Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 71063 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #1035 on: May 28, 2024, 12:31:19 pm »

Well, the dude's liberal by the church's standards, that doesn't mean he's liberal by greater societal standards.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 13, 2024, 10:15:01 pm »

He’s been generally alright about not hating against homosexuals in his time as pope, and evidently I like him enough to point out his first language isn’t Italian, but even so, you’d hope he’d learn how to refer to homosexuals in a less disgusting manner.
hegemonic patriarch of greater christendom moment
Black lives matter.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 15, 2024, 05:49:17 pm »

i hear the pope went and did it again? sir, a second slur has hit the vatican?

Anywho, in a new personal queer development, I'm cautiously eyeballing the agender label with some accompanying he/it pronouns. Dunno if it'll stick, or if 'it' will stick, but it feels like the endpoint to my gender ambivalence. 'Cisgenderqueer' is like the easy out I've taken so far, 'genderfluid' doesn't really catch it since it's not shifting, it's pulling towards 'null,' 'nonbinary' in my brain implies axes that i'm not molding myself towards (maybe my understanding of nonbinary is incorrect, but that's my feeling about it). I got very intentionally singular 'they'd at a coffee shop a couple weeks back, and while I appreciate the inclusive forethought, I didn't like that for myself at all. But that could just be me finding another hurdle in deprogramming from my conservative upbringing. Or perhaps I'm terminally online, or trying too hard to associate with the community. It's messy.

Maybe I'm taking the lazy way out here, I dunno- I like my body, I like my shape, I'm pleasantly small, lithe, and androgynous. There's nothing to replace. I'm not out to be femme, I have no fealty to typical modes of masculinity, I just want to wear too many copper baubles, have big hair, wear tank tops, and get on with my day. I don't need to change much of anything to wear the label, and it's easy enough to be my sex if I want to keep it simple for other people. In that last respect, maybe cisgenderqueer IS more appropriate, but who knows. I understand gender is performative, but I don't really want to play the game, and I don't know how we define ambivalence as an identity.

I'm also still unpacking a bit of the damage from my last relationship and helping a friend process the devastating end to his twelve-year relationship, so perhaps i'm not in the best place to be nosing about this stuff, but it IS pride month, and if there was ever a time to reflect on why I'm so visibly queer, this'd be it.

Oh, speaking of 'typical modes of masculinity,' I read the book 'The Flowering Wand: Rewilding the Sacred Masculine' by Sophie Strand; it gives a refreshing re-evaluation of modes of masculinity that we may have known and lost in our culture and mythology; notions wiped out by the One Sun God and accompanying imperialism that replaced it with strength and conquest. It looks like a fluffy read at face value, but it neatly questions How Things Are and How Things Were and softly redefines how a man could be without empire or industry or his capacity to grease the gears of each with his blood.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 15, 2024, 09:34:11 pm »

Have you considered an apprenticeship as a queerudite? Life as a chalcocise?  As long as you stay authentit.
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 18, 2024, 05:45:01 pm »

AAAAARGH!

Seems a tossup between here and the sadthread.

So, I have an up-and-coming summer job. No idea on their views of transition or anything, so since I'm not passing I've decided to go under my old name.

First cockup: Didn't switch out my name on my CV. Don't even know why my CV had my new name on it, I've not applied under it. I replied saying that it was a mistake I overlooked when I was editing it.

Second cockup: I replied with my new email address rather than the old one. Thankfully that's not got my full name attached but it'll still be suspicious seeing my new name's initial. I hope they overlook that, and I sent an email saying I accidentally applied with my backup email and to make a reply to my old one.

