Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59123 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (11 / 14) - Day 3 - This Always Happens, One Way Or Another
« Reply #1185 on: October 25, 2022, 09:35:37 pm »

Sorry guys, I haven't been feeling well lately. Also, I didn't use any of my day actions. From what I've read so far, My top suspect is Nakeen

But why? I think Nakeen has pretty good odds of being town.

Well, Vector ain't me, so whatever.
Well, this ain't Town Jack.
It would be a lot easier if I wasn't always on defense this game.

I mean, I know I'm town. I don't know Vector is Town. Ipso facto, Vector's death is preferred to mine.

What does EuchreJack's solution to the game look like then?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 25, 2022, 11:38:34 pm »

I didn't try to action you... where are you getting this info?
I meant Nakeen who claimed a few posts before. Late night & all that, sry.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 25, 2022, 11:46:31 pm »

Mod: Votecount
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 26, 2022, 12:02:19 am »

I haven't really had the time to review things heavily, but I'm considering a few things.

1) Web's Mafia-ally flip means Vector is suspicious, since they seemed to be working together. Web did a pretty good job of implicating me. We still don't know how I was soaked, although I still think Web soaking me is the most likely explanation.
2) juicebox was cleared by NQT, but I find juicebox's ability use and restrictions to be suspicious. NQT appears to me to be Town, as NQT attempted to kill a player they felt was scummy, then upon further examination while the player was dying determined that player was town and thus saved that player.
3) I have generally given Knightwing and Tric a pass as Town. I'm 98% sure about Tric. I'm less sure about Knightwing, but this very much seems like town!Knightwing
4) TolyK continues to worry me. Apparently nobody cares though.
5) NJW2000 is someone that I am unsure about.
6) Nakeen seems to have an alibi for now.
7) Jim tried to kill me. Null, as I could see that as vigilante, which was claimed properly. Or could be on the team that tried to kill me.
8) Toony is totally scum. Actually, he's been pushing for my lunch for so much of the game, I just can't be objective. Few seem to be scum reading him, and some are so convinced he's town that they're openly helping him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 26, 2022, 01:47:06 am »

Even though we have one less player than Day 2 and three less players than Day 1 and eleven players total with zero scum found, it is nonetheless a good time to change the days from 72 hours to 48 hours and as a result the day ends in less than 24 hours which means quite a few people need to get a move on it.

I'm probably not going to be around that much for the duration because of work. I think EuchreJack is a pretty good vote but there's a bit more I'd like to look into to firm up my position but I doubt I'll be able to do that.

Vector, is the status webadict erroneously received from you during N1 the same status that NJW2000 received? It seems like you targeted both of them with the same action.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Cutthroat - 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #1190 on: October 26, 2022, 01:50:35 am »

notquitethere, does your ability you used on juicebox work on actual alignment or apparent alignment? E.G., how does a miller fit into your Alpha, Beta, Omega categories and how does a godfather fit into it?

notquitethere never answered this.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 26, 2022, 04:29:43 am »

It does seem a pity to go on a mod error, but what can we do...

Vector: why did you try to give this status to the player who had explicitly declared they were going to kill N1?
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #1192 on: October 26, 2022, 04:42:20 am »

notquitethere, does your ability you used on juicebox work on actual alignment or apparent alignment? E.G., how does a miller fit into your Alpha, Beta, Omega categories and how does a godfather fit into it?

notquitethere never answered this.
mew...

unless he's a godfather OR redirect results can lie about the target in the PM AND I be redirected, then he's not scum.
I inspected Juice and they are definitely NOT mafia (unless they're a godfather or such, but let's set those sails when they come).
TolyK, Juicebox explicitly claimed all their powers, not a miller claim among them is there? That's the whole reason I didn't target you, as the mod told me when I asked that a miller ability might mess with me mojo.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 26, 2022, 04:45:21 am »

An initial consensus builds on EuchreJack, but you know it could shift to another player on the drop of a hat as the day's close comes.

Quote from: Voting Board, Now Alphabetized

EuchreJack (4): Jim Groovester, ToonyMan, Nakéen, TricMagic
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (1): Vector
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (0):
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
Vector (2): notquitethere, EuchreJack

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (6): juicebox, Knightwing64, Knightwing64, NJW2000, NJW2000, TolyK

7 to hammer.

Day 3 ends today, at 11 PM Central/Forum time, approximately 18 hours from now. Or upon a hammer.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 26, 2022, 05:36:25 am »

Even though we have one less player than Day 2 and three less players than Day 1 and eleven players total with zero scum found, it is nonetheless a good time to change the days from 72 hours to 48 hours and as a result the day ends in less than 24 hours which means quite a few people need to get a move on it.
with the same action.
My current read of the situation is a bit dependent on my action results. To be a bit more clear, I gave someone (not Toony) another choice.

However, here is the gist:

1. Vector is my #1 pick, primarily because of Webadict association, not-really-checkable actions last few nights, and some from the day game. The flawed inspect is interesting (I think it's not inconceivable for such an ability).
2. Jack's recent posts are... yeah. Hard to tell if frustrated mafia or really frustrated town, but I'd lean towards the first. :D
3. Tric seems pretty decent. Healthy skepticism. I had some odd feeling D2 but I'm not sure where it came from.
4. Jim seems quite town and direct.
5. Toony hasn't given much reason to doubt him yet.
6. Knightwing64 not actioning is suspicious, but besides that kinda null read for me (didn't pay much attention while rereading).
7. Nakeen - townish null read.
8. Juicebox - honestly, I don't remember much at all.

Juice why is Nakeen your top pick?

Nakeen:

So who I suspect is ToonyMan redirected me toward three potential targets: TolyK, Vector, and juicebox. I saw this as a subtle message, and went to Delay TolyK instead, but crashed into a broom closet afterward.

If I had been delayed, would I know? If not, and your delay was actually successful (and not roleblocked?), it might change my decision making this day...

PPE: Well then. Got results...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 26, 2022, 05:45:50 am »

I'm happy to say that TricMagic seems to have been telling the truth . I wish you'd spoken up ahead of time - the choice might have been a bit different, as you can tell now - but what's done is done. Plus, it gives you a bit more information.

Now... Everyone, given how many inspects we seem to have, how likely is it for mafia to actually have inspection powers of their own? Or is it supposedly balanced by negative effects + millers and such?

Given the mafia-ally reveal, I'm actually slightly more worried about mafia having true inspects.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 26, 2022, 05:48:08 am »

At the very least, Tric did inspect N1 and didn't inspect N2 (but may have done something else).
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 26, 2022, 06:13:44 am »

I'm a bit winded by the fact we still don't have anything hard to go on, BUT:

Looking at D1, Web's listed possible targets and Vector's scumreads/wagons seem to mostly align. I guess Web didn't 100% say where he was going to shoot, but it certainly didn't look like town!Vector would want to stop the shot.

I think just Vector here, unless there's like, a really good explanation?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 26, 2022, 07:03:04 am »

@TolyK:
What'd you offer Tric? Another inspect?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 26, 2022, 07:54:51 am »

I'm very doubtful about the EuchreJack elimination. Perhaps people can see stuff I can't, but there's nothing on him on the level of "to action to stop scum being killed N1", which Vector is basically confirmed to have done.

Anyone considering EJ over Vector I thus consider dubious as heck. Especially older and stronger players like Toony  ???

Also, on a meta-level, EJ's tell is calmness, not aggression. See MVM1 where Toony successfully reads them on this (bit below post I linked, but point is scum!EJ looks like Patrick Bateman, not Iago.)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 113