3+2+1+1 vs 10 Rice)
Zhao conquers Dai! Dai pillaged for 5.
Soldiers of Zhao led by Elusive Yu Hua attempt to conquer Bei! 9+7+(1) vs 10+5 = 17 > 15
Zhao conquers Bei! Bei pillaged for 5.
Soldiers of Zhao led by Yuan Da attempt to conquer Fei! 10+4+(1) vs 10+8 = 15 < 18, Heads
Zhao fails to conquer Fei, but Yuan Da manages to retreat.

Taoist State of Chu
Soldiers of Chu led by Sagacious Lu Qiang defend Chu, and those led by Sagacious Diao Xun defend Zeng, but no enemy comes. In both lands, they help local administrators improve economy and commerce. (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Chu led by Gao Cheng attempt to conquer Shen! 8+10+(1) vs 10+1 = 19 > 11
Chu conquers Shen! Shen pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Chu led by Elusive Su Lian attempt to conquer Hua! 8+4+(1) vs 10+7 = 13 < 17, Tails and Tails
Chu fails to conquer Hua, and Su Lian is killed by a group of Hua spearmen!
Soldiers of Chu led by Elusive Yu Jiang attempt to conquer Zhen! 8+6+(3) vs 10+4 = 17 > 14
Chu conquers Zhen! Zhen pillaged for 4.

TURN 6

Quote from: Recruitment, Xun
Heads and Heads 6
Zhong Rong (SL+3) joins State of Xun!

Heads and Tails 2
Cautious Quan Yang (SL+2) joins Kingdom of Wu!

2, Tails 6
Zhao Zen (SL+1) joins State of Song!

Once upon a time...
A young and boisterous vagabond was captured by the soldiers of Xie Jia for attempting to steal his spare sword. "If you wish to be use my spare sword, you must prove that you can wield it!" Xie Jia declared, and had the young man fight 3 of his soldiers at once, but the man beaten them all. Impressed but nonplussed, Xie Jia called for 7 more soldiers to attack the young man, but again, the young man prevailed. "You can send 15 against me, but if I win, I dare ask for a rank equal of yours!" And so Xie Jia, enraged at the dare of the vagabond, sent not 15 but 30 soldiers against the young man, but again, the young man prevailed. The name of that young man was Zhao Zen. Stupified, Xie Jia agreed to Zhao Zen's demand and presented the young man to Lord of Song, who, finding the whole matter rather hilarious, made Zhao Zen a General, and gave him Xie Jia's spare sword.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 05:24:12 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2022, 12:34:27 pm »

//More math oopsies in Chu fixed.

The scheming Lords of Zhao and Chu declare themselves Kings!

Confucian State of Xun
Soldiers of Xun led by Sagacious Li Su defend Qin province, but no enemy comes. Li Su manages to direct reconstruction efforts towards improving irrigation and farmsteads of the state! (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Xun led by Zhang Da and Zhong Rong attempt to conquer Wei! 12+1+(3+3) vs 10+9 = 19 ~ 19, Tails, Heads
Xun fails to conquer Wei, and while Zhong Rong retreats, Zhang Da is killed by a stray arrow during the attempt!
Soldiers of Xun led by Yue Heng, Just Zhang Jian and Brave Rong Li attempt to conquer Liang! 12+1+(1+2+(3)) vs 10+2 = 19 > 12
Xun conquers Liang! Zhang Jian keeps his soldiers disciplined, and therefore only 4 Rice is pillaged in Liang.
Xun invests 46 Rice in Yun.

Confucian State of Song
Soldiers of Song led by Sagacious Yu Lan defend Chen, but no enemy comes. Yu Lan manages to stamp out corrupt officials, improving the administration within the land! (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Song led by Brave Xie Jia, Elusive Zhang Zhi, Brave Chang Hui, Just Ning Hai and Zhao Zen attempt to conquer Dai! 4+8+((4)+3+(3)+1+1) vs 10+2 = 24 > 12
Song conquers Dai! Ning Hai is merciful to the locals, and only 4 Rice is pillaged in Dai.
Song invests 20 in Xue and 18 in Chen.

Taoist Kingdom of Wu
Soldiers of Wu led by Sun Zi, Brave Yuan Zhao and Brave Fu Shui swarm over defenses of Xu! (10+3+(4)+3 vs 10 Rice)
Wu conquers Xu! Xu pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Wu led by Wei Huang and Cautious Wu Jian attempt to conquer Liao! 17+2+(1+1) vs 10+9 = 21 > 19
Wu conquers Liao! Liao pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Wu led by Cautious Cheng Xun and Cautious Quan Yang attempt to conquer Fu! 15+5+(2+2) vs 10+10 = 24 > 20
Wu conquers Fu! Fu pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Wu led by Just Shi Jin attempt to conquer Zhu! 17+4+(2) vs 10+7 = 23 > 17
Wu conquers Zhu! Shi Jin pacifies soldiers through lavish rewards, and thus only 3 Rice is pillaged in Zhu.
Wu invests 15 in Tan.

