Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: My Forum Platoon (H&H x Picture Wars) - OOC Thread  (Read 5515 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: My Forum Platoon (H&H x Picture Wars) - OOC Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2022, 10:54:51 pm »

Why bother? Quarque seems good enough. Also remember that you don’t have a monopoly on a game type. There aren’t “installments” you alone can dole out to other people. I actually wanted to say something about that when you pounced on quarque for even daring to say something about running the next game.

Every person on this forum has the right to make a Forum Platoon game, or any other game, as they see fit. We’re an open community, it’s how things work.

Why didn't you lead with that if that's what was bothering you?

Quarque's game was presented as a direct sequel to my game, as part of the series and done as a personal favor. While you may disagree with it, it wasn't outside of reason to assume they'd respect my wishes.

It would be a little odd of someone labeled their game as an official sequel to someone else's game. Or use their artwork without their consent.

I don't like how I handled that one, either. But I was upset, and I'm not sure if a PM conversation about it would have been timely enough.

I'm grateful Quarque hosted it and respected my wishes.

I do recognize I am lucky Quarque continues to support me, despite my at times brash and impatient behavior, which I never want to take for granted.

Me hosting the 3rd one was the easiest way for me to re-emphasis what I thought was important in mine, and great about theirs.

If I could do it over, I'd still want to host 3. I didn't let them know in advance because I didn't consider they'd assume to.

But I would next time.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 11:38:15 pm by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2022, 11:16:19 pm »

Huh? You think everything I've said is based around that one circumstance? I brought up, voiced my opinion on, and moved onward from that specific topic all in one post. You're intentionally missing all the points again. 2/10 trolling, you can do better.

For someone who wants to be given their space you sure do seem to like to keep circling back around to the topics and person you requested space from. For all the "I have a victim complex so what, don't antagonize me", you sure do like to make rings to toss your hat into. Protip: it's not antagonizing when you're the one walking into a room shouting "look at me, I'm the boss, and my autism and traumas require everybody else to accommodate me" and having someone go "no and you seriously need to disconnect and talk to a professional". That's just you wanting conflict and getting told off (and admittedly getting some of that conflict you clearly desire).

Also, if you don't like how you acted in a situation and reflected on it enough to know you didn't like it, maybe you should adjust that behavior instead of heavily implying you're still the one that give permission to run platoon games, yeah? It's not easy, changing behaviors, but the biggest step is identifying the issue. Congrats, you managed that "beginner advice". Now you can take steps to improve yourself!

tl;dr - you're misrepresenting everything being said again, but you seriously need to work out your issues offline, and you are definitely not helping yourself by trying to get the last word in on arguments you haven't even fully formulated or comprehended.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2022, 12:38:14 am »

Iīm afraid the new rules lead to an unbreakable stalemate.

The problem is that spawning points canīt be disabled, so you canīt eliminate the other players or gain a decisive advantage over them. If someone manages to capture a majority of the armories, they will not be able to defend them all against three opponents and capture more of them at the same time.

Allowing everyone to spawn all unit types directly is not helping, in my opinion. I understand the reasoning, but the lack of unit variety in the second game was caused by a flaw in the level design, the rules themselves were sound. Upgrading units worked well in the first game, it provided a way to gain a long term advantage and break or prevent stalemates.

Since I don't see a way to win, I'm conceding.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2022, 12:44:00 am »

heavily implying you're still the one that give permission to run platoon games

Yes, I do imply that. People can make their own spinoff Platoon games, I've always invited using my past games to practice or improve upon skills, such a statement exists on my portfolio of games:

Hosts have my blessing to rehost/remix my games to learn, improve, and explore! (It would be my honor to have helped pave the road to the wondrous places you may take us.)

However I do assume the right to make core numbered games in the series, which I think is fair.

As far as all the victim complex and autism stuff, I think that's veered off far enough from Platoon games.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2022, 12:45:59 am »

Iīm afraid the new rules lead to an unbreakable stalemate.

The problem is that spawning points canīt be disabled, so you canīt eliminate the other players or gain a decisive advantage over them. If someone manages to capture a majority of the armories, they will not be able to defend them all against three opponents and capture more of them at the same time.

Allowing everyone to spawn all unit types directly is not helping, in my opinion. I understand the reasoning, but the lack of unit variety in the second game was caused by a flaw in the level design, the rules themselves were sound. Upgrading units worked well in the first game, it provided a way to gain a long term advantage and break or prevent stalemates.

Since I don't see a way to win, I'm conceding.

Alright, thank you for giving it a shot.

I feel the snowball effect of the beacons would make up for that.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2022, 01:30:25 am »

Since people are talking about the rules of the game I'd just like to say that the constant changing of the rules makes it hard to play do to some of the rules I read at the beginning no longer being valid, meaning I have to periodically reread the rules.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2022, 01:56:44 am »

Since people are talking about the rules of the game I'd just like to say that the constant changing of the rules makes it hard to play do to some of the rules I read at the beginning no longer being valid, meaning I have to periodically reread the rules.

The only changes I make to the rules (other than ones that don't effect the current game) are all listed in the Patch Notes.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2022, 02:13:06 am »

In regard's to Q's concerns, check out My Forum Battalion. In this game a1s used the factories, that had a 48 hour time delay, to produce enough Tanks to defeat the remaining two players, Zultan and myself.

The delayed Beacons produce an even greater snowball effect, as all existing units benefit.

If not, we can adjust, which will be more committee-based, now that I got the basics down.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 02:54:59 am by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2022, 03:38:03 am »

Do beacons block movement? This is something I wondered about the armories in the previous game.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2022, 04:29:50 am »

They do, otherwise you'd have to replace them. I try to avoid information loss, you'd have to refer to a previous panel to know it existed.

(I'll make a note of it)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2022, 06:47:02 am »

@ Quarque, what did you think of the (Cheetah/Hippo) Pacing System? (Pre-Extra Turns update, as that's untested)

Did the Cheetah component get in the way at all?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2022, 07:17:48 am »

I think the cheetah / hippo system is a bit complicated, without completely solving the problem. I'd recommend making the next game simply turn-based, it's the most fair solution. Maybe with a timer.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2022, 08:09:49 am »

Thank you for your feedback, honestly it's basically still daily turns.

I still wanna see where it goes.

I really prefer to keep timers as cooldowns and delay before a reward, not ticking down to a punishment.

I put a lot of thought into the Extra Turns System, for players of different activity levels to keep pace, so I look forward to it getting a chance to shine.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 08:26:40 am by RoseHeart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2022, 05:42:04 pm »

I think the upgrades Engineer got (2 move) and downgrade Soldier got (marching removed) really made it so there really isn't a significant "upgrade" at all. Also, Firebats were OP in MFPI because of burning through teleporters, which was clever as a player, but it was very niche to that map.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2022, 01:20:03 am »

I prefer the daily turns, rather than turn based because we don't have to wait for people if they don't post.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11