Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Legacy - Battlefield 1  (Read 5169 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy - Battlefield 1
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2022, 10:42:58 am »

(To be fair, I could have ended it by playing the other Nanite Swarm for another Lambiture, nabbing 4 of them with 5 attack. The main danger of Lambitual is the fact the Horde synergizes with Lambiture so much it becomes overpowering. That card is just busted in discard decks. I Rarified Divine Lambitual cause it's more a Unique card level than a standard card. And to avoid a banhammer on it.)

(Oh, and Lamb's Gravedigger would currently have between 9 and 12 attack and hearts... Not much of a threat until Lambitual and Lambiture does it's thing, at which point it's a 4 star card stat-wise.)

(To Strik, the battleship maids wouldn't have helped. At all.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 10:54:25 am by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2022, 12:43:47 pm »

(While they're certainly strong cards, the fact that you kinda depend on the Horde for synergistic star gen to make these near-instant win combos means that's by far the bigger threat. If their effect only activate when destroyed, rather than discarded, then it would make this whole strategy far less powerful, because you'd have to play them (which you can only do one at a time by default) rather than just holding them)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2022, 12:56:10 pm »

Honestly would just keep the copy ability to fit their name and artwork as the Endless Horde. No Star Gen whatsoever, just an endless mass of bodies. But yeah, going ahead and hitting them someway would be good.

Nanite Cloud isn't too much better though, since it has two possible effects. The search and play, and the heart boost/star gen. Not sure why it has a face-down option for the former, more likely useful for the latter.

Of note, running this deck pure it's only form of star gen is Lamb's Treasure and the Numbers. The former is pretty neat, even if it hasn't been seen.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2022, 12:58:17 pm »

Honestly would just keep the copy ability to fit their name and artwork as the Endless Horde. No Star Gen whatsoever, just an endless mass of bodies. But yeah, going ahead and hitting them someway would be good.

Nanite Cloud isn't too much better though, since it has two possible effects. The search and play, and the heart boost/star gen. Not sure why it has a face-down option for the former, more likely useful for the latter.

Of note, running this deck pure it's only form of star gen is Lamb's Treasure and the Numbers. The former is pretty neat, even if it hasn't been seen.

I'm pretty sure that is "A copy" as in "Another one of these cards" as in "You have six of them in your deck so you're limited to six"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2022, 01:01:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure that is "A copy" as in "Another one of these cards" as in "You have six of them in your deck so you're limited to six"
... Is that how they actually work? If it is, they can also just add other copies in the discard pile to the hand, so no limit there.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2022, 01:08:33 pm »

... Is that how they actually work? If it is, they can also just add other copies in the discard pile to the hand, so no limit there.

"A copy of X" is card talk for "X card" so probably :V
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2022, 06:25:21 pm »

(I always assumed the limit on how many of a card you can have in your deck was more 'how many can you bring to a match', which in-match effects could subvert)

The woman breathes shakily. Every single possible scenario running through her head. If she wants even a chance at getting through this she must make the exact perfect draw and even that may not be enough. She draws...

"I forfeit."

Code: (Fail:Maid) [Select]
Hearts: 10
Stars: 1
Hand: 5
Deck: 32
Spoiler: Field (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Discard (click to show/hide)
(Sorry if this might be a bit blue-balling, but all but one of the cards in my hand are ones I haven't shown yet and I'd rather not just show them off randomly when I already know there's nothing I can do)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 06:29:21 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2022, 06:38:58 pm »

(Which is fair and fine given I also kept cards back for later. Goodbye Hordes, you were op supports.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2022, 01:47:21 am »

TricMagic wins the match

(And Failbird is right, cards can increase the number of copies of cards in your deck past the initial limit. Token decks wouldn't really work otherwise.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2022, 05:10:49 pm »

Next bout:

NQT vs Failbird

I'm happy to start with standard rules, unless you would like to start with a starting hand of 6 instead of 5 cards?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2022, 06:12:42 pm »

I'm fine with that as well, though Stirk hasn't verified my deck yet

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2022, 06:22:47 pm »

OK, let's start with 6 cards each then... I'm about to go to bed now so I'll post my turn. Send a followup when you have your deck confirmed, no hurry (I won't start the clock this round).

Turn 1

Pleased to be back in the fight... This deck is made from all existing cards, but it definitely has a sort of theme. You'll soon see what it is.

And I'll gain a star.

---

NQT
Hearts: 20
Hand: 6
Board: Efficient Leaves 0/4

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2022, 09:04:15 am »

(Still waiting on Stirk. Want me to send it to someone else instead in case we might be able to start sometime today while I still have time off of work?)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2022, 09:05:37 am »

(Send it to any of the others, sure. Unraveller and Tric are usually quick to respond.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2022, 10:42:19 am »

Turn 1 - Fail

Oh wow this first draw. I'll just uh

Fail
Hearts: 20
Hand: 6
Spoiler: Board (click to show/hide)