Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Legacy - Battlefield 2  (Read 7317 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy - Battlefield 2
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2022, 11:44:48 pm »

Take one damage and draw a card.

I pick Yuki-onna for the cobra's effect: it will return instantly to play until your Yuki is dead. Note, leaving play to be put back into the hand is not destruction.

Then I flip up:

And I shuffle two Assault Vehicles into my deck. Hopefully I'll draw one before I die...

NQT
Hearts: 2
Stars: 0
Hand: 0
Field: Vengeful Cobra 1/1 (linked to Yuki)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2022, 08:25:08 am »

"I'll sacrifice one of my Numbers to gain 2 stars, then play two Nanite Swarms. I then discard The Hearts III to gain 11 Hearts and then sacrifice my swarms, giving my lamb a total of 12 Hearts! I'll follow it up by giving it Divine Strength!"

"I also gain 2 stars from my swarms secondary effect and take 4 damage."

Hearts: 21
Stars: 4
Hand: ... 4 +2 NQT +3 Tarots =9 cards (1 Grand Canyon)
Glow Tarot: Weeping Moon, Nature's Boon, Shield of Faith
Field: Heralding Lamb 5/12(Regen 2), Facedown Yuki-onna 4/5, 1 Numbers 0/1
Discard: Verdant Growth, Verdant Growth, Nanite Swarm,  Grand Canyon, Heralding Lamb, Heralding Lamb, Heralding Lamb, Wail of the Banshee, Wail of the Banshee, Lamb's Grace, Lamb's Grace. Divine Lambsurection, Divine Lambitual, Wail of the Banshee, Divine Lambiture, Divine Lambiture, Grand Canyon, Nanite Swarm, Lamb's Grace, Verdant Growth, Verdant Growth, Divine Lambsurection, Biodiversity, Nanite Cloud, Verdant Growth, Lamb's Tarot Reader, Numbers of the Lamb, Lamb's Tarot Reader, Numbers of the Lamb, Numbers of the Lamb, Lamb's First Tarot Shop, Numbers of the Lamb, Lamb's Meal, Numbers of the Lamb, Nanite swarm, Nanite Swarm.

(While not really an issue here, I don't think facedowns can be selected as effect targets. Something for later given you have to bypass 21 hearts and a Shield to win.)

[Swarm needs a nerf badly.]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 08:28:17 am by TricMagic »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2022, 08:43:50 am »

(Swarm is bust, yes, but it's you who is seeking out these combinations, so it's going to be whack-a-mole for the whole tournament with card combos.)

I take 1 damage. Not looking so hot. I draw and play:

Cobra kills your token, dies and is reborn. My turn ends. You do whatever horrible thing you're going to do, then I die from poison I think?

NQT
Hearts: 1
Stars: 0
Hand: 0
Field: Vengeful Cobra 1/1 (linked to Yuki)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2022, 08:53:01 am »

"Yes. This is the end. I'll play Lamb's Graverkeeper, who's attack and hearts are equal to the number of cards with hearts in the GY. Then take 3 damage" (I'm pretty much out of cards to play atm.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2022, 09:17:28 am »

My turn begins and poison kills me, game over! TricMagic Wins the Bout

That was actually closer than it might first appear, as if I wasn't poisoned I might have been able to stall you out. Your deck concept was quite clever, but there are certainly counters to it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2022, 09:22:03 am »

Yeah. Thorny Will is a card that would just kill me outright. And if an opponent lasts through the initial burst intact I don't have anything else to beat them. (I had nothing that could get rid of the snake.)

That said, might play around a bit now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2022, 08:30:35 am »

Elephant Parade vs TricMagic

Elephant Parade wins the flip and will go first. Before you commence, you are allowed to make any agreements about alternative hand size or starting stars or hearts.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2022, 08:57:30 am »

To speed things along, would not mind each of us starting with +2 stars. Or a larger hand size.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2022, 10:14:01 am »

Does your deck really need to be sped along?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2022, 10:15:53 am »

(I'll answer with a non-answer, given you killed Grace.) It will at least make the match quicker for both sides, yeah?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2022, 10:24:09 am »

Sorry, I'm going to have to pass on that. You already have a really strong first turn; with more cards or stars, you might get into FTKO range.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2022, 10:25:26 am »

(I'm using a random deck.)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2022, 10:46:01 am »

I'm still going to pass. It benefits the first player too much.

I will, however, propose the following extra rule:

Frozen Eye: Each player may freely view their own draw pile. Ignore effects that tell you to shuffle your deck. If a card tells you to shuffle it into your deck, use a die roller (or similar) to put it into a random position in the deck (including the top or bottom card).

This is mostly a way of officializing how random.org draw piles work. The ban on shuffling is so that you can't shuffle your deck to rescue a good card from the bottom of the pile, which deck-shuffling effects obviously aren't balanced for. (Note: My decklist, which I haven't finished yet, includes a card that shuffles a card into one of our decks (probably yours), so I would benefit from this slightly.)

e: Oh, I'm going first. Well, even so.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 11:04:40 am by Elephant Parade »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2022, 12:12:22 pm »

nah. Reshuffle your deck when grabbing something out of it directly. Not in cases where it's top decking. Likewise if a new card is shuffled into the deck. Placing cards on the bottom(or top) is a balancer effect for a reason.

Got no issue knowing what's coming though given random.org. So long as one isn't using Declare effects. (In that case you'd shuffle whatever cards haven't been placed directly into the deck. Probably by the GM.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2022, 12:16:02 pm »

Elephant Parade rejects Tric's suggestion and Tric rejects Elephant Parade's, so the match begins! EP to start.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17