Foot, meet mouth. I'm presently hoping they've twigged and they're cool with it, worst case is they've twigged and I'm out to a bigot. Which isn't a nonexistent possibility, this part of the country's hardly a bastion of progressivism.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 19, 2024, 10:59:54 am »

Yeah, it's pretty hard how many transgender people have to live double lives. Did it; doing it; and now with the latest rash of "don't say gay" laws....  (Florida, North Carolina... there will likely be more.... It is just depressing to think about so yeah...). It's kind of a nightmare and one of the many reasons you have to be insanely careful. There are people who will dig up anything to use against you for ... I have no idea why ... but they do.
https://apnews.com/article/transgender-girl-sports-florida-be36fe49a6a4457630107aa56c34dc1e
I don't know. From our perspective. At least Biden is trying to help but keeps getting blocked every step with trans protections:
https://apnews.com/article/title-ix-education-department-9f7b89ec50657436e0e8110799b576d4
May or may not like him, but I'm trying to find a bright(ish) side that some are attempting to help, whereas in the past they just didn't.

You may want to have your "name" ("deadname on one and "new name" on the other) on the file you save your documents on "CV XYZ name," verses "CV ABC name." Also place in different folders. Avoids mix ups.... I know it is exhausting. Keeping track of a double life takes a lot of time and carefulness, because it can be used against you for whatever reason someone thinks up without justification, or a reason for them to feel wronged (they may invent one). Just be careful.

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 20, 2024, 03:16:00 pm »

Huh, didn't know I needed that. Feel a bit better for that, guess it's just a feeling that someone else who's dealt with this crap understands it.

Cheers.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 21, 2024, 02:36:11 am »

For what it's worth, if a company *is* trans friendly, they'll often be pretty understanding about names and stuff.

The company I work for right now I applied using a name that I only really was using for like a month or two while I was figuring things out, and changed things in their system immediately when I started actually working there. (Then a year later I had it changed legally and it's all matching)

In my own happy news, I got my bottom surgery done just over a week ago and I'm feeling great.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 21, 2024, 06:00:50 am »

Yeah no, this was a small local pub. One of two in the "chain", both on opposite ends of the same village.

Congrats on the surgery, hope recovery's not being too difficult?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 01, 2024, 09:29:24 am »

Quote from: A trans shark it/its
if true biological sex were real then estrogen wouldnt Just Work but it does
A simple but powerful remark in a busy conversation about how some trans girls think 19 is too late to start.  (it's not.  It's genuinely never too late, and I know at least one woman who started in her late 30's and looks *incredible*)

My gender continues to reroll every morning, but only between agender and woman.  I'm only ever a man when I occasionally dream as a trans one, heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 05, 2024, 09:32:34 am »

Can you elaborate on the dream bit?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 05, 2024, 02:33:03 pm »

Can you elaborate on the dream bit?
So, I dream often and vividly.  Growing up I would typically dream as a sexless pretty fey creature.  Upon hitting wrong-puberty I started having increasingly bad body-horror dreams where I was confronted by a creature wearing my face, which for "some reason" was absolutely horrifying.  But sometimes I dreamed of a young woman.  My soul mate, such that I would wake up and cry once I realized she "wasn't real".  One night I woke up knowing her name- Roanne.  I say "her", but after that point, I started dreaming *as* her sometimes.  Sometimes I was a disgusting monster with my real face, sometimes I was a sexless badass, and sometimes I was Roanne.

And the two I wasn't dreaming *as* would often appear as characters, with a degree of variation.

As time passed I stopped dreaming as the monster altogether.  It/he would still appear though.  Usually a creeping presence, darkness or faceless or static or my face.  It was terrifying and a lot of my alcoholism was attempts to avoid it.  But the thing was, it was trying to help me.  If I was putting something off IRL, it would confront me with it... increasingly... until I confronted the problem.  I started trying to appease it, and then work with it.  I even started tolerating its presence, little by little, instead of waking myself up.

Three years ago it pushed me to start transition.  It didn't have to push much.  I was already identifying as non-binary or a woman (same as my dreams), I just needed a push to make an appointment.

