Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Hunter's Call (OOC)  (Read 2155 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter's Call (OOC)
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 11:10:43 pm »

Okay, that much is probably fine. what about the other two feats or stat line?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2022, 12:09:20 am »

I figured you'd want to input since it is a custom class and all. If you want me to do a full writeup that's fine too:

Wrestler:

Attack 14 Defense 14 Armor 6 (7) Fate 7 (7) Speed 2

Wrestling: You may make a Melee attack against a target monster. If successful the attack does no damage, but Restrains the target. A Restrained target can take no action but make a melee attack against the one Restraining them. If they succeed by two or less, they are free. If they succeed by three or more, they succeed and damage the one Restraining them as normal. If they fail, they remain Restrained. You may free a Restrained target at any time. If you are damaged by any other source, the target is automatically freed. You must spend your Attack to continue restraining the target.

Monster Shield: If you Restrain a lesser monster, you may redirect one attack aimed at you to the monster. If you Restrain a greater monster, you may spend 1 fate point to redirect an attack at you to the restrained monster. This attack may miss as normal.

Wrestling Style: While it may seem at first glance that a Wrestler uses nothing more than brute strength to grapple monsters, there are many different techniques to doing it right. Some forms of Wrestling are made specifically to give you the upper-hand against Monstrous foes, while others simply use the principles of human-on-human wrestling as applied to giant monsters, still others are exactly what meets the eye and simply use pure strength to overpower the enemy. The player may suggest a bonus based on the character's Wrestling Style.

Equipment: Very-Low-quality Grappling Weapon (6 Damage), Low Quality Armor (+1 Armor)

Grappling Weapons include gloves, ropes, nets, bolas, and other weapons that may assist in Grappling targets.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2022, 06:59:58 pm »

Alright, here is my application. You'll need to tweak the numbers on the wrestling style a bit as I have no idea what is balanced.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2022, 12:27:53 pm »

We probably have enough players that we can start over the weekend.

Alright, here is my application. You'll need to tweak the numbers on the wrestling style a bit as I have no idea what is balanced.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Having three bonuses is a pretty hefty effect. +1 to Attack, +1 to Defense, and 50 Health instead of 35.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2022, 05:58:03 pm »

Name: Duncan Mann
Class: Stalker
Stats: Attack 15 Defense 13 Armor 5 (5) Fate 6 (6) Speed 3
Feats:
   Snipe: Stalkers may make a called shot to any part of the Monster's body for a penalty depending on the size of the part (such as -3 for a giant Monster's eye). If successful, the monster will receive penalties depending on what was targeted including but not limited to bypassing some Armor, giving penalties to Attack, giving penalties to Defense, or extra damage. This may be included with use of any other Feat.
   Special Ammunition: Spend 1 Fate point. Your next attack uses special ammunition such as an exploding round, a poisoned round, or an armor piercing round. What form these will take depends on what weapon you are wielding. Your next attack receives a Fate dice in addition to an extra effect (such as added damage or poisoned effect)
   Weapon Mastery: Javelin-based
Equipment: Leather amentum (javelin-thrower) (8 Damage), Low Quality Camouflage (1), harmonica or equivalent
Backstory: I really like skewering things with javelins, and you'd be surprised how mad you can make people doing that back home. Owing to family privilege I escaped prosecution for a verrrry minor case of homicide which developed out of a run of the mill love rivalry, but it was politely suggested that I find a new hobby somewhere far away.
Appearance: Very young-looking, thin, wiry, and freckled, with light brown hair. Average height, but long-limbed. His conventional attractiveness is somewhat marred by his childish tendencies, and by a missing tooth from falling off a horse once.

Lemme know what you think about the weapon mastery.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 06:49:02 pm by Maximum Spin »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2022, 06:18:48 pm »

Name: Landon O'Hare.
Class: Beast Master
Stats: Attack 13 Defense 14 Armor 5 (6) Fate 7 (7) Speed 3
Feats:

Monster Companion: Your trusty friend who will fight and die for you. You may attack with your Animal Companion instead of attacking yourself. Your Animal Companion is by default stated at 14 Attack, 14 Defense, 6 Armor, sharing your Fate and Initiative. They have 35 hitpoints and may take attacks independently from you. These traits will be improved as you level up and may change at character creation by player request. You may attack alongside your animal companion for 1 fate point, but both attacks will be at -1.
Loyal to the End: Spend 1 fate point. After calculating damage for any attack on you or an ally, your Monster Companion may jump in front of the attack blocking it with its own body. Your Companion takes the damage instead of the original target, placing its own Armor modifier in place of the target.
Monstrous Ability (Otter): ???

Equipment: Dagger (6 Damage), Partial Hide Armor + Sailor's Uniform (+1)

Backstory: Lord Harris was a minor noble with only a small patch of coastal hunting land. Wishing for more resources and wealth, but not willing to make war upon his neighbors to obtain them, he purchased a small merchant fleet to conduct trade with the new world. To give his crews an advantage against pirates and hostile navies, Lord Harris would trust some of his Mana-fed otters to particularly competent crewmates. The wielders of these Otters were not considered true beastmasters or hunters, as they were dependent on the high-mana food Lord Harris provided and had little opportunity to hunt themselves.

One sailor entrusted with an Otter was Lord Harris' own bastard son: Landon O'Hare. Landon was a simple man who loved the sea and his family; None of his half siblings saw him as a threat, as he had no ambition greater than someday becoming the Captain of his own ship. Between voyages, he was permitted to live in Lord Harris' castle and even occasionally hunt upon his lands.

