Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59377 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If we're dead set on scum!EJ, Nakeen does look like they might be coordinating with them quite heavily. Given their mediocre D1, stuff like this post where they take EJ over Vector looks a little too good to be true. And maybe I'm just wrong about how Jack's been playing, I don't know.
I just can't see Nakeen as scum. Maybe it looks like Nakeen has been really "on the ball" with the game state, but I think that's because they're playing well.

I'm leaning towards countdown!Nakeen.

Hey, the claim flavour fits.
That's true sort of with the Being Late role, but that's about as good evidence as NQT's (or Juice's) claim flavor.

Jack's inspect... shouldn't have failed right? Since Nakeen was blocked from delaying them thanks to Trick.
Aye, now we're getting somewhere. There's no reason it should have failed that I can see.
I think Jack is trying to get as much heat as possible. A suspicious claim is perfect for this.

but none of that makes sense unless Jack is the Countdowner, but his actions don't line up with that to me.
What kind of activity would you expect from the Countdowner then?
They'd want to look as town as possible to avoid being executed or killed. They'd also have an incentive to not kill any players to maximum the amount of possible Countdowners. Lurking hardcore and not caring is the opposite of what I'd expect.

KW is a claimed redirector and there is no evidence their redirect actually happened last night (or indeed on N1). Or EJ could be the redirector onto KW.
I believe Knightwing. They showed a heavy suspicion of me the previous day, so their redirect makes sense to same way they suspected Max on N1.

This is a good post. I don't think you're the countdowner because you give a shit about the game.

Vector also had it out for you all game long.

Bad post cause of the fact they misunderstand my kill. I can only kill people that are already on fire, which are TolyK and Jim. My only method of triggering it last night came with a roleblock. So killing Jim means Jim's kill doesn't happen. Killing TolyK might have worked out, but they had the investigation.

Assuming ToyK/Me are town, we know that Jim/NJW are town.
Assuming NQT is town, we know... Hmm, what was NQT's night 1 result again.
Thanks for clarifying, your action makes more sense.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Since the game could easily end today I think everyone should full role-claim too.

I think that's a reasonable request.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #1487 on: November 08, 2022, 01:37:22 pm »

Arr, it be a small point but, it's a curious strange coincidence that one o' mutineer Web's first posts was to act with the exact same posting restriction as I have. I didn't point it out at the time as I thought it just that, a coincidence, but could the mafia have a role power that gives their Mally's game info on town? There be nothing in Web's role flip to suggest he had such a power, but we do know he was trying to bait suspicion.

Also also, I am Schrödiger's Catgirl.

I am indeed rolefishing by doing this, what are you gonna do about it, I fucking love fishies, nya~

I believe I've claimed all but me role name and my pirate power... when I'm at a computer I'll fill ye all in on the complete map o' me personalities...

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Honestly, I think Jack is scum acting scummy on purpose to hide the true countdowner

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinghtwing, what did you even do last night?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Honestly, I think Jack is scum acting scummy on purpose to hide the true countdowner
So why did you redirect actions away from him last night?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A better question is order. Would the randomizer have priority over the redirection? Since with Knightwing redirecting actions against Jack to another, I wonder if that overrode it. In which case it becomes the question...Why target NJW and not Nakeen?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

A better question is order. Would the randomizer have priority over the redirection? Since with Knightwing redirecting actions against Jack to another, I wonder if that overrode it.

Avast, Tric, as ye are not capable of reading the very post that originated this wicked game we play, I have provided the booty:

I'm using sane Natural Action Resolution. While I reserve the right to make super-priority actions, by default your Night actions are resolved according to the Natural Action Resolution as seen on mafiascum wiki, paradox resolution handled via the emergency list, and then rolling for initiative if even that fails.
Quote from: Mafiascum Wiki
In case of emergency breakdown of the Golden Rule
If there is really no other option, the traditional recommendation of Natural Action Resolution is to pick whichever of the conflicting actions comes first on the following list, and resolve it first:

Copy
Hide
Bus Drive
Block
Redirect
Protect
Miscellaneous
Kill
Recruit
Inspect
Do not use this list unless actions are actually in conflict; that is, that both affect each other.

If only one of the actions affects another, resolve that one first, regardless of the positions on the list.

Sadly, though, this list tends not to help in the majority of conflicting actions; the most common cases of conflicts, e.g. Roleblocker versus Jailkeeper, appear in the same location on the list.

Count minor modifications of the actions listed above the same as the basic action (e.g., randomize would be the same priority as redirect).

Arr, the upshot is, if Governor Fallacy did what he said he would do, then it be completely random whether a randomise would take priority over a redirect, savvy?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

A better question is order. Would the randomizer have priority over the redirection? Since with Knightwing redirecting actions against Jack to another, I wonder if that overrode it. In which case it becomes the question...Why target NJW and not Nakeen?
What are you talking about?

Last night Jim's kill got randomized onto NJW thanks to Jack (I can confirm that Jack targeted Jim last night), if Knightwing redirected Jim from Jack to me then I would have been roleblocked and killed (well I wouldn't have died, but whatever). That isn't what happened.

In other words, Knightwing redirected nobody last night as the only player that we know targeted Jack was Nakeen, and they were roleblocked by you.

I have no idea why NQT is talking about stuff that doesn't matter instead of just clearing up your question.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Toony, matey, there you go being uncharitable again. And this time it's even less to yer credit. Of course it bloody matters! If redirecting were to take precedence over randomisation, it would show KW was definitely lying, savvy?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That and a bit tired from workout. Question... Did Knightwing know about you being safe from a kill? Cause that puts him in the worst light if the case, cause his redirect would not cut down the numbers at all.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Toony, matey, there you go being uncharitable again. And this time it's even less to yer credit. Of course it bloody matters! If redirecting were to take precedence over randomisation, it would show KW was definitely lying, savvy?

Jack randomized Jim last night.

Jim's target became randomized.

Jim's random target became NJW.

Jim never targeted Jack last night.

Jim was never redirected by Knightwing.

I do not see how the redirect could happen before the randomize unless the randomize operates completely differently than all rationale logic.

Jack my mafia friend, can you explain to us how your randomize works since it's important.

That and a bit tired from workout. Question... Did Knightwing know about you being safe from a kill? Cause that puts him in the worst light if the case, cause his redirect would not cut down the numbers at all.
I refuse to believe Knightwing redirected actions from Jack to NJW last night. I think their claim is truthful.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

The only way I see it's possible that Knightwing redirected Jim from Jack to NJW is if Knightwing is lying PLUS Jack's randomize made Jim...target Jack anyway.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Sorry Toony my Mafia Friend, I have no idea how the Randomizer works. I wasn't even sure whether it changed the target of the ability or the ability itself until Jim/NJW posted.
Also: It changed the result randomly, so I guess it could have changed the result back to the original result. Reroll a dice but get the same result, that sort of thing.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

The only way I see it's possible that Knightwing redirected Jim from Jack to NJW is if Knightwing is lying PLUS Jack's randomize made Jim...target Jack anyway.
WaitAminute. If a redirect and a randomizer targeted the same player, wouldn't it make sense to just use the redirect and ignore the Randomizer? Or have the Randomizer work and ignore the Redirect? They do the same thing, so only one can act.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 113