Author Topic: Barony  (Read 3756 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Barony
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2022, 07:44:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

commission Moretti to make more golems and get them to mine the quarry.

I walk around my land and see if I can find any magical items or something valuable.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2022, 09:21:24 am »

Spoiler: Jacob de Bennivar (click to show/hide)

I agree to house Flint upon my land with nary a fee to be paid, in exchange for him entering my service.

Helga is to purchase the services of contractors to build Flint a proper home
Flint is to raise simple houses from the earth to provide basic lodging for the serfs I will soon be gathering.
I go out and begin gathering peasants to work under me.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2022, 03:47:58 pm »

Lets see if we can hire a builder to help develop our land. After all, housing is important!
4 You ask around town about builders that you can hire. You find a man named Samuel, a carpenter, who is willing to work for pay. Lose 10 gold. Gain 1 Servant
Servant Name: Samuel
Servant Skill: Carpentry

6 The queen's men clean out the rest of your pumpkin patch. It now lays barren of any pumpkins. Gain 75 Gold. Fertile Pumpkin patch is now empty.
No further income until you plant new crops. You keep the prosperity from having at least 100 Gold, though.

commission Moretti to make more golems and get them to mine the quarry.

I walk around my land and see if I can find any magical items or something valuable.

1+1=2 Moretti says he can't make any more golems at this time. Besides, you don't have any gold to commission him with. Nonetheless, he commands the one golem that he did make to go mine at the quarry. It moves over there rather slowly, so you don't gather much today.
5 You search around thoroughly and manage to find what looks to be a golden ring. It has runes on it and seems to glow a bit with magical energy. Obtain Golden Magic Ring.
You'll have to get it identified later, but it definitely looks valuable.

I agree to house Flint upon my land with nary a fee to be paid, in exchange for him entering my service.

Helga is to purchase the services of contractors to build Flint a proper home
Flint is to raise simple houses from the earth to provide basic lodging for the serfs I will soon be gathering.
I go out and begin gathering peasants to work under me.

4+1 Helga manages to find some building services for pretty cheap. Flint is quite pleased, and now has a quaint little cabin house not too far from your main house. Gain 1 Cabin House. Lose 10 Gold. (You now have 20 Gold left)
1+2 Flint manages to raise up a small house for you made of earth and stone. Gain 1 Small Stone House. It has 2 rooms.
3 You find one peasant woman named Sonia. She says she is willing to work for coin, but she's not particularly skilled. Do you want to house her?
Potential Servant Recruit: Requests Coin
Servant Name: Sonia
Servant Skill: None, currently.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 03:53:07 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2022, 04:27:41 pm »

Spoiler: Neil Dragonson (click to show/hide)

Iean hunts for meat for the lizards, while Neil tries to tame them into becoming lovable pets.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2022, 04:50:24 pm »

I offer Sonia half of all the gold she makes off of farming the land, and a place to stay while working for me.

Assuming Sonia accepts, I take the time to assist her in learning proper farming techniques. If she does not, I look for alternative candidates.
Helga is to purchase wheat seeds.
Flint is to till the ground for a field with his geomancy.
Sonia, if she accepts, is to learn how to work the land.

we're going to have so many servants later into this

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2022, 09:55:12 am »

Spoiler: Baron Kash von Keegan (click to show/hide)

Baron von Keegan struts about the plot, looking for some serfs to order about. If he finds them they get ordered to start tilling the fields like good little peasants.

Jeeves follows behind, providing hot Beverages as required amd carrying von Keegan's bags.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2022, 11:57:38 am »

WIP

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2022, 04:18:38 pm »

DEMAND THAT HEADLESS CORPSE GET UP AND GETS A JOB. DAMN HIPPIE. SNACK ON BRAINS.
MINION DIGS A RANDOM HOLE.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2022, 09:13:44 pm »

Get Moretti to petition our higher authority for more land. Cast charm person to make them more suggestible.

Get my “golem” magic ring inspected and look for some new servants.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2022, 10:16:51 am »

have samuel develop the land with affordable housing, with tenants either working for me or paying rent. Have Dustan Sow some beans in our now empty pumpkin patch to encourage crop rotation.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2022, 11:51:33 pm »

Spoiler: Neil Dragonson (click to show/hide)

Iean hunts for meat for the lizards, while Neil tries to tame them into becoming lovable pets.
2+1=3 Iean manages to hunt a few mice for the lizards. The lizards then eat them.
3+1=4 The lizards are happy, so you tame them fairly easily. the 3 lizards are now Pet Lizards.

