Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [RPG] Ashes of the Network Redux (ASCII+AI art) [4/4]  (Read 1684 times)

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] Ashes of the Network Redux (ASCII+AI art) [4/4]
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 12:53:27 am »

Spoiler: Kern303 (click to show/hide)
"Well it's quite a varied group we've found ourselves within it seems. I'm Kern, here as the first Exploratory Expedition from Archive File B#376. Who are you all?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2022, 01:48:27 am »

Caramella curtsies.

"Princess Caramella de Coneshield de Cherryturn de Maplemark von f_12_compose, at your service. I seek a noble quest to prove myself and further the glory of my house.

I can also cook!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2022, 08:10:19 am »

An incredulous look falls across the relatively grotesque figure's features toward the three that encircle it. The jumble of text and the well-mannered one are social, welcoming even, traits that the trollish one did not share. Its eyes take in the largity of the Duchy's entry chamber, and perhaps the gravitas it commands.

For a moment, the thing considers how it had come together with these others. . . Perhaps it was on the Network-surfing journey here, or perhaps they'd simply materialized beside one another in this place, it didn't matter. "Let us be strange to one another." It hacks in general reply, despite the nagging feeling of import it bore towards the other three souls, it could not help the wariness programmed within it. The creature lumbers on its lengthy arms forward just a bit, attempting to sus out what had drawn it here in the first place.

Spoiler: surVIVE#aE0067 (click to show/hide)
I've lost control of my life.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2022, 10:33:13 am »

"Nah. Best we get to know each other. At least well enough to investigate the phenomenon drawing us together. As a personal rule, I always attribute the unexplained to demonic activity until proven otherwise. I am Sir Vance, hunter of Demons and guardian of the innocent."

The armored knight offers a low bow.

(Sorry. I'm stuck posting from my phone for the next few days. My posts will be short and basic till I get back to my PC. )

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2022, 04:34:00 pm »

Spoiler: Kernx303 (click to show/hide)

"Well this simply won't do, there far too much to be learned to sit idle. Perhaps there's something to be done elsewhere?"
Begin shambling my way south towards the commercial district. There's sure to be something interesting to copy or view, and what the shopkeepers don't know can't hurt them.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2022, 11:50:24 pm »

Updating tomorrow, busy today. I'll try to keep up with a bi-daily schedule in the future.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2022, 01:22:24 am »

Quick question to everyone before I update: does the rest of the party follow Kernx? After some experiences elsewhere I'm wary of cutscening the PCs' actions.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2022, 01:23:29 am »

Quick question to everyone before I update: does the rest of the party follow Kernx? After some experiences elsewhere I'm wary of cutscening the PCs' actions.

Yup.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2022, 10:31:58 am »

Guys I have to say this but there will have to be a delay of another day due to a family emergency, I'm sorry. Not in my control.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2022, 04:47:16 pm »

Quite alright. Hope you're doing okay.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2022, 11:41:12 pm »

Quite alright. Hope you're doing okay.
I am. That's done with, now I will do updates every day or two. They might be short but I will do them often. Let's get this finally started!

The group follows Kernx into the commercial district. It is a long, thin corridor, composed of the same blue, checkered pseudomatter as the meeting hall. Lots of forcefield doors, some locked, lead to the many little shops, with signs written in Basic posted on the walls next to them. Everything is softly shimmering due to the energetic presence of the industrial district behind the door at the end of the long hallway.
The shops present and currently open:
- 1 utility module shop
- 2 Mana depots, one refined and one plain
- 1 destructive module shop
- 1 module repair service
- 1 bargain used module shop

How all the "doors" look like (the forcefield-door gets wider when approached):

Where do you go?

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2022, 11:51:50 pm »

Spoiler: Kernx303 (click to show/hide)

"Oh, Destructive Modules? I didn't get to see much of those in the archives, due to it, well, being a library for most of the labyrinth. I'd like to stop in there for a moment, if you all don't mind."
If the others agree, stop into the Destructive Modules store.

Would I know what the difference between Normal and Refined mana is?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2022, 12:33:09 am »

"I don't mind at all. I'm going to check out the Repair and Used Module shops. In my experience, souls who deal in the modules of others often have a good understanding of the local threats and opportunities. I've picked up on actual demonic activity to thwart several times through tips given by junk dealers and repairmen."

Vance will check out the junk and repair shops. He is more interested in sniffing out leads for his next adventure than he is in actually purchasing goods or services, but he will at least humor the used module dealer by checking out their inventory.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2022, 07:34:12 pm »

(( Sorry about the while wait on me, this week has been maddening. I shall have something posted tomorrow!))
I've lost control of my life.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2022, 11:33:26 am »

"Oh, how wise. I wouldn't have thought to inquire of such beings."

Caramella follow's Vance's lead, also more interested in leads than gear.

She's flat broke and so doesn't bother humoring them, though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3