Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode: Playable descendants  (Read 680 times)

Deno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure mode: Playable descendants
« on: October 09, 2022, 08:35:56 am »

Assuming that future versions of the game will allow you to have children in adventure mode, I would like to make a suggestion for making descendants of adventurers playable. Using the same system with which you select retired adventurers perhaps? This would give the player a lot of interesting options for adventure mode. For example, if you play a king in adventure mode and continue with his oldest child and heir when he dies. Or, with the myths and magic update, you cold follow a powerful bloodline of wizards. There are many things that could be done by making the descendants of your characters playable and it would make adventure mode more meaningful by allowing multigenerational stories to emerge.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode: Playable descendants
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 08:40:55 am »

+1. It would be cool in general if at some point you could hand-pick your favourite NPCs out of Legends and play them in adventure mode, not just as a descendants thing (though that's also awesome).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 07:25:44 am »

Would love it to be possible in vanilla, but I have seen people doing something like that using dfhack's posses creature command.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 08:14:33 pm »

Oh, yeah, there's unretire-anyone, bodyswap, and linger
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.