Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Hunter's Call (IC)  (Read 5381 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter's Call (IC)
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2022, 05:16:17 pm »

Aku moves to punch one of the Wolf Sharks.

Your fist connects to the closest Wolf Shark's side. It bends into a U shape and stays that way. You feel the shark's skeleton crumble to pieces on the other side of your gloves. Somehow they feel so fragile compared to creatures that walk on land.

8 Wolf Sharks remain.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2022, 05:21:19 pm »

Five follows suit, also trying to reduce the number of Wolf Sharks.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2022, 05:24:12 pm »

Five follows suit, also trying to reduce the number of Wolf Sharks.

Landon gets his turn first, since the Sinker died before he got to shoot it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2022, 06:13:37 pm »

"Well, looks like the hard part is over with, and they be serving up fish dinner to celebrate! Go get yers Chubs!"

Landon leans against the big gun and draws his sword, which he lazily swings around to direct the Otter's attacks.

(I believe Chubs is allowed to attack twice, using its own and Landon's actions)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2022, 02:10:36 pm »

"Well, looks like the hard part is over with, and they be serving up fish dinner to celebrate! Go get yers Chubs!"

Landon leans against the big gun and draws his sword, which he lazily swings around to direct the Otter's attacks.

(I believe Chubs is allowed to attack twice, using its own and Landon's actions)

((You get one action between the two of you, Landon or Chubs can attack unless you use the action that lets you both attack for one fate point and a penalty.

Since you're fighting minor monsters you can attack as many as you want though, with a penalty based on the number you are attacking. Like how Eich has been trying to take on 3 sharks a turn. This would be one all or nothing roll, so if you try to kill 3 sharks you'll kill 3 sharks on a success or 0 on a failure.

Using the two attack action would let you make two such attacks, on at your attack and one at Chubb's, attacking as many sharks as you want each.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2022, 02:14:33 pm »

I'll still go for 2.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2022, 03:01:07 pm »

I'll still go for 2.

Chubbs leaps into action. He grabs a cannon ball and immediately hammers it in to the nearest Wolf Shark, slamming it into the deck. It bounces higher than your head, followed by two more bounces before it begins sliding across the deck. A shark attempts to gobble Chubbs whole. He throws the cannonball in its mouth and attacks the shark's gills with his teeth, making a meal of the poor creature's most vulnerable part.

There are now 6 Wolf sharks left.

While the sharks continue to swarm across the deck, they do not manage to get much living meat with the distraction of the Sea Sinker removed. Much of the group is now focusing on chewing up what they can get of the dead sinker rather than risking taking on the "winner" of the fight.

Of course the Sharks attached to Eich are an exception. The shark on your foot is too dazed to make a move, but the shark in your arm continues biting down hard in attempt to remove your appendage for use as a snack.

Eich takes 2 damage and is now at 7.

It is now Init 1. Everyone gets a move.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2022, 04:04:15 pm »

Fling spears into each of the two sharks eating Eich.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2022, 04:47:56 pm »

Fling spears into each of the two sharks eating Eich.

Perhaps you gave Eich too much breathing room, as your spears find themselves tasting the wood of the Zepher rather than penetrating the Shark's flesh. At least those spears will be easier to recover.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2022, 04:54:54 pm »

Aku goes to demonstrate to Eich the proper way of smashing the Wolf Sharks that are currently eating them, by smashing one of the Wolf Sharks that are currently eating him.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2022, 05:10:28 pm »

Five pulls and smashes a Wolf Shark nibbling at his fellow Hunters like one would extract a tick.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2022, 08:50:27 pm »

Aku goes to demonstrate to Eich the proper way of smashing the Wolf Sharks that are currently eating them, by smashing one of the Wolf Sharks that are currently eating him.

Five pulls and smashes a Wolf Shark nibbling at his fellow Hunters like one would extract a tick.

The two giants jump into action to save the hunter getting nibbled on by his prey.

Aku smashes the wolf shark on the unfortunate man's arm. He hits it hard enough that it rips out its teeth, leaving them in the manhunter as the rest of the shark becomes a messy, toothless corpse. Unfortunately he also ends up blocking Five's field of fire, the hunter unable to maneuver around the large man to hit the second shark.

There are 5 sharks left.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2022, 10:14:38 pm »

Bash the shark attached to my foot with my other foot. Vigorously.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2022, 10:54:51 am »

((You get one action between the two of you, Landon or Chubs can attack unless you use the action that lets you both attack for one fate point and a penalty.

Using the two attack action would let you make two such attacks, on at your attack and one at Chubb's, attacking as many sharks as you want each.))

(Let's spend a fate point and give this a go. Try to wrap up combat here. )

"With a cannon ball? That be OTTER-ly devastating my friend."

Landon let's out a dark laugh, wether it is at the violence his pet just committed or his own terrible pun is anyone's guess.

The sailor raises from leaning on the gun, adopts a proper battle stance, and adjusts the lackadaisical grip on his blade to one suited for an actual fight.

"Ahoy Chubs! Let's wrap this madness up together."

Fate point spent to allow Landon and Chubs to each act. 2 sharks each.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2022, 03:42:39 pm »

Bash the shark attached to my foot with my other foot. Vigorously.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

You kick the shark that is still eating your foot. Unfortunately this awkward pose on a wet, tilted deck causes you to fall on your but rather than liberate your foot form the beast's mouth. It continues being bruised but not dead.

I'm not sure how this one particular shark ended up so tough.

(Let's spend a fate point and give this a go. Try to wrap up combat here. )

"With a cannon ball? That be OTTER-ly devastating my friend."

Landon let's out a dark laugh, wether it is at the violence his pet just committed or his own terrible pun is anyone's guess.

The sailor raises from leaning on the gun, adopts a proper battle stance, and adjusts the lackadaisical grip on his blade to one suited for an actual fight.

"Ahoy Chubs! Let's wrap this madness up together."

Fate point spent to allow Landon and Chubs to each act. 2 sharks each.

Landon is now at 6 Fate.

You and your monstercidal pet scurry across the deck cutting at any shark that looks at you funny (which is every shark. They're born that way). Unfortunately neither of you are able to carve another notch on the ship. Your attacks run into nothing but air as the Shark Swarm stays just out of reach, the creatures now wise enough to flop away from incoming danger rather than engage either you or your otter. Given their behavior they're likely willing to flee soon.

Except of course the shark biting Eich, which continues to avenge its fallen comrades by chomping deeper into his leg.

Eich takes 1 damage!!!

It is now Init Zero. Everyone rerolls Initiative and we start back at the top.

INIT ROLLS
Landon Init 4
Eich Init 4
Five Init 3
Aku Init 4
Duncan Init 4

Wolf Sharks Init 4

Rip Five I guess.

It is now Init 4. Everyone who isn't Five gets a turn.

For anyone wondering the numbers Wolf Sharks have a base Defense of 13, explaining why you have fair odds of either slaughtering multiple or missing altogether depending on your roll.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9