Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59354 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Remember the devil thing? I gave them my inspect, they got it as a 1-shot. It still sets people on fire. Ergo TolyK is our mysterious firesetter.
That makes sense.

Want to confirm your full results TolyK?
Correct! I got the result that NJW is town, and didn't do anything this night. Given nobody else is on fire, I probably was not redirected or messed with. I think they're probably safe.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remember the devil thing? I gave them my inspect, they got it as a 1-shot. It still sets people on fire. Ergo TolyK is our mysterious firesetter.
That makes sense.

Correct! I got the result that NJW is town, and didn't do anything this night. Given nobody else is on fire, I probably was not redirected or messed with. I think they're probably safe.

I am On Fire though...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Toony: could you fullclaim, please?

I don't want to waste your time, but this is stuff I'd like to know.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Too late in the day apparently.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Yes, the inspect sets the target on fire, since that was what Tric gave me. So I'm pretty sure it wasn't messed with at this point.

By the way, if people have ways of extending the day, we'll probably want to do that. I will probably do a public day action today, though idk whether it will extend the day...

I'm honestly not sure what to think today. Do we have much more info today? We could start by elimination of probably-not-mafia-bombs: NJW inspected, Jim inspected, me cuz I couldn't have actioned (though feel free to suspect me anyways). Who else? I don't feel like rereading, but I'll have to.  :-[
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Toony: could you fullclaim, please?

I don't want to waste your time, but this is stuff I'd like to know.
You're right. It's effectively lylo anyway.

I am The Worst Possible Post Restriction.

I wanted some goofy post restriction, but instead FoU made me a mailman.

I have a night action called Oh Tiamat - It’s The Post Inspectors which gives a player the status "Post Inspectors". Post Inspectors is a status that a player is told about, and it tells them that if they receive any items then they go elsewhere instead. This elsewhere is me. I haven't used this night action because the watch is better. It also technically counts as an auto because of the status or something which confused me so I thought I could use two night actions at once on N1, this isn't the case and FoU clarified with me.

I have another night action called Absolutely Nightmarish Post Restriction which is a two-shot that steals all items the player I target has, as well as watch them and see if anybody visits them. I was able to successfully use this on N2 and N4 so I'm out of shots.

I have a day ability called Customs Restriction which allows me to restrict a player's targets to three living players at the time. If they don't target one of those players the following night then they are roleblocked. I used this on D1, D2, and D3.

I had another day ability called Lockdown that's a one-shot. It allows me to for one day prevent any players from taking items from the public item pool, and learn the name of any players that do so. I never used this and gave it to TolyK on D2 as part of their offer. The public item pool has never been relevant.

On D1 I targeted Jim with Customs Restriction and made them have to target me, Web, or Jack.
On N1 I received an offer (from TolyK), got Dragon Walnuts (from Jim), and was roleblocked (by Web). I tried to watch Web with Absolutely Nightmarish Post Restriction but got no result because blocked. Dragon Walnuts are an item that prevent me from dying for a night if I use them. I haven't used them.
On D2 I accepted an offer and gave a player (TolyK) Lockdown in exchange for Devil's Grace, which is an auto one-shot that protects me if I were to die, or gives a kill action that has piercing. I also used Customs Restriction on Nakeen and made them have to target Vector, TolyK, or Juicebox.
On N2 I targeted Jim with Absolutely Nightmarish Post Restriction and successfully got a result that Vector visited Jim while also getting Cool Shades from them. It's pretty apparent that I actually targeted NJW since Vector targeted NJW and NJW had the Cool Shades.
On D3 I used Customs Restriction on TolyK, forcing them to target me, Tric, or Vector. Vector died on D3 so it was basically just me or Tric.
On N3 I tried to use Absolutely Nightmarish Post Restriction on Jim, but was roleblocked.
On D4 I used Cool Shades on myself.
On N4 I used Absolutely Nightmarish Post Restriction on Jim and got the result that Jack visited Jim.
On D5 I used Cool Shades on myself.

Too late in the day apparently.
You know Tric, just for that I'll post what I originally wrote up when the day ended. Jim probably wants to see this anyway.

Some of my thoughts at the time are wrong, but I didn't realize at the time.

That makes sense.

I am On Fire though...
I think Tric roleblocking you is what made you On Fire, but yes you're right.

I'm honestly not sure what to think today. Do we have much more info today? We could start by elimination of probably-not-mafia-bombs: NJW inspected, Jim inspected, me cuz I couldn't have actioned (though feel free to suspect me anyways). Who else? I don't feel like rereading, but I'll have to.  :-[
I think Jim and NJW are locktown unless you want to believe Jim and Tric are partners somehow, which I don't.

Nakeen I think is also super town unless there's insane distancing between themselves and Vector, which I don't believe.

Tric is probably town and just being dumb. Knightwing is probably town.

You're probably town TolyK.

Which leaves Jack and NQT in my eyes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

On D2 I accepted an offer and gave a player (TolyK) Lockdown in exchange for Devil's Grace, which is an auto one-shot that protects me if I were to die, or gives a kill action that has piercing. or gives a kill action piercing.
This didn't come out right. What I mean is that if I have a kill action then I can get piercing on it if my target has some form of protection.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

From what I can tell, Toony is telling the truth.

Why is Nightwing town?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Also, The Final Countdown does not seem to mesh with the lore of the post office (ha), so in any case it's not Toony we gotta elim.

D1 I had to choose a role from several, I chose Imaginary Devil.
N1 I did give Toony the choice, he agreed and gave me the Lockdown (he didn't know what he was getting, he did get what he claimed).
N2 I gave Tric a different choice, he gave the inspect to me (he didn't know I was giving him inspection clarity + millerdom, but I didn't know his inspect was 1-shot).
N3 I tried to inspect but got blocked by having to target non-Tric/Toony/Vector.
N4 I inspected NJW and found he was Town, didn't go anywhere, and is now on fire from that.

I am currently the Imaginary Devil. I still have a do-over if I want. Not that it gives me much of anything besides proving a day action.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Wait. NQT had a countdown post restriction... What were his night actions, again?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

From what I can tell, Toony is telling the truth.

Why is Nightwing town?
Knightwing's actions don't make sense to me if they're with Vector.

They seem to be acting on their own.

Wait. NQT had a countdown post restriction... What were his night actions, again?
Juicebox also thought NQT was suspicious on D4 when I asked them due to their sort of countdown role.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I think I get it. NJW was roleblocked because Jim's roleblock/kill targeted him instead of Jack last night thanks to Jack's delayed action. NJW is on fire because TolyK inspected them with Tric's one-shot thing they ended up using on Jim N1 before.

Why isn't NJW dead though? I need to sort the N4 actions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I think I get it. NJW was roleblocked because Jim's roleblock/kill targeted him instead of Jack last night thanks to Jack's delayed action. NJW is on fire because TolyK inspected them with Tric's one-shot thing they ended up using on Jim N1 before.

Why isn't NJW dead though? I need to sort the N4 actions.
Right right, Tric clarified that NJW had Congregation thanks to Vector which protects them from a kill...uh thanks mafia for sabotaging yourself I guess? Not that it really matters when we're in a 9 player lylo where we have to hit a single mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Let me reiterate that...

NINE PLAYER LYLO

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

It's even worse than nine player lylo because we have to hit exactly one person.

In a game without the Final Countdown town would be in phenomenal shape.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 113