Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59074 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (11 / 14) - Day 3 - This Always Happens, One Way Or Another
« Reply #1140 on: October 25, 2022, 11:44:23 am »

Ok, was hoping for a claim from Vector, but I think their workday has begun.

Action Claim:

I used an ability that forced Vector, Toony and Nakeen to target me. As far as I know, it worked.

Results Claim

Vector visited me; I was told this. I also was given a status that undeniably looks a bit anti-town.
Vector: care to comment?

Also, I was magicked pretty hard in the night. I know I was asking for it, but would anyone like to claim?

...aaand I lost an item. Toonyman: how come you know someone lost an item?

Vector is the meowfia, nyah~~!
Uh... you couldn't go back to the countdown of normal posts that kills me, could you?
Ah sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. So I got redirected on you NJW, which thus caused me to be roleblocked by ToonyMan's day action because you weren't part of the targets I was restricted to.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 25, 2022, 11:46:54 am »

Nakeen: no worries. So we know why that happened.

@NJW:
I mean if you got poisoned or something then Vector did it. Vector is the only one that targeted you besides me taking your shit.
Not exactly.

I want to hear NQT announce his results before I go into what this is, I think. If I do at all. That might solve some stuff.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 25, 2022, 11:56:19 am »

You won't hear one more meow outta me before Kniiiigghtwingg spills the milk! ~~nyah!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 25, 2022, 12:00:58 pm »

So... your visit is normally self-announcing?

Also, you're aware how dubious the status you gave me is, right? Like, it's difficult to believe that a town player would give it to people? While there's a specific use case for the mafia given by this game in particular? And that in that case, you'd have used it exactly correctly N1?

You see how bad this looks?

I can choose whether to announce myself or not. D1, I didn't announce myself to Web. D2, I thought "my feet are in the fire, better confirm my action somehow if people are going to keep claiming I did shit I didn't do."

It's a flawed status for sure, but again, if you have learned that someone doesn't have a kill, it's functionally a free bulletproof, so that's not bad.

How the fuck did you think we were getting all these inspects? It's not that Fallacy didn't put tons of inspects into the game -- he apparently did. At least in my case, he just gave me an inspect with flaws.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 25, 2022, 12:05:18 pm