Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59356 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

No. I think Knightwing is probably town.
To expand on this:

Knightwing's actions have come into conflict with the mafia this whole game.

1. He redirected actions from Web to Max on N1 which threw off mafia!Vector. He then eagerly admitted he received two votes to everyone.
2. Knightwing none'd on N2 for some reason, not sure about that.
3. On N3 he jailkeeped me while Vector also probably tried to target me to Congregate me, but Vector got redirected to NJW thanks to NJW. Not sure why mafia!Knightwing would do this because if Vector actually Congregate'd me I wouldn't be able to kill mafia anyway (not that I have kill).
4. On N4 he redirected actions from Jack to me. This doesn't mean much unless he was partners with Jack, which I don't believe...

In addition, he opens the game by claiming SK-miller which is already a towntell to me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Sorry I'm all screwed up and have a headache.

Vector tried to Congregate me on N2 since they were executed on D3. It doesn't line up for when Knightwing jailkeeped me N3.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

You seem very concerned.
And what precisely do ye mean by that, lubber?

I'll go over all the claims and the like and draw up me treasure maps... but in good time when everyone has had time to say their piece and I have time to have me kip. Rush on the deck and you risk rolling the boat. I made enough mistakes the last time I cast onto these seas, no need to make more.

I'm not going to read back now but when I do I hope to see the answer to what all those alleged delays did.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

If I believe NQT is being malicious here I think this is a ploy to discredit my opinion today in the search for the Final Countdown mafia.

You seem very concerned.
I'm being sarcastic here because I don't feel NQT actually cares about finding the Final Countdown mafia.

I would like them to prove me wrong by presenting a convincing case of who this player may be.

I'm probably going to bitch about the game balance whether we're right or wrong.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You seem very concerned.
And what precisely do ye mean by that, lubber?
How much do you believe your N4 results? Give me your inner soul thoughts.

Your opening post today gives me the impression you're very convinced, which I am extremely disappointed of.

I'll go over all the claims and the like and draw up me treasure maps... but in good time when everyone has had time to say their piece and I have time to have me kip. Rush on the deck and you risk rolling the boat. I made enough mistakes the last time I cast onto these seas, no need to make more.

I'm not going to read back now but when I do I hope to see the answer to what all those alleged delays did.
Thank you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Every action that targeted Jack instead went to Toony
Makes sense. You don't trust me and trust Jack for some reason.

So, we kill Knightwing then? Jim's action got randomized after all.
No. I think Knightwing is probably town.

I don't believe mafia have any incentive to try to kill at this point. This is confirmed by Nakeen who claims Jack's N3 action was not a killing action. I don't believe there was a mafiakill even performed on N3 and there couldn't have been a mafiakill on N4. Maybe mafia tried to kill me on N3 and Knightwing blocked it, but this is also unlikely as Vector probably truthfully claimed they tried to Congregate me on N3.

I believe Jack killed Max on N1 (they were not redirected by Knightwing, they clearly went for Max while Vector tried to Congregrate Webadict for later) and that Jack probably tried to kill on N2, but was blocked by Jim.

Tric, why didn't you try to kill last night?

Toony. What use would killing do? I could kill Jim, or kill TolyK. Notably, my only source of kill also Roleblocks. Killing Jim means going against my investigation result. Killing TolyK derives town of an inspect. (They better have one.) Blocking Nakeen means if the kill doesn't occur, it's Knightwing. Instead we get this.

Make no mistake, would have killed Jim if in case of a godfather, but doing so loses the game if paranoia is wrong. Or I could just target Nakeen with an inspect and solve it that way, but I don't have...

hua... TolyK inspected NJW. Which would set him on fire.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Tric there's no reason not to try to kill last night. It makes it more likely you're town since mafia can't mafiakill and it reduces the amount of players for us to determine the Final Countdown player. Or even better, you kill the Final Countdown player by being a Godlike dragon sniper.

hua... TolyK inspected NJW. Which would set him on fire.
?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remember the devil thing? I gave them my inspect, they got it as a 1-shot. It still sets people on fire. Ergo TolyK is our mysterious firesetter.

Also might confirm knightwing sending everything to NJW, but still marks them as third party for after all this I guess.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Remember the devil thing? I gave them my inspect, they got it as a 1-shot. It still sets people on fire. Ergo TolyK is our mysterious firesetter.
That makes sense.

Want to confirm your full results TolyK?

Also might confirm knightwing sending everything to NJW, but still marks them as third party for after all this I guess.
I don't understand what this means. Are you theorizing that Knightwing redirected actions to NJW?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

I'm probably going to bitch about the game balance whether we're right or wrong.
Well you would be right to complain. I messed up the balancing in several ways, which I won't detail now but I will be fully willing to discuss once the game is over. I'll need a break from running mafia after this, so it's a good thing the queue is so long.

@MOD: Can you confirm how Day actions work and whether they would resolve even if that player was being executed?
A Day action either resolves immediately (if it is important / it's no strain on me to use in that way) or at the end of the Day (for other ones).

A Day action can be used, then resolve after the player using it is executed. Usage and resolution of an action need not be simultaneous.

@MOD: If a player none'd are they still notified that they were roleblocked?
Yes. Now that I think about it, that's a stupid answer because roleblocking is a type of action failure, and a player that performs no actions cannot fail. I'll go with 'Yes, for this game and the sake of internal consistency, but I'm changing my response to No for all future games.'

ToonyMan covers his eyes against the bright, painful sunlight, and groggily puts on a pair of sunglasses to dim the lights.

ToonyMan uses Cool Shades.

ToonyMan now possesses an additional (currently unused) vote.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why does Knightwing just state this as fact?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Why does everyone conspire to prevent me from killing EuchreJack
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've no clue. Would have really simplified today. Which is why I'm suspicious of Knightwing for doing so.

To note, f Jack was dead and town, we'd have a pretty simple solution, just kill knightwing/nakeen and lynch the other.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Granted, if your kill really was randomized due to delay, that makes me suspicious of nakeen here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Why does Knightwing just state this as fact?
It's true, Knightwing just comes in and states their night action and leaves. I don't think that's enough to scumread them though.

I've no clue. Would have really simplified today. Which is why I'm suspicious of Knightwing for doing so.
I agree with this. We could theorize that Knightwing protected Jack because they're partners. I don't believe this is true though, however in this scenario it would mean Jack is the Final Countdown mafia which I find strange considering how much of a scapegoat they've been acting since the Countdown went off on D4.

Granted, if your kill really was randomized due to delay, that makes me suspicious of nakeen here.
How does Nakeen factor into this? NQT confirmed Nakeen targeted Jack on N3 with a delay (after the fact I might add), and you can confirm that you blocked Nakeen on N4. Do you think Nakeen was able to control Jack's randomization that they delayed?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 113