Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Irritan Anam - Steam Release Succession Fort!  (Read 20081 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Irritan Anam - Steam Release Succession Fort!
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2022, 12:27:06 am »

Not quite sure if i will be able to play at all either. Four of last five days have been with lights off. But we'll see.

damn you too? i woke up to an apocalypse of ice rain..

Hey, I'm down fore playing some extra time but I won't be able to start until the 27th at the earliest (holidays and all).

sounds good. until then, Irritan Anam will rest

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2022, 07:56:10 am »

103 spring

Elfs bring horses and big-goat.  Dwarfs give silk-wear.  Mostar swap socks, pairs not-match.  Zhyehehe!

Spoiler: Leik this (click to show/hide)

An-grave-dwarf skulk, steal things, make bed.  Funny!

Fore-ate dwarfs arrive, brim-fill Dwarf-cave.  Dwarfs dig rooms and guilt-halls.  Mostar trick new-dwarfs!

Barren-dwarf smile.  Barren-dwarf not-feel any-thing for normal.  Why smile?

Dwarfs cook stone.  "Coal" stink.

!!! MONARCH ARRIVE !!!

Dwarfs hard, boring.  Mostar wait singers leave, go elfs.

---

Since this is a sudden leap in progress, I'll end my turn early.  Does anybody want to have a go during the holidays?  Else, daeizer resumes on the 27th.

There will be whole new fortress wings!  Bronze production has begun, paving the way for a dedicated military.  The next overseer will need to get the drink supply up to speed lest the dwarves have to drink their bathwater (literally, the cave lake is marked by yucky contaminants and soap).

Download:
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16270

(Edit: using different image source; if you read this, i did a history preservation for YOU!)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 03:50:48 am by Mobbstar »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2022, 12:21:29 pm »

!!! MONARCH ARRIVE !!!

This might be my favorite moment in the thread so far :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2022, 08:43:26 am »

Great turn, Mobbstar, thanks for playing!

daeizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2022, 09:05:37 am »

Dreams of a bored cook
The following updates are no longer canon du to a lost save.

1st of Hematite
Finally ! My time to shine, the dwarves have informed me that I'm to be the next overseer.
I have many plans, first and of formost importance are the kitchens renovation.
For years now I have been forced to work in a tiny dingy space unfit for a rotting goblin. From now on the noble art of cooking will recieve the respect it deserved.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Accordingly I have ordered for new space to be made for the creation of a grand kitchen.
I will also take steps to add variety to our food supply, the surface of our fort is filled with fruit barring trees. Peaches, Apricots and bayberries will make fantastic additions to the menu.
The ones that have been left soacking in the troglodyte blood should be particulary flavorful.
They will also be critical to restoring our supply of drinks, which is alarmingly small.
I also note that our baroness has forbidden the export of door and is complaning about the lack of armor rack whilst our mayor is positivly fuming about the state of his accomodation and is refusing the export of crowns.
It seems his position may have gotten to his head. Nontheless I shall do my best to accomdoate these wastes of space dear nobles.

9th of Hematite
Attack ! A pair of perfiduious uninvited humans have been caught sneaking around the fortress.
A frail but brave bard launches at one of them with surprising effectiveness.
The first of these brigands fall in the dinning hall torn appart by the angry crowd, his cries for help falling on death ears.
The seconde one dies to the fortress's militia as she attempts to run away.
Their armor will make a nice addition to our stocks.
Though it seems they had time to kill one of our visiting dancers.
Of course it's deplorable but at least it's one less free-boozing gullet to hydrate.

14th Of hematite
A human caravan has arrived !
We traded some gems and rock crafts in exchange for a large stock of food, leather, cloth and a few drinks.
I also picked out a fancy looking scimitar and some instruments for the horde of bards that fill our fortress.

1st of Malachite
Bedrooms !
But my count we only have 60 bedrooms which is entirely inadequate to sustain the now 123 dwarfs living in the fortress.
I'm not good at math but I know you can only make so many biscuits from a single plum helmet so I have ordred a new set of bedroom to be made.
Works on the new kitchen is going well.
As part of the new bedrooms initiative I have decided to add some living quarter worthy of the Head Chef (me) adjacent to the new kitchen.

