Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: My Forum Platoon (H&H x Picture Wars) - OOC Thread  (Read 5544 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: My Forum Platoon (H&H x Picture Wars) - OOC Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2022, 07:44:07 pm »

I know, I'm sharing more than is appropriate. I would like to live in a world where people can talk about their pain.

These games where I participate lower my guard, I'm usually exclusively up in the GM tower.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 07:47:12 pm by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2022, 10:48:48 pm »

One of your players telling me they’re glad I said something says you might need to improve that communication a bit.

eh, I don't play those games.

Judging by log ins, you're accusing NQT.

Whether that's true or not, NQT joined the series during Quarque's session. The players actually familiar with how I run things continue to play normally. (aswell as NQT)

I don't know man, I'm sorry you don't like how I run a game you don't play.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2022, 10:52:59 pm »

Keep on assuming, my dude. Whoever it was can speak up for themselves if they feel like the point needs to be pushed further.

If your response to "better communication" is "investigate my players to try to figure out who slandered me" then you might be taking things the wrong way again.

And, again, just keep ignoring the fact that I enjoy watching the games and want to see them continue healthily. That's fine too.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2022, 11:30:59 pm »

They are pretty fun to watch.

Edit: Tell me one thing you like about them. The My Forum Platoon Series.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 01:18:59 am by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2022, 02:35:01 am »

investigate my players
Please, this is as common knowledge and relevant to the game, as it would be to mafia.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2022, 04:51:22 am »

Missing a turn at this stage of the game isn't that big a deal, so there's no need to dread the turn timer.
I'm a builder, never could exist properly in the world of schedules, hard dates, etc.
I to suck as schedules, I also don't know what time or day it is most of the time.

But what does being a builder have to do with it?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2022, 05:10:37 am »

Most of my childhood was playing alone in my room with legos, adding one to the next, building. No schedules. H&H, My Forum Battalion, My Forum Platoon, and My Forum Platoon III (Cheetah Mode), are all like that. Sometimes points rise, sometimes they fall, but it is building one after the other, with no worries.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2022, 06:10:51 am »

If I were you I’d take this more as an opinion on the direction things are going and not an outright compliment. You’re doing a lot that complicates the game and works directly against what nqt thinks is neat. It’s doubly something I’d be more cautious about in your shoes since the constant changing of rules and mechanics multiple times a turn works to severely complicate things. See a game through to its conclusion and make an adjustment or two if absolutely necessary. Keep a log of deeper changes you want to make and don’t just fire them out there on a whim. I’m just an observer and even I’m starting to lose track of things, and it feels like you’re starting to miss the forest for the trees.

See a game through to its conclusion and make an adjustment or two if absolutely necessary.
That's not my style. And it is a style choice. I have also been complimented how I introduce mechanics when players are ready for them.

But I did host two games of this, and Quarque hosted one. My parade of changes was just to line things up with what I was attempting for this one. Some of why it wasn't there at the start was a mix of epiphany, and feedback from observing the massive (series) changes in action. No, I don't want to hobble along to the finish line "only making 1 or 2 changes" if I see how I can course correct.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2022, 07:02:24 am »

Just gonna clarify that art is style, rules are mechanics.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2022, 01:05:50 pm »

Thanks for sharing your advice Man of Paper. Take care.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2022, 02:50:17 pm »

I’m not going anywhere? XD

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2022, 05:58:58 pm »

They are pretty fun to watch.

Edit: Tell me one thing you like about them. The My Forum Platoon Series.
Still curious.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2022, 06:14:43 pm »

You do realize that your posting “style” is nonsensical and almost seemingly intentionally done so people miss things you say, right? If someone sees a new post in a thread and there is indeed a new post, and a double post  followed by a brief interaction with another person nonetheless, that they’re not going to assume they need to read further back for edits, right?

Either way it should be enough for you to know I enjoy observing them. I’ve seen how you take comments and compliments out of context, I won’t fuel another one of your complexes.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2022, 06:27:02 pm »

You're welcome to run the next installment, if you think you can do it better than me.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2022, 06:45:07 pm »

Why bother? Quarque seems good enough. Also remember that you don’t have a monopoly on a game type. There aren’t “installments” you alone can dole out to other people. I actually wanted to say something about that when you pounced on quarque for even daring to say something about running the next game.

Every person on this forum has the right to make a Forum Platoon game, or any other game, as they see fit. We’re an open community, it’s how things work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11