Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (3/7) End: Mafia Jim Wins  (Read 19035 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2022, 03:33:12 pm »

I'm, honestly going to keep my vote on webadict right now. I feel they're trying to control the narrative.
Please show which game I don't try to control the narrative?
In fact, please show a game where I allow players to fight for no reason, and I turn out to be scum.  Or, really, explain to me how I'm controlling the narrative in a negative way?  Do you believe I should let players argue the entire thread instead of being "controlling"?  I am, as always, at a loss for how when you use the logic in its opposite fashion.  I do congratulate you that you are correct, I am, in fact, attempting to control discussion so that we don't get stuck at nothing, and yet... you don't identify that as a positive aspect, and I cannot identify why.

@Deus Asmoth:  If you want to vote out Max, then you're doing a bad job at it.  The more you are fighting over nothing, the more I don't want to vote him out, and the more I'll probably defend him.

I don't think he was for a No-lynch. I don't think he cares about the lynch result either way. If you want to know how that furthers the scum wincon, joining bandwagons is generally a way that scum players try to avoid suspicion. The only thing unusual about this one is that it was for a No-lynch rather than a player, but the concept is the same. That's why I think he played it off as him baiting (checks notes)... Jim, somehow... when it was obvious that most players weren't in favour of it.
Oh boy...  Where to start...

Joining a bandwagon isn't inherently scummy.  In fact, it's one of the only ways to actually win as a Town player.  But, that's not really what Maximum Spin is doing.  If anything, I'm the one that's bandwagoning, and that's really loosely using the term.  Voting people for no reason is scummy, yes, but it's (1) Day 1, so there's a lot of leeway on what's acceptable, (2) NOT joining a bandwagon for no reason at all, and (3) expressing an idea for something that you explicitly believe is the correct decision.  Are you saying that joining what you think is the right decision is wrong?  No, of course you're not.  So, you must instead point out that the motivations behind that decision are wrong.  His actions don't look like they have ill intent, so I don't think this is a viable method to attack Max.

Please stop.

Please tell me that you understand that openly ignoring someone's questions would be scummy as hell.
Ha ha ha, no, see, this is the point, you just haven't played with me before. I basically always do that.
You claiming to be bad at the game isn't actually a defence.
I have literally public acknowledged ignoring entire players as Town, I don't see this as a viable method of attack on Max.  Not because he's doing that, but because you're egging him on for no reason, and he's actively trying to de-escalate.

Please stop.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Jim Jack Tric Now: Knightwing's Requested Revenge (7/7) Day 1: GO GO GO!
« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2022, 03:40:19 pm »

@Deus Asmoth:  If you want to vote out Max, then you're doing a bad job at it.  The more you are fighting over nothing, the more I don't want to vote him out, and the more I'll probably defend him.
You're free to do whatever you want. I'd appreciate it if you don't pretend that I'm fighting over nothing when all I've done so far is point out why I think Tric is scum and respond to his non-answers.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 24, 2022, 03:47:11 pm »

Follow up for Webadict

I have literally public acknowledged ignoring entire players as Town, I don't see this as a viable method of attack on Max.

Have you publicly acknowledged your intent to ignore players you've never played with before while asking other players (who you claim to think are scum) what you should think of them?

Not because he's doing that, but because you're egging him on for no reason, and he's actively trying to de-escalate.
Explain to me how this isn't you just making shit up? The first thing I've said that I would consider even coming close to egging him on is saying he's bad at the game for using his meta of doing something I would consider bad play as a defence for when I said that his behaviour was scummy. I can't see a single instance of him attempting to de-escalate either, mainly since he was the only one escalating to begin with.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 24, 2022, 03:50:21 pm »

Uggggh, you know what? I don't want another whole day of this. Can I just... Deus Asmoth? Is that an option?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 24, 2022, 03:52:51 pm »

Further follow up for Webadict

Joining a bandwagon isn't inherently scummy.  In fact, it's one of the only ways to actually win as a Town player.  But, that's not really what Maximum Spin is doing.  If anything, I'm the one that's bandwagoning, and that's really loosely using the term.  Voting people for no reason is scummy, yes, but it's (1) Day 1, so there's a lot of leeway on what's acceptable, (2) NOT joining a bandwagon for no reason at all, and (3) expressing an idea for something that you explicitly believe is the correct decision.  Are you saying that joining what you think is the right decision is wrong?  No, of course you're not.  So, you must instead point out that the motivations behind that decision are wrong.  His actions don't look like they have ill intent, so I don't think this is a viable method to attack Max.

I can only assume you're intentionally misrepresenting what happened here, and I'm not sure why you're doing that. Max has explicitly claimed he was lying about wanting to No-lynch, so either he was lying then or he's lying now. Either way, it's not possible for you to honestly argue that he was joining a movement that he believed was correct.

If you're accepting the claim that him joining to idea of a No-lynch was somehow a bait for Jim then I'd really like it if you'd explain how that makes an iota of sense.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 24, 2022, 03:54:46 pm »

If you're accepting the claim that him joining to idea of a No-lynch was somehow a bait for Jim then I'd really like it if you'd explain how that makes an iota of sense.
Web said "for Jim". I said it was a bait for anyone.
It does sound like you're chainsawing for Jim now though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 24, 2022, 04:02:13 pm »

@Deus

Just vote for me then, and I'll actively ignore you.  I don't really care for what you're trying to prove because I think you're working off faulty assumptions.  Do you have someone else that you think is scum?  Because, while I'm not going to assume Max can't be scum, I really don't think he is, and I'd really like it if we could focus a bit more on Jim.

If you actually don't care about working with me, just vote me, then.  I'm trying to get people to converge on possible votes.  But, I'm going to be actively against voting Max Today, and if you want to flip me to prove I'm Town, I, rather honestly, don't care enough to stop anyone because, eh, everyone needs to learn that my meta cannot be defined.

I'm always down for some tied votes, too.  The Mafia could pick between me and Jim, for example!  I'd be down for that.  I like seeing what the Mafia pick, ya know?

@Max:  Please stop.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 24, 2022, 04:02:25 pm »

Web said "for Jim". I said it was a bait for anyone.
It does sound like you're chainsawing for Jim now though.
Really? Because I would have said it's more like you and Webadict are chainsawing for each other.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 24, 2022, 04:05:04 pm »

Webadict I'd rather if you actually responded to the things I asked you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 24, 2022, 04:07:11 pm »

Good luck getting webadict to do that.

To web, that was mostly my thoughts at the time. So I posted them.

So.. Max, Jim, or Dues, which would you suggest Asmoth?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 24, 2022, 04:07:38 pm »

@Max:  Please stop.
Yeah. Okay. Should I switch back to Jim? I'm comfortable voting out either today.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 24, 2022, 04:09:26 pm »

Are you asking if I want you to shoot me? No, that's OK thanks. You can shoot Max though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 24, 2022, 05:02:07 pm »

What did you ask me?

What did you ask me?

Also, please feel free to shoot either me or Deus.  I do not care which one.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 24, 2022, 05:11:09 pm »

What did you ask me?
Go look yourself, I know you can read.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 24, 2022, 05:14:39 pm »

What did you ask me?
Go look yourself, I know you can read.
I obviously can't because I don't know which things you think I haven't responded to.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26