Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trifle Pewter Slab  (Read 832 times)

HrumpfOfDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trifle Pewter Slab
« on: October 24, 2022, 04:05:08 pm »

My mayor is demanding a trifle pewter slab. How in the heck do I even get one?

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: Trifle Pewter Slab
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 08:06:42 pm »

Well... necromancer (and other) artifact slabs are often made of unconventional materials. See if you can find and take them by raiding. You might get lucky!

Actually, thought, best to just ignore the mayor. Demands, unlike mandates, don't carry any legal penalties for non-compliance: your mayor will be a bit miffed, but that's just his fault for being unreasonable. He won't punish anyone.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 12:50:33 pm »

+1

i never bother with mandates/demands.
just keep the nobles happy with big bedrooms, their favorite booze, fancy offices, and sometimes fancy tombs.
putting all your non-pretentious dwarfs in the same big space with overlapping royal bedrooms is surprising easy.

if you're wanting to do all the demands for RP reasons, great, but the only two ways i can think of are praying for raids to get one (fat chance) or using DFHack gui/gm-editor

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 01:33:05 pm »

Try selecting a unit with “v” and then running

Code: [Select]
createitem SLAB INORGANIC:PEWTER_TRIFLE

in the DFHack console and see if that works.

Edit:  forgot a few things…
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 03:14:46 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Juxtapoisson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 03:09:43 pm »

Someone said once that decorating a bed with a material met the demand for a non wood bed (glass I think it was). E.g. Decorate the wood bed with glass made the noble happy when the noble wanted a glass bed. I have not tried this myself.
If this is true, then decorating a rock slab with trifle pewter might work? At least, it would be good for science.
I, personally, have trouble identifying the specific decorated furniture in the build menu.

Kuria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022, 10:48:11 am »

Someone said once that decorating a bed with a material met the demand for a non wood bed (glass I think it was). E.g. Decorate the wood bed with glass made the noble happy when the noble wanted a glass bed. I have not tried this myself.
If this is true, then decorating a rock slab with trifle pewter might work? At least, it would be good for science.
I, personally, have trouble identifying the specific decorated furniture in the build menu.

I just tried this last week in 47.05 and it doesn't work. The request was for a "billon slab" and a stone slab decorated with "stud with billon" did not satisfy when placed in Her Majesty's throne room.