Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 39 | 30+ pages of competitive evolvin'  (Read 26576 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 38 | 30+ pages of competitive evolvin'
« Reply #465 on: February 26, 2023, 05:24:45 pm »

Knıghtwing

2009-2023

Rest in Pieces
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 38 | 30+ pages of competitive evolvin'
« Reply #466 on: February 26, 2023, 05:37:52 pm »

Oop

I got u fam

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 26, 2023, 05:45:45 pm »

Oh Gods! He has risen!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 26, 2023, 05:54:53 pm »

Hmm, I have no predators or enemies that can reach me. Well, time to build up foundation until I can make a nuke.

The Shellfolk: Upgrade tech, authority positions are given to Shellfolk who have physical abilities above the rest, or who are smarter. The reigning Shellfolk king and various other nobility titles are given to whoever is smartest/strongest to lead the rest to a age of even greater efficiency.

The Shellfolk: Upgrade the brain even further, to the point where Shellfolk can attempt to reliably predict the
future through advanced probability equations based on prior data and evidence.

The Shellfolk: Send a squad of scouts to make contact with the strange mountain god we keep hearing about, see if any mutually beneficial relationships or trades could be made with this entity.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 26, 2023, 05:56:25 pm »

Yup, next I’ll make a zombie virus???

Maybe?

Well, there’s a few fungus’s who do things similar in rl, so I guess it wouldn’t be too far fetched…

HMMMmMmM

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 27, 2023, 05:22:08 pm »

Turn 38

The Events
Power: 97
Temperament: 1 (eheehhuhu oh no)

The Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The World

The Skyboulder seemed to come ever closer to the ground and the sea, the Ascendants noticed. They observed, they foresaw, then, they went to pray.

They went up to the mountain, as they always do. But this time there, they found someone. The mountain god.

The god of mountain blood spoke, told them the secrets of space and time, matter and energy. They learned these under his command, and with that knowledge, they made the impossible.

The Ascendants built a ship. Not a ship to cruise through the waves but one to pass between the stars. They put inside it a thousand eggs from a thousand different duels, then sent it off to someplace else. Where, the mountain god does not know.

Then the moon broke. Skyboulder broke into pieces and each of these pieces bombarded the ocean with such force that almost toppled the Seamount from its very foundation.

The City died. The Island did too. Many things died to the crushing force of a wave large enough to break mountains.

Then the world fell under a decades long spell of cold.

One Lifeboat made it through all of it. Just one. It returned where it knew home and died there. It's passengers though, the green fuzz and the piggybackers, they simply got off and went their way, there they encountered the tough grass of the sea, and some distantrelatives. There they took the infection of the Second Mind, which had survived with the survivors.

As these were occuring, the rocks lifted to reveal a single giant vessel. It was buried under the earth to sleep through the end of the world. And it had succeeded in its mission to survive into the future.

The world has started anew.

Dwarf Octorhino, Tusked Octohorse, Clippy Octohorse, Horsie Octohorse, Seal Yunus, Theiving Quadcat, Slimy Puffercovy Puritan Puffercovy, Slimy Remnant and Terrestrial Slimetree are extinct.

The Poultry Terrub and Habsburg Terrub have merged, creating the Feral Seapoult.

The Lifeboat Livyat fullfilled its purpose.

The Shellfolk have left the planet.

Overbroad Shale | Vast Barren Underwater Rock Biome | 5/10 species
Spoiler: Local Species (click to show/hide)

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 39 | 30+ pages of competitive evolvin'
« Reply #471 on: February 27, 2023, 05:27:55 pm »

Even at the end of time the Hyrda somehow manages to survive.

The Kō-Äh have also managed a single small group. Sapience lives on in mourning.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 05:33:22 pm by TricMagic »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Evolution: Season 3 | Turn 39 | 30+ pages of competitive evolvin'
« Reply #472 on: February 27, 2023, 05:48:00 pm »

AYYYYYY

W FOR ME, LETS GOO

There should be a rematch of this, it would be fun. Maybe the fluff could be a new planet that the Shellfolk have seeded with life, or something.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 27, 2023, 05:56:11 pm »

The Shellfolk managed to evolve themselves out of existence, good job. Now you just have the random Hydra Turnip.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 27, 2023, 06:27:36 pm »

No, don’t try to spin this Tric. I ascended my species to a higher plane, that was a victory. Don’t you even.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 27, 2023, 07:27:35 pm »

You know Magma is gonna call. Who ya gonna bust?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 27, 2023, 08:36:36 pm »

I refuse to believe I lost for being too good. I’m pretty sure I won.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 27, 2023, 08:48:19 pm »

Doesn't mean the game has ended. Hydras are still here.

Team X2
Very little remains of the past wonders of the Kō-Äh. The fields are barren, moon broken and shattered. What happened to the other Arks is unknown, and history has faded into folklore. The Last Prince sits upon their moldy throne. Though melancholy, they survived, and lived on. It would be a betrayal to give up now.

Downsize. The ancient Orchards that make up the Ark are old and weary. Use them to spread seagrass and kelp around the rocky bed to try and heal the sea.
Break. Develop Earthturners like the ancient ones, capable of breaking rock down into silt through their acids. The better for life to grow.
Lighten. Let the Gardeners take cuttings of the Orchards, massive lilies that absorb what sunlight exists and forms fruits on their underside. [SS Roll]

Nothing like the great kelp forests of the past, but a start to help restore the ecosystem and provide food.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 09:01:54 pm by TricMagic »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

We could continue, but I'm happy to call the game there as it's a nice ending point. A bittersweet dawn of a new age. What do we reckon?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I kinda want to keep playing though.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33