Here comes the point:  It's a guy, now.  He doesn't have a face but he has a Victorian coat and hat and sometimes a cane.  He's even starting to speak, sometimes, just a little (it always communicated via feelings, or putting me in situations).  I think he's extra autistic and a very abstract thinker.  And, he's kinda nice.  He cares about me a *lot*... enough to hurt me, in the past, to make me listen.
Here is the first dream I remember just hanging out with him.  Having a nice time.
Oh, I was wrong... here's one just days before I started transition, accepting his help
In this one, later, I'm far too exhausted for advice and I lash out cruelly.  I regret hurting his feelings.

Anyway... occasionally, pretty rarely, I do sometimes dream as him again.  I think I kept those dreams private for obvious reasons, but I'm more secure now.  The one I remember best:
I was a young well-dressed guy driving to the beach through the rural South like I often did.  My car broke down and I had to visit a gas station, where several chuds were hanging out in the breeze.  They laughed at me and treated me like a girl.  But I wasn't a girl.  My breasts were bound and covered and my vagina was none of their fucking business.  One insisted I was a woman and I just had to punch him.  Not out of rage- misgendering is a fact of life- but out of self respect, I guess.  They were fucking with the wrong guy, I was quick and stronger than I looked.  I laid them out and continued on my way with just a couple of satisfying bruises, head held high.

Weird, right?  But when I woke up I didn't feel bad about being a guy for a bit.  It felt like a real part of me.
And it is!
It just doesn't front... hardly ever.  I was mistaken in that previous message, because I was a woman that day and didn't really remember.  But I was a man for one day during Pride 2023, and sometimes he emerges for a bit when I'm really high xD
And he's nothing like the facsimile of guy I performed since puberty.  That was a frustrating lie, this is a valid person.  and I kinda like that he's trans too.

(Other trans women have described dreaming or feeling like their "guy selves" sometimes, but this isn't that.  I have no connection to that masc performance.  When I dream about my childhood, it's as an NB girl, because that's what I was.  But in those dreams I don't have to hide it.)

(I've focused on the guy persona in this post, but I usually dream as NB-me or woman-me and interact with whoever I'm not.  And for the record I'm NB today.  I feel the most... stable, I guess.  I don't have dysphoria like on woman-days.  But woman-days have gender euphoria and more general confidence.  We all have an important job to do.)

(Some of the nightmares guy-me sent are logged in the dream thread, but I don't need to review them.  I've forgiven him.  He was never malicious, just... bad at communicating.  And he did help, a LOT.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 28, 2024, 04:52:55 pm »

Please do not quote me
https://imgur.com/gallery/i-hate-how-everyone-gaslit-me-turns-out-i-was-right-UXLtUwe

This won't stop here.

I fought this fight longer than most. I've gotten told I'm too paranoid because nothing like this could happen, and also death threats in the same year. I can't help but feel what we were doing was starting to work, when we were considered the most out there views of things and trying to "normalize being the opposite sex while making it considered a medical or mental condition (insurance coverage, medical privacy protection, possibly ADA and 1974 rehabilitation act coverage, workplace protections and tons of carefully laid plans to get legal protections, etc., etc. but to many calling it a medical or mental condition is considered offensive...)." Now, things have changed and it is all falling apart. I feel like years, and decades at this point, of work are being destroyed.

Years administratively trying to get insurances to cover it as a supplemental coverage.... blown....
Expert witness reports from multiple physicians, endocrinologists, plastic surgeons, nurses psychologists .... blown....
Years advocating for medical billing and coding changes and important administrative matters ...no one here cares .... blown....

Now we seem to be quickly going back to, "There's only male and female and those can never be changed."   .... [sigh] And somehow, that is the polite version, cause the slurs are back....... Not good.

Please do not quote me
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 28, 2024, 05:37:49 pm »

Sounds like time to emigrate to a less backwater retarded religious scum place. I'm sure there's still better states in the US? If not, over here you have rights and are free to be you.

Also, doctors and nurses not agreeing with this shite, please come to the Netherlands. Our hospitals need more staff.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 05:41:34 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 02, 2024, 01:11:40 pm »

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71