Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ? about meat  (Read 1854 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
? about meat
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:17:00 am »

How do i get meat from an animal corpse?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: ? about meat
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 10:52:00 am »

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 01:05:00 pm »

In adventure mode it doesnt say anything about it and when i try to eat an animal corpse it says "berent licked the jaguar corpse" and i dont eat it.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 01:32:00 pm »

There's no way to get meat from corpses in adventure mode yet. Though, really, you don't need food in the current build, since just going to the world map cures all hunger you may have had.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 01:53:00 pm »

I know but i wanna eat it dammit!! I killed it!!! Too bad guess i gotta wait......

Naminator4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 02:13:00 pm »

You can always pick up mud and eat it...
hat''s it for now.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 12:46:00 am »

I suppose if you're really determined you could write a mod to make animals leave prepared meat instead of corpses. I don't know if you could get a stack of more than one, but I can't see needing more than one meat in adventurer mode very often. I haven't tested it or anything, but I think you'd want something like:
[ITEMCORPSE:MEAT:NO_SUBTYPE:WOLF:NO_RACEGLOSS]
(I'd be very surprised if this just plain works; you'll need to play around with it. In particular, the second MEAT is probably wrong. In other item corpses, that argument is the material - but all the examples I can find are items like statues or bars that have clearly defined materials. I don't know if wolf meat counts as meat made of WOLF, or meat made of WOLF_MEAT, or MEAT_WOLF, or what. Leather makes things even more complicated - is cow leather armor made of LEATHER_COW, or LEATHER which is itself made of COW, or what?)
(There might even be an ITEMCORPSE_QUANTITY tag that isn't used for any of the existing creatures - but I kinda doubt it.)
Of course, this would be suboptimal for fortress mode.

Dang... I want to make a meat golem now...

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 10:35:00 am »

ooohhh yeeeahhh tasty!

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 09:48:00 pm »

Okay, I'd like to report that the tag I posted above does not work. Not even a little bit. I... killed a wolf... it left an expanding cloud of boiling leather... I walked through it to see what would happen, and began freezing to death...
So, yeah, something different.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 11:12:00 pm »

Okay, I found a way to make it kinda sorta work. This rather unintuitive tag:
[ITEMCORPSE:MEAT:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT:NO_RACEGLOSS]
, when used in place of [STANDARD_FLESH], will make wolves drop (for some reason) dragonfly meat. It is, however, perfectly edible dragonfly meat. I haven't tested it much - I assume it'd make other creatures drop dragonfly meat, too, but I'm not sure.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 11:34:00 pm »

Double post.

[ April 20, 2007: Message edited by: Vanigo ]

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 05:34:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Vanigo:
<STRONG>Okay, I found a way to make it kinda sorta work. This rather unintuitive tag:
[ITEMCORPSE:MEAT:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT:NO_RACEGLOSS]
, when used in place of [STANDARD_FLESH], will make wolves drop (for some reason) dragonfly meat. It is, however, perfectly edible dragonfly meat. I haven't tested it much - I assume it'd make other creatures drop dragonfly meat, too, but I'm not sure.</STRONG>

That's because of the "NO_SUBTYPE" qualifier.  I'm not sure what subtype you have to assign to meat in order to associate it with a specific animal, but if there's no subtype it's probably choosing the first meat type in the game (which happens to be dragonfly meat, I guess, which does boggle the mind since dragonflies are vermin and thus aren't butcherable).

quote:
berent wrote:
<STRONG>I know but i wanna eat it dammit!! I killed it!!! Too bad guess i gotta wait......</STRONG>

You can at least lick the corpses.  Puts whole new meaning to "lick a cougar"...

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 06:10:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by JT:
<STRONG>
That's because of the "NO_SUBTYPE" qualifier. I'm not sure what subtype you have to assign to meat in order to associate it with a specific animal, but if there's no subtype it's probably choosing the first meat type in the game (which happens to be dragonfly meat, I guess, which does boggle the mind since dragonflies are vermin and thus aren't butcherable).</STRONG>

I tried a bunch of things there, and none of them had any effect - even when I had them dropping weapons. I suspect that argument isn't really implemented, myself.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 07:54:00 pm »

Yeah, I've heard before that the subtype isn't implemented for item corpses... yet dropping chunks of adamantium from slain wolves works, if anyone is to be believed on these boards (haven't tried it myself).
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 11:23:00 am »

chunks of adamantine works... and masterpiece weapons if you want to break the game. but thats really ok. I'm not sure what the no_subtype thing does but i'll try to figure it out in a bit.
Pages: [1] 2