Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: My Forum Platoon (H&H x Picture Wars) - OOC Thread  (Read 5524 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: My Forum Platoon (H&H x Picture Wars) - OOC Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2022, 08:45:54 am »

I don't see how it's a problem that needs fixing, as it would be entirely self-inflicted if someone blanks out one of their future turns. It'd be added complexity to solve a problem that doesn't exist, surely?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2022, 09:11:24 am »

It's already a pretty spammy game, so thinking to mitigate it systematically by 1 extra turn per day, for all players, well it's significant. It's not interesting to play or watch an empty turn.

Edit: They will still come up if a beacon is destroyed, but it won't be happening basically every single day like is permitted, now.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 09:19:43 am by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2022, 09:19:22 am »

It strikes me as an unusual objection, when the beacon mechanic which the game now rests around is built around first leaving an engineer idle for a turn, and then not playing for an entire turn. Neither of which is particularly interesting to watch or play.

Honestly though, I don't think the rule will affect me one on way or the other, so if you're set on it, go ahead.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2022, 11:08:33 am »

Another tip, let things play out before you decide to add fixes prematurely. You’re just going to keep slapping layers of duct tape over a leaky hole and that’s eventually going to give anyways. Let your games actually play out before feeding a desire to adjust goalposts (or the playing field itself).

Sure you’ve decided to relabel your game as a playtest, but that doesn’t mean what you’ve been doing up until now (changing rules every other day) is suddenly acceptable or going to work. You need to actually give things time to play out and provide practical knowledge, not assume fixes will be needed and tossing them out there half-cocked.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2022, 11:39:33 am »

It strikes me as an unusual objection, when the beacon mechanic which the game now rests around is built around first leaving an engineer idle for a turn, and then not playing for an entire turn. Neither of which is particularly interesting to watch or play.

Honestly though, I don't think the rule will affect me one on way or the other, so if you're set on it, go ahead.

I am not dead set on it, (hence, a proposal) but I can wait for you to see if my reasoning resonates with you after some more gameplay. I would just add it to the next session though.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2022, 09:55:38 pm »

I cancel my proposal. It isn't necessary.

If someone wants to leave themselves open to empty turns, then that's punishment enough.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2022, 02:33:01 am »

I wonder if I'm screwing myself over by not building one of those beacon things.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2022, 02:55:14 am »

You can put one down, and think about opening it next time, or later.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2022, 03:09:10 am »

I wonder if I'm screwing myself over by not building one of those beacon things.
Yes. Yes you are.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2022, 10:30:53 pm »

Stop changing the game every three hours.

There, am I allowed to state that in here without risking getting a message forbidding me from posting places on an open forum? Seemed a little crass to say it somewhere without full context, but if that’s what you prefer!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2022, 10:43:08 pm »

Actually, I'm asking you to not comment on any of my games you are not participating in, IC or OOC.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2022, 11:23:19 pm »

You know you can set me to ignore, right?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2022, 01:46:44 am »

What's with the sudden hostility RoseHeart?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2022, 05:25:16 am »

Oh it’s not sudden at all, he just doesn’t make it public. Dude has taken every single bit of advice I’ve given him as some sort of incredibly outrageous assault on his personal being. Now, what I expect him to do is defend himself by taking the worst I said in private messages and posting it without context.

Of course now that I’ve called out what his most likely course of action is, he may very well decide it’s the most mature thing to post the whole private argument in public (again) just to (try to) prove me wrong. Thing is, once again, if he does that people are going to see he was getting legitimate advice until he responded like a clown. Yeah I went off on him after that, but even through the furious internet anger of a man who had nothing better to do at the time, there was still legitimate advice being given.

He has an incredibly thin skin that doesn’t seem to let him accept or admit critique could be valid without needing to pull eight or nine teeth first. Even his switch to making his game a playtest is just a way of modifying the goalposts so that he doesn’t need to admit he was doing anything wrong or unhealthy for the game.

It’s all a shame, because as much as he doesn’t want me to, I enjoy watching these games when they make sense.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 06:05:28 am by Man of Paper »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2022, 06:10:31 am »

What's with the sudden hostility RoseHeart?
Most of the posts in the OCC are Paper and I discussing my personal shortcomings (accurate or otherwise) rather than Platoon, which I feel any connection to has been mostly manufactured or exaggerated. It's not helping the game, and my request is not a hot tempered one, but one made after years of such back and forth that tries to solicit an emotional response from me and distract from me focusing on a given game being run.

I have sought advice on how best to deal with this constant problem, and this is what I was advised to say, and I am moving on now.

If he wants to pm me, or actually play the games, he is still welcome to do so, but otherwise he in not this game, and he has zero reason to be harassing me about any changes I'm making to how the game works or how often it updates.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11