7th of Malachite
It seems a small groupe of Troglodyte have found their way into our farms.
It's unclear how they got there but the damage was only minor, a few deaths dwarves and some more gore to flavor our crops.

9th of Malachite
Twelve new migrants have arrived, putting additional pressure on the bedroom situation.
They should be used to sleeping without a bed after all that travelling right ?

12th of Malachite
A flock of giant peach-faced lovebirds are hindering our fruits gathering efforts, regardless our drinks situation is slowly getting better.
Also we seem to have acquired something called a 'Gorlak' it's absolutly hidious.
I'll put him on display in the library those scholars must be bored to death reading books all day.

26th of Malachite
Our Gem cutter has been inspired and created a legendary floodgate.
I'm not quite sur what we're meant to use it for but I do appreciate the spikes.

2nd of Galena
A dwarven child was killed by a "Lektatholest" today.
I don't know what that is but it's dead now and I've prepared some lavish meals for the parents.
I'm sure this will cheer them right up.
In related new all the floor hatches leading to deeper cavernes have now been properly locked.
With any chance this will slow the flood of grieving parents, distraut friends and wailing widows coming to me with "safety concerns".

1st of Limestone
Autumn has come.
Our new beedrooms are finished, our stocks of drinks is growing and I've dugged out some new quarters for our mayor.
Work on our new kitchens and my own modest quarters has advanced nicely I've even find a pratical use for all that copper that was littering our bins.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 04:49:43 pm by daeizer »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2022, 12:03:35 pm »

Cheers for another few months! The "Lektatholest" I believe is a giant cave toad. You have to rotate your head and squint a little for it to be clear. The new kitchen is very pretty :).

daeizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2022, 12:25:44 pm »

Ahh that makes sense, thanks Voliol

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2022, 06:45:26 pm »

That really is some lovely architecture, great job! And damn, that moose is huge.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2022, 10:55:50 pm »

Cheers for another few months! The "Lektatholest" I believe is a giant cave toad. You have to rotate your head and squint a little for it to be clear. The new kitchen is very pretty :).

It’s definitely a giant cave toad.  It says so in the text in the right of the image.  “Lektatholest” is dwarven for “Lurecyclone”.  It’s the name that the dwarves gave the giant cave toad after it killed the child.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

daeizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2022, 12:00:23 pm »

1st of Limestone
The fortresse is absolutly teeming with bards, poets and scholars.
You cannot go get a drink without first enduring a cacophonie of overlaping songs, poems and arguments about "Mineral remidies".
I have briefly considered being more discerning about who we accept as a new citizen but then I remembered what my mother used to say:
"Every rotten piece of meat is a soup stock in disguise".
In that spirit I have decided to expand our military.
We currently have 6 members in our militia I plan to extend that to 20 before Autumn is done.
The metalshmith have been ordered to craft weapons and armore while we expand the military quarters.

3rd of limestone
A Kobold has been spotted trying to sneak inside the fortress, good our new military dwarves need some experience.
A nice easy targe..
A groupe of goblins thiefs have decided to join in, the more the merrier.
While vile indeed they could hardly be described as a force, our militia dwarves clean things up quickly.
During the commotion is was also informed that our baronesse punched a giant olm to death deep in the caverns and broke her hand in the processe.
Maybe she's not so useless after all.

16th of Limestone
Dwarven mechants have arrived.
They had a nice stock of ingredients which we traded for gems and crafts.
I always wanted to try lungfish cake.

6th of Sandstone
I've decided to decorate our fortress entrance, we want to make a good first impression.
To that end I've assigned a giant cave spider to be chained near the supply depot.
It's just so cute.

8th of Sandstone
As it turns out that giant cave spier was not as tame as I thought.
Rest in piece, you beautiful creature.
In its stead a Giant bat will be guarding the entrance.
The trainers have assured me it's been tamed and should behave itself.