Legalist Kingdom of Zhao
Soldiers of Zhao led by Sagacious Huang Ping defend Zhao, those led by Sagacious Fei Chao defend Gu, and those led by Sagacious Yuan He defend Ji, but no enemy comes. The three help the provinces they defend prosper! (+1 Rice each)
Soldiers of Zhao led by Cautious Yuan Yan, Brave Wei Fang, Cautious Lian Yan, Cautious Wen Ying and Fei Fang swarm over defenses of Jin province! (10+3+(3)+1+1+2 vs 10 Rice)
Zhao conquers Jin! Jin pillaged for 5.
Soldiers of Zhao led by Elusive Yu Hua and Yuan Da attempt to conquer Fei! 16+4+(1+1) vs 10+9 = 22 > 19
Zhao conquers Fei! Fei pillaged for 5.
Zhao sets aside 16 Rice to recruit 4 Generals.

Taoist Kingdom of Chu
Soldiers of Chu led by Sagacious Lu Qiang defend Chu, and those led by Sagacious Diao Xun defend Zeng, but no enemy comes. In both lands, they help local administrators improve economy and commerce. (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Chu led by Elusive Yu Jiang attempt to conquer Mao! 10+9+(3) vs 10+5 = 22 > 15
Chu conquers Mao! Mao pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Chu led by Gao Cheng attempt to conquer Hua! 10+9+(1) vs 10+6 = 20 > 16
Chu conquers Hua! Hua pillaged for 4.
Chu invests 12 in Chu.
Chu sets aside 4 Rice to recruit 1 General.

TURN 7

Tails 6, Tails 2, Heads and Heads 4, Heads and Tails 1
Sun An (SL+1), Cautious Zhao Gang (SL+1), Just Su Huan (SL+3) and Brave Wang Ju (SL+2) join Kingdom of Zhao!

Quote from: Recruitment, Chu
Tails 3
Elusive He Wei (SL+1) joins Kingdom of Chu!

5, Tails 2
Cautious Sheng Tao (SL+1) joins Kingdom of Chu!

Once upon a time...
The newly ascended King of Chu ventured forth on a forest path with his entourage, and they came upon a bridge in bad condition. "Heavens protects you, my liege, we are safe." Said many officials, but one shook his head. "Look, this post is partially rotten, and this plank is slightly cracked. My liege must step carefully and avoid these terrible dangers." Said the offiicial, and his name was Sheng Tao. Others laughed at his worries, but as soon as King of Chu stepped across the bridge, the rotten post fell and the cracked plank broke. So was King of Chu thrilled about Sheng Tao's wisdom and perception, that upon return to the palace he made Sheng Tao a General.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 01:05:50 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2022, 02:36:02 pm »

//I have realized that there are two Dai provinces; the northern one belonging to Zhao has been renamed Beidai.

The power-hungry Lord of Xun declares himself King!

Confucian Kingdom of Xun
Soldiers of Xun led by Sagacious Li Su defend Qin, but no enemy comes. Li Su directs all efforts to improve economy of the state! (+1 Rice)
Soldiers of Xun led by Yue Heng, Just Zhang Jian, Brave Rong Li and Zhong Rong attempt to conquer Kui! 14+6+(1+2+(3)+3) vs 10+10+5 = 29 > 25
Xun conquers Kui! Zhang Jian reins in his soldiers, and only 4 Rice is pillaged in Kui.
Soldiers of Xun attempt to conquer Wei! 17+9 vs 10+7 = 26 > 17
Xun conquers Wei! Wei pillaged for 5.
Soldiers of Xun attempt to conquer Huan! 18+7 vs 10+10 = 25 > 20
Xun conquers Huan! Huan pillaged for 5.
Xun invests 18 in Qin.
Xun sets aside 33 Rice to recruit 11 Generals.

Confucian State of Song
Soldiers led by Sagacious Yu Lan defend Dai, but no enemy comes. Yu Lan stamps out corruption and promotes learned men, improving the governance in the land. (+1 Rice)
Soldiers led by Brave Xie Jia, Elusive Zhang Zi, Brave Chang Hui, Just Ning Hai and Zhao Zen swarm over defenses of Zheng Province! (10+(4)+3+(3+1+1 vs 10 Rice)
Song conquers Zheng! Ning Hai limits the looting time, and only 4 Rice is pillaged in Zheng.
Song invests 46 in Dai.
Song sets aside 12 Rice to recruit 4 Generals.

Taoist Kingdom of Wu
Soldiers of Wu led by Sun Zi, Brave Yuan Zhao and Brave Fu Shui attempt to conquer Xiang! 9+5+(3+(4)+(3) vs 10+7 = 24 > 17
Wu conquers Xiang! Xiang pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Wu led by Just Shi Jin, Wei Huang, Cautious Wu Jian, Cautious Cheng Xun and Cautious Quan Yang attempt to conquer Chunyu! 10+1+(2+1+1+2+2) vs 10+5 = 19 > 15
Wu conquers Chunyu! Shi Jin spares the locals, and only 3 Rice is pillaged in Chunyu.
Soldiers of Wu swarm over defenses of Yi Province! (20 vs 10 Rice)
Wu conquers Yi! Yi pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Wu swarm over defenses of Xuju Province! (20 vs 10 Rice)
Wu conquers Xuju! Xuju pillaged for 4.
Wu invests 24 in Tan.
Wu sets aside 20 Rice to recruit 5 Generals.

Legalist Kingdom of Zhao
Soldiers of Zhao led by Sagacious Huang Ping defend Zhao, those led by Sagacious Fei Chao defend Beidai, and those led by Sagacious Yuan He defend Fei, but no enemy comes. The three help the provinces they defend prosper! (+1 Rice each)
Soldiers of Zhao swarm over defenses of Qi province! (20 vs 10 Rice)
Zhao conquers Qi! Qi pillaged for 5.
Soldiers of Zhao led by Brave Wang Ju, Cautious Yuan Yan, Cautious Zhao Gang, Cautious Wen Ying and Cautious Lian Yan swarm over defenses of Zhongshan Province! (10+(4)+3+1+1+1 vs 10 Rice)
Zhao conquers Zhongshan! Zhongshan pillaged for 5.
Soldiers of Zhao led by Yuan Da, Brave Wei Fang, Just Su Huan, Fei Fang and Sun An swarm over defenses of Yan Province! (10+1+(3)+3+2+1 vs 10 Rice)
Zhao conquers Yan! Su Huan restrains his soldiers' excesses, and only 4 Rice is pillaged in Yan.
Soldiers of Zhao led by Elusive Yu Hua attempt to conquer Huo! 17+7+(1) vs 10+6 = 25 > 16
Zhao conquers Huo! Huo pillaged for 5.
Zhao sets aside 8 Rice to recruit 2 Generals.

Taoist Kingdom of Chu
Soldiers of Chu led by Gao Cheng attempt to conquer Tang! 10+2+(1) vs 10+1 = 13 > 11
Chu conquers Tang! Tang pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Chu led by Elusive Yu Jiang attempt to conquer Sui! 10+9+(3) vs 10+3 = 22 > 13
Chu conquers Sui! Sui pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Chu led by Elusive He Wei attempt to conquer Quan! 10+8+(1) vs 10+6 = 19 > 16
Chu conquers Quan! Quan pillaged for 4.
Soldiers of Chu led by Cautious Sheng Tao attempt to conquer Luo! 10+1+(1) vs 10+9 = 12 < 19, Heads
Chu fails to conquer Luo, and Sheng Tao survives the battle.
Chu invests 18 in Hua.

TURN 8

Quote from: Recruitment, Xun
Tails 2, Tails 3, Tails 1, Tails 3
Tails 6, Heads and Tails 1, Tails 6, Tails 1
Heads and Heads 1, Heads and Heads 3, Heads and Heads 1
Cautious Zhou Bao (SL+1), Elusive Chu Fu (SL+1), Brave He Guanting (SL+1), Elusive Yu Ming (SL+1),
He Da (SL+1), Brave Yu Qiu (SL+2), Sheng Chao (SL+1), Brave Yuan Rong (SL+1),
Brave Yao Fang (SL+3), Elusive Du Hao (SL+3) and Brave Shi Heng (SL+3) join Kingdom of Xun!

Quote from: Recruitment, Song
Tails 4, Heads and Heads 1, Tails 6, Tails 1
Just Lian Gang (SL+1), Brave Xiahou Da (SL+3), Shao Ping (SL+1) and Brave Xiang Li (SL+1) join State of Song!

Heads and Heads 2, Tails 2, Tails 1, Heads and Heads 3, Heads and Tails 6
Cautious Sun Yun (SL+3), Cautious Ye Heng (SL+1), Brave Yan Guo (SL+1), Elusive Liu Quan (SL+3) and Xu Tu (SL+2) join Kingdom of Wu!

Heads and Heads 4, Heads and Heads 1
Just Yu Xiang (SL+3) and Brave Zhou Dong (SL+3) join Kingdom of Zhao!

Heads and Heads 3
Elusive Zhuge Rong (SL+3) joins Kingdom of Chu!

Once upon a time...
Once again King of Chu heard of a magnificent tactician living in his lands. This time he searched close and far, wide and tall, but couldn't find the man. Finally, on the last day of his search, King of Chu ventured forth onto a mountain to pay respects to the Heavens, and there met a taoist priest with long beard and fan of black feathers. And once they begun their meeting, King of Chu understood he has met a man of deep insight and wide intellect. "What might be your name?" Inquired King of Chu. "My name is Rong, and my family Zhuge, and I have been waiting for a man of understanding and ambition." And so King of Chu realized that the magnificent tactician he was looking for was right before him, and he invited Zhuge Rong to his palace, and made him a General.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 03:18:57 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 [2] 3