Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: FEF: Seven Wishes of Hanako Saihara IC Thread: Ch 1: The Speechless Singer  (Read 14659 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Seven Wishes of Hanako Saihara IC Thread: Ch 1: The Speechless Singer
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2023, 03:07:41 am »

Kousei half-heartedly raises his chopsticks in agreement.

Terasawa-senpai? I don't recall him being any good at jubeat, but he and Takeba-senpai are dating now. The festival's at the end of summer, in a few weeks.
"Hehe, good on them. And yeah, that works out, I'll definitely experience it again."
"So I guess Iwatodai has remained busy in my absence. I'll do my best to add the town as it is now to my list of cherished memories while I'm here."
She points her chopsticks in Kousei's direction for a second.
"Hopefully I can add hearing your voice to that list."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2023, 04:52:21 am »

Library
Natsuo pauses, his expression visibly more pained.

He sighs.
"....I am not sure that wound ever closed, Date-senpai. Saihara-senpai was the one who supported his singing ambitions. When she....passed, Kousei gave up on them almost entirely."

Eatery
Hopefully. I just don't want Yelena or the others to worry.
Kousei sighs.
So, what did you guys want to talk to me about?

Satoshi glances over at Kogen. Kogen can almost sense Hanako's eyes on her, too.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2023, 08:57:38 am »

Akasaka Residence
"Uh, well, he uh....suddenly just stopped being able to talk when he was over at mine tutoring me in maths. He just stopped making sound mid-sentence. Is he okay?"

Sounded like Yelena didn't really know what was going on with Kousei either so pressing further was probably going to be fruitless.

"Uh-huh!", Yayoi nodded. "He sounded fine. Just a little, um, tongue-tied. By the way,", she added, drawing attention to her smock. "Have you been, um, working on something?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2023, 01:13:48 pm »

Minato sighed.

"I thought as such," he said, as his shoulders slumped, "I mostly asked as I was hoping there could be something simple we could do to try to fix this, like recovering an old picture of him and Hanako that he had lost, or some other physical object. It seems like the only way to fix this is dealing with the emotional trauma and that... isn't something I'm sure any of us can do any time soon."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2023, 06:13:26 pm »

Library
Natsuo shakes his head.
"You underestimate Kousei. He is a lot stronger than you think. He has been talking about getting back into music recently with me and Yelena, but something is still keeping him back. Almost as if he is waiting for something to happen."

Natsuo taps the desk with his fingers in thought.
"If you managed to figure out how to let him know it would be okay for him, in some way, to move on, I think that is the only nudge he needs. If Saihara-senpai were still around, she might have given him that strength, but.... Honestly, you and Akamatsu-senpai checking up on him is probably the push he has been waiting for."

Akasaka Residence
"Um...I don't wanna talk about it. It's....not going too well."

The mismatched colors on her smock tell you as much. Before you can press her, Yelena changes the subject back.

"Tongue-tied? Natsuo said it might be one of those Abnormality things. Is it true?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2023, 08:24:48 pm »

"You sure? Tch."

Takeo wasn't going to lie to the kid. He was in no position to tell anyone else to move on when he couldn't, either.

"Minato's smart. I'm sure he'll figure out a way."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's what Kousei said himself." (Well, she'd inferred it from context clues right before she ended up hiding from Ms. Denpa Enthusiast.) "You're sure there was nothing bothering him before he lost his voice?"

Ran respected Yayoi's choice to back off with the questions, really, but she at least wanted a little more information to go back with.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Library
"And you, Date-senpai?"

Akasaka Residence
"Well, I wouldn't say nothing. He's....well, you know Kousei. He's...he wanted to sing at the Budokan before his sister died, and, he's put all of those dreams on hold. I feel like something's still in his way."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

"I wish I had the faith in myself that you have in me, Takeo.", Minato replied, "I can't say I have any ideas of what to do to help, besides what I've already been doing, but I can promise that I won't give up until Kousei can sing again."

"With that said, I think I'll text the others, especially Satoshi, with what we've learned." he added, "Anything you think we'd be remiss not to include, Honma?"
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"May have acted a fool but I always knew you had a big brain in there. Had to, to think of half the things you came up with. Just... didn't expect you needing a gold star by your name to realize it."

Takeo shrugged. He didn't mean any offense with what he said, but he didn't know how else to say it.

"Always been more of a 'doer' myself. If we could fix Kousei by repairing or building something I'd be first pick. Ain't the case here though, so let's figure out what kinda push he needs and how to give it to 'em."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Library
"...I think that reminding him that Saihara-senpai would not have wanted him to stay out of music on her account would be best. I just wish I knew how you could do that. I would also note that Yelena and I found a letter addressed to him with the Mishima logo last week when we were at the Saihara house. She'd know more than me - she read it - but I think he needs that push and whatever is going on with him is risking taking him away."

Of course, you might find it easier than Natsuo, given that you know where the girl herself is.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Letter sounds important. Think maybe we ought to go find it and take a look ourselves, but we should at least tell Ran and Yayoi to ask Yelena about it. See if they can get any answers."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Minato sent a few texts to the group chat.
"Hey, we have some info from Honma. He says that the loss of voice is probably tied to Kousei's trauma over Hanako's death, and that the only way to get his voice back is to help him get over it, easier said than done."
"He also said that he and Akasaka found a letter with the Mishima logo at the house the other day that might be important. Yayoi, Ran, can you ask her about it? Thank you."

"Ok, just let everyone know what we know." he told the group, "Anything else for us to do besides heading back? Do you need any help with the research, Honma, or anything else?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The Budokan..." Just then, her phone vibrated in her bag; she fished it out in a quick, casual motion, glancing at it to decide whether to ignore the interruption. "Oh. Give me a second."

Ran frowned, reading over Minato's message, then sent back an appropriately lengthy reply.

Quote from: Ran
k

"The others helping Kousei, they said you found a letter at his house, something from Mishima? Seems like it might be important."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Library
You note that Natsuo is looking between you and the computer screen, as if hoping you hadn't seen what he was looking at before you arrived.
"No, not at all. Give me your numbers, and I will text you if I know of anything else. I will say this. His sister was a driving force for his musical ambition. Maybe a reminder of her and what she would want for him could help."

Akasaka Residence
"Ah! Well, he had it out on his desk, so I stole a little peak. Uh...it seems like he auditioned for their entertainment agency? I read it and....they said they'd be willing to take him on. I didn't want to say anything, in case Kousei wanted to surprise us....do you think it might have something to do with what's up?"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12