Life was good for Landon. Until one fateful day he returned home to find a new flag flying over port; He quickly learned that the cunning and wicked neighboring Lord Peaquad had invited Lord Harris and his family to feast, slaughtered them while they were drunk, and seized their lands in the ensuing chaos. Not knowing who Landon truly was, Lord Peaquad offered him the same deal that he did every other sailor who had one of Lord Harris's Otters; Surrender it in exchange for 10 talents of Silver. It was useless without the supply of mana-enriched food that Lord Harris used to provide anyway.

Landon accepted the deal... And then snuck into the castle by night through a secret passage, reclaimed his loyal Otter Chubbs from the kennels, stole enough high-mana food from the cupboard to make it back to the new world, pocketed a few personal affects to remember his brothers and sisters by, and murdered a few guards and Lord Peaquad's pregnant wife in an act of petty revenge before slipping away undetected. He then used his new silver to buy a mundane horse from the local stables, and rode down the coast with little rest for over a week, until he was sure he was far enough from Lord Peaquad's reach to board a ship bound for the new world with Chubbs.

Landon intends to make his living as a hunter. At least for a bit. Perhaps he will parlay his wealth and power into a ship of his own, or perhaps he will build a loyal following and return home to claim his father's land and further avenge the death of his family. Or perhaps he will become fat and content in the new world, claim his own hunting grounds, and found his own noble house. Landon is not quite sure. Long term planning has never been his thing.

Appearance: Landon possesses wild red hair, pale skin, and short but powerful frame. He wears a mix of his old Harrisfleet Trading Company uniform and hide armor. He often reeks of rum, and the only well-kept part of his appearance is crimson goatee.

Hey. I was thinking. Could I add an instrument to my inventory? It would just be a fluff item for now, to help the sailor with his sea shanties, but I think I'd like to build Landon into a more bard-like character as he grows; Commanding his beast from a safer distance through music, and perhaps weaving some support magic through song.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2022, 06:34:19 pm »

We should all have instruments, so we can jam between hunts.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2022, 06:37:08 pm »

Name: Duncan Mann
Class: Stalker
Stats: Attack 15 Defense 13 Armor 5 (5) Fate 6 (6) Speed 3
Feats:
   Snipe: Stalkers may make a called shot to any part of the Monster's body for a penalty depending on the size of the part (such as -3 for a giant Monster's eye). If successful, the monster will receive penalties depending on what was targeted including but not limited to bypassing some Armor, giving penalties to Attack, giving penalties to Defense, or extra damage. This may be included with use of any other Feat.
   Special Ammunition: Spend 1 Fate point. Your next attack uses special ammunition such as an exploding round, a poisoned round, or an armor piercing round. What form these will take depends on what weapon you are wielding. Your next attack receives a Fate dice in addition to an extra effect (such as added damage or poisoned effect)
   Weapon Mastery: Javelin-based
Equipment: Leather amentum (javelin-thrower) (8 Damage), Low Quality Camouflage (1)
Backstory: I really like skewering things with javelins, and you'd be surprised how mad you can make people doing that back home. Owing to family privilege I escaped prosecution for a verrrry minor case of homicide which developed out of a run of the mill love rivalry, but it was politely suggested that I find a new hobby somewhere far away.
Appearance: Very young-looking, thin, wiry, and freckled, with light brown hair. Average height, but long-limbed. His conventional attractiveness is somewhat marred by his childish tendencies, and by a missing tooth from falling off a horse once.

Lemme know what you think about the weapon mastery.

Weapon Mastery: Javelin
It is a well established fact that it is difficult to move with a javelin sticking out of your body. This applies to giant monsters just as much as it applies to smaller creatures like humans, as having a pole stuck in you reduces your movements more than other types of ranged weaponry. Every successful hit reduces the target's Defense by 1 until the Javelin is removed in some way.

Something like that?

Hey. I was thinking. Could I add an instrument to my inventory? It would just be a fluff item for now, to help the sailor with his sea shanties, but I think I'd like to build Landon into a more bard-like character as he grows; Commanding his beast from a safer distance through music, and perhaps weaving some support magic through song.

Sure, go for it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2022, 06:42:04 pm »

Weapon Mastery: Javelin
It is a well established fact that it is difficult to move with a javelin sticking out of your body. This applies to giant monsters just as much as it applies to smaller creatures like humans, as having a pole stuck in you reduces your movements more than other types of ranged weaponry. Every successful hit reduces the target's Defense by 1 until the Javelin is removed in some way.

Something like that?
That seems reasonable, sure. Makes for a good support power.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2022, 06:51:38 pm »

Updated my sheet with GM recommendations.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2022, 06:51:57 pm »

Weirdsound with his armor-breaking beast, me with my attack disabling, Nakeen with taunts to redirect focus, Supernerd with grappling capabilities, and Maximum to lock down movement.

We've built a CC-focused team with minimal communication.

Godspeed to any monster that can't shrug off debuffs.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2022, 08:11:48 pm »

because you said that, there will probably be zero monsters in that category.  never give the GM ideas
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2022, 12:27:03 pm »

IC is up, game start!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2022, 07:38:43 pm »

Everyone done conversing and/or anti socially avoiding conversing?

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2022, 07:41:26 pm »

Aye.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4