I offer Sonia half of all the gold she makes off of farming the land, and a place to stay while working for me.

Assuming Sonia accepts, I take the time to assist her in learning proper farming techniques. If she does not, I look for alternative candidates.
Helga is to purchase wheat seeds.
Flint is to till the ground for a field with his geomancy.
Sonia, if she accepts, is to learn how to work the land.

we're going to have so many servants later into this
(luckily i have a good name generator)
5 Sonia agrees enthusiastically and joins up. You teach her how to farm and she seems to like the work. Sonia gains Skill: Farming
2+1=3 Helga purchases a couple wheat seeds. They're not as cheap as they normally would be. Gain 3 Wheat Seeds. Lose 5 gold.
6 Flint tills the ground with ease, so much so that all of your land essentially becomes a big field for which to plant crops. Unfortunately, that means the forest has also been eaten by the spell. Your land becomes Tilled Land. Lose the Forest.

Spoiler: Baron Kash von Keegan (click to show/hide)

Baron von Keegan struts about the plot, looking for some serfs to order about. If he finds them they get ordered to start tilling the fields like good little peasants.

Jeeves follows behind, providing hot Beverages as required amd carrying von Keegan's bags.
1 You have no other people under your employ at the moment. Just the land that you were given, with a bungalow house. No other special features.
4 Jeeves loyally provides you hot beverages and carrying your bags. Gain 1 Hot Tea

DEMAND THAT HEADLESS CORPSE GET UP AND GETS A JOB. DAMN HIPPIE. SNACK ON BRAINS.
MINION DIGS A RANDOM HOLE.

4 With some sort of necromancy, the headless corpse gets up. They sort of shuffles about, not knowing what to do for a job due to the fact that you ate their brain. Gain 1 Servant
Servant Name: ??? (Headless Corpse)
Servant Skill: None, currently.

6 Your minion digs a hole so deep that now they're stuck in it. There is now a large hole on your property. C'tr'uncin will be unavailable until you get them out of the hole.

Get Moretti to petition our higher authority for more land. Cast charm person to make them more suggestible.

Get my “golem” magic ring inspected and look for some new servants.

3+1=4 Moretti manages to charm a minor lord. They agree to expand your original land slightly. Your land is upgraded from Small to Medium.
5 Your magic ring is inspected by a local enchanter. They tell you it's worth at least 100 gold by itself. They introduce themself as Ash and say they'd be willing to become your personal enchanter in exchange for the ring.
Potential Servant Recruit: Requests Ring
Servant Name: Ash
Servant Skill: Advanced Enchanter

have samuel develop the land with affordable housing, with tenants either working for me or paying rent. Have Dustan Sow some beans in our now empty pumpkin patch to encourage crop rotation.
2+1=3 Samuel builds a small wooden cabin. It has 2 rooms. He says that he built it, so that balances out in regards to rent. Gain 1 Cabin.
3+1 Dustan plants some beans. They grow a little bit. You now have a Fertile Bean Patch (Growing).

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2022, 10:23:09 am »

I see if the land market has crashed from it's alltime high yet.
Helga locates a potential buyer for our upcoming wheat harvest.
Flint... Flint can go do whatever as I don't have anything for him to do right now. Go to a tavern or something, Flint.
Sonia is to sow all the wheat seeds we have bought in the field.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2022, 10:29:15 am »

Mold a brain from mud and stick it on ???'s stump.
C'tr'uncin is going great, it can keep digging.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2022, 12:04:26 pm »

Toss Ash the golem magic ring for his service.

Get Moretti to make another golem to send to the quarry

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2022, 04:35:43 pm »

Name: Zero
Description: A small pink haired woman with a nasty temper.
Land: Far Plains North: A small cottage, surrounded by villages dedicated to farming more than anything else. It's far off the beaten path, and has not had anyone to administer it for quite some time..

Servant's Name: Sai
Servant's Description: A plain brown haired man with much patience for the whims of their mistress. Wields a sword.
Servant Skill: Combat

Start setting up collection from the local villages, maybe hire a maid and some laborers to fix up the cottage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3