10th of Sandstone
We seems to have acquired a large collection of bones.
While they make adequate decoration in their raw state I feel like they could be even more useful as material for our worksman.
I have made a large order of bone crafts, maybe we can give them to the elves if they ever come visit.

11th of Sandstone
Asa spare us, more migrants have arrived.
I shall have to make more living quarters.

21st of Sandstone
One of our gem cutter has claimed a Jeweler's Workshop and begun a mysterious construction !

24th of Sandstone
It's a weapon rack in red spinel.
As far as artefacts go this one's not too elaborate but it does have menacing spikes.
It shall decorate the Round Bolts's Barracks.

26th of Sandstone
We have amassed an impressive collection of caged troglodytes.
Since I'm not sure what to do with them I've put their cages next to fort's entrance.
They might help brighten up the place.

6th of Timber
I've been informed that a Diplomate was "unable to complet a meeting and left unhappy".
The petition office is right next to the entrance.
Hopefully they won't send us such an idiot next time.

8th of Timber
As I was walking around the food stock I noticed some odd substance sitting in a barrel.
After making inquries I was informed this was in fact "sunshine".
I'm unsure exactly how it got there or how edible it is but I can't wait to try some new recepies.
I hope it goes well with lungfish

1st of Moonstone
Winter is upon us. The new barracks are done.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 04:02:27 pm by daeizer »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2022, 01:22:46 pm »

6th of Sandstone
I've decided to decorate our fortress entrance, we want to make a good first impression.
To that end I've assigned a giant cave spider to be chained near the supply depot.
It's just so cute.

8th of Sandstone
As it turns out that giant cave spier was not as tame as I fought.
Rest in piece, you beautiful creature.

"Hey Urist, are you sure you trained that spider? It's looking at me kinda funny."

"Hmm? Oh yeah, the really fuzzy one? Yeah it was super easy. Almost like training a dog. You should be good to let it loose."

As it turns out, Urist had confused one of the fortress dogs for a spider after getting cross-eyed drunk the previous day. So, in fact, it was exactly like training a dog.

"Oh. Ok. It just looks. . . hungry."

nice journal and rooms. hopefully the giant bat fares better

LeftHandofGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Within the Shadow's Grasp
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2022, 07:49:08 pm »

Welp, that's a bummer. Cool to have a bat, though. Do we have any other spiders so that we have a steady supply of silk to make into clothes?

daeizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2022, 08:27:34 pm »

3rd of Moonstone
I attempted to add some appropriately themed decoration to the farm guildhall.
However as it turns out if you just leave a bunch of plants sitting on a pedestal they will simply wither away.
I've decided to leave it, as a reminder of the hubris of dwarves and the impermanence of life, or something like that.

4th of moonstone
Another kobold tried to enter the fort however she quickly decided to turn tail upon seeing the remains of a goblin predecessor.
(Do kobolds have tails ?)
Another kobold thief isn't so quick to run away and gets caught by a tavern keeper and a woodcutter.
They displayed unorthodox but very effective fighting techniques.

8th of Moonstone
We currently only have a small temple that share it's space with a menagerie of Turkeys and peacocks.
While this does add a liveliness not usually seen in places of worship it does make it harder for the Gods to hear prayers addressed to them.
Especially since most of them are quite old and probably hard of hearing.
Consequently I've begun construction of a larger temple of all faiths as well as a small church to Asa, my own deity.
The new temple will be built above the old one and with directe access from the baronnes chambers as well as the infirmary/tombs quarters.

10th of Opal
The construction of the new temple is going well and... wait what now ?
An angry Marksdwarf has approached the fortress spouting nonsense.
Oh my, it turns out this is our visiting baroness consort's older sister.
I can definitely see a resemblance.
I've no wish to embroiled myself in the disputs of foreign nobles but she threaten the fort so I've dispatched the militia to dispatch her.
She didn't last long.

11th of Opal
After some investigation I have been informed that "Swallowtender the Ruined Gulf" is in fact an artifacts crossbow currently sitting on the bottom of one of our weapons bin.
It seems this family is obsessed with crossbows... I'll be keeping an eye on her sister.

15th of Opal
I've elected to display a few of our artefacts in the new temple, Swallowtender among them.

20th of Opal
The new temple is complete !
Not whishing to anger the goods with a display of humility I've made sure to incorporate a lot of iron in it's construction.
Including iron doors and hatch covers.
On display here are four artefacts: Swallowtender, a marble bed depicting the ascension of a dwarven king, a floodgate and a hatch cover.
I tried to get the artefact hatch cover installed on the stairway but my workers insisted it would risk damaging the object.
The dwarf 'Voliol' display good bardsdwarfship and has been assigned as an entertainer in the Iron Temple.

25th of Opal
I've found a large smear of dog blood near the entrance.
I don't know what happened here but I'm sure the giant bat had nothing to with it, look at it.
It's too cute.

26th of Opal
Oh that's what's happening.
I'm sure the dogs have it handled, no need to alert the militia.

2nd of Obsidian
The church of Asa is complete !
I've made sure to include a lot of sittings for me and the other.. ahem.. 2 followers..

6th of Obsidian
Our population is now 175
I'm not sure exactly how many bedrooms with have but it's definitely not enough..
Here we go again.
Everybody gets a 3x2 room but if they wanted luxuries like smooth wall and chests they should have gotten here sooner.

7th of Obsidian
The weathered plants in the farm guildhall have rotten away completely.
The pedestal have instead been filled with figurines made out of cave toad bones, symbolizing.. ahem the permanence of bones.

13th of Obsidian
Ahem..
So I've been spending some time in the tavern and.. it turns out with have a few interesting visitors.
One of them is a Gorlak spearman, asking about something called "the Sour Room".
I didn't know Gorlak were sentient, I put one in a cage inside the library for Asa's sake !
She seems ok I just hope she's not the bookish kind.
Slightly more disturbing to me though is learning that we currently have a couple of zombies "socializing" in the tavern.
And when I say a couple I mean they are actually married.
One is a bard and the other a monster slayer.
Am I the weird one here ?
Is no one else disturbed by this ?
Everyone seems cool with it so I'm just going to play along but I swear this position is getting to me.
Everything seems so much simpler from within the kitchen..

17th of Obsidian
A group of naked elves has now entered the fortress.
They claim to be a "performance troupe" calling themselves "The Satiny Knights"...
Along with them is an equally naked dwarf with an artefact silver spear strapped to her back and a book she wrote herself in her hand.
I need to get back to my kitchen..

18th of Obsidian
The naked elves, the Gorlak and the zombie bard are now having a chat in the tavern.
I remember when we founded this place just the seven of us. We.. We had dreams..

23rd of Obsidian
One of our monster slayer has ventured deep into the cavern he's entered a martial trance and slaughtered a whole groupe of troglodytes at once.
It's nice to that at least some visitors are normal peoples.
Now he's taking a nap in the middle of the cavern right new to his latest kill.
What a beautiful bastard.

28th of Obsidian
Thief !!
I saw him !
This human bard just walk right up to the pedestal and stole Swallowtender right before my eyes.
He won't go far.
Attack !!
What do you mean "no warrant" ?
But I saw him !

1st of Granite
The militia commander is refusing to execute this man under the excuse that he's "not hostile" and I'm missing the proper paperwork for an official arrest.
The commotion must have alerted him though as he just dropped the crossbow on the floor and ran.
It's spring now, by the time it's over I'll have that damned crossbow in the deepest, most secure dungeon dwarvenkind has ever seen !
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 08:39:56 pm by daeizer »

daeizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2022, 08:30:47 pm »

Welp, that's a bummer. Cool to have a bat, though. Do we have any other spiders so that we have a steady supply of silk to make into clothes?
Not currently. We do have pair of crundles that I've been training, some naked mole dogs and some blind ogres.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2022, 08:34:37 am »

Does anyone know if fall butchery (dropping something from such a height it explodes into its butchery parts) still works? I've been looking through the wiki but don't see it mentioned anywhere. Have I imagined that being in the game?

Anyways, that could be a nice solution to the caged troglodyte population. If we are willing to engage in cannibalism that is.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14