Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59422 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Although... the mass mafiakill is unstoppable and irreversible, but how does that work with clones etc.?

All you buccaneers with abilities to prevent dying, PM fallacy and ask how it interacts with the Countdown

Who knows, maybe he balanced the game around a town core surviving the whole ship sinking...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Already did. If I was the only dragon around  I could have just flew the coop.
Alternatively I could swallow someone, which would remove them from the game until I died. Which would protect the swallowed, though I'd use it on Jack here.

Probably should ask about Dragon Scales. It might end up a tie scenario if the superkill triggers them and it's Nakeen.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should go without saying what happens to people on fire for the latter. They die rather quickly. Can only pick one of those options though.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Role claim?

K

(Summarizing abilities)

I’m a Reality Warping Dragon of Dubious Morals

(Night) Draconic Barrier [target]: protects them from kill actions performed this Night and roleblocks them as well.

(2-Shot, Night) Draconic Distortion [target1][target2]: single target actions performed on your first target this Night are redirected to instead target your second target. If your second target is killed, gain an additional vote permanently. (Tapped out of uses.)

(Auto) Uncertain Morality: alignment is treated as Serial Killer for investigative abilities. if a Serial Killer aligned player wins the game, you are treated as if you possess the Serial Killer-Ally win condition.

(Auto) There Can Only Be One: If you are the only remaining player with a Dragon role, using Draconic Barrier automatically also self-targets it on you without including its roleblock effect.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pokes Knighting with the Modkill stick. Never a good idea to go by mechanics alone, but that really only leaves Jack left? (And Nakeen. Who just delays forever like a true stall countdown player.)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Nun uh.

Those aren’t the full abilities. I cut some parts out so it wouldn’t be just a copy and paste.

Also, I swear, I’m like the only one who realizes that I could just be looking up how to make a convincing role claim and just lying out of my ass and only telling the truth about the redirect?

Not saying that’s the case but

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The last one is what I have, what Jim has, what TolyKNuts has.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... Why does it post sometimes.

The last one is what I have, what Jim has, what TolyKNuts has. You get a pass for now given mafia countdowner.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Although... the mass mafiakill is unstoppable and irreversible, but how does that work with clones etc.?

All you buccaneers with abilities to prevent dying, PM fallacy and ask how it interacts with the Countdown

Who knows, maybe he balanced the game around a town core surviving the whole ship sinking...
I highly doubt I would survive even with the Devil's Grace protection. I think the mafiakill ability made this clear.

@Knightwing:
You need to claim your day ability as well. You admitted to having one and failing to use it by accident on D3 afterwards.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Avast Toony, go ahead, PM and ask! Who knoweth what mysteries lie in the unfathomable depths of Governor Fallacy's mind?!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

The last one is what I have, what Jim has, what TolyKNuts has.
Knightwing and TolyK both claimed a kind of miller too, although it's odd in TolyK's case. KW's miller part implies a SK exists, but does not guarantee it.

Again, if a SK exists I think it's TolyK which is kind of relevant right now since a SK would not be the Countdowner.

I still really feel Knightwing is town. I spent this whole game feeling like TolyK is not mafia too. I think even if TolyK is SK they have an incentive to find the Countdown mafia just the same as town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Avast Toony, go ahead, PM and ask! Who knoweth what mysteries lie in the unfathomable depths of Governor Fallacy's mind?!
I can ask for the hell of it, but I believe it's a waste of time.

For context:
Quote from: Final Countdown
(1-Shot, Day, Mafiakill) Final Countdown: The end is nigh. This action can only be used on Day 4. When you use this ability, its full text is publicly revealed in the thread. The Mafiakill can no longer be used. If you are still alive at the end of Day 5, after the execution, kill every living non-mafia player in the game immediately, unstoppably, and irreversibly.

@MOD:
Would a town player survive the Final Countdown going off and killing every living non-mafia player in the game immediately, unstoppably, and irreversibly, be able to survive if they had some form of protection? Would any sort of protection stop a player from dying immediately, unstoppably, and irreversibly?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Don't really believe Knightwing or TolyK are mafia.

I think Jack and NQT are making a mockery of this game so Jack NQT.

I'm happy if either die and will laugh at them post-game if they're mafia and proud of even an ounce of themselves.

Will probably do one more big brain post before D5 ends tomorrow if I don't feel terrible.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Love you too, matey, you big ole bloated bilge rat. You don't believe I'm the countdown killer so why are ye resting your vote on me?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I sure as hell do still. I still think you're the most likely Countdown player and that NJW's points are reasonable, but off-track. I don't blame NJW for this, I think he's trying his best to figure out the Countdown player.

I think Jack is clearly scum, and the relationship I sense between you and Jack is that you don't mind voting Jack, while Jack has been town reading you this whole game.

Do I think a mafia team of Jack/Vector/Nakeen have Jack and Vector constantly shitting on Nakeen and trying to get them lynched if Nakeen is the Countdown player? No, I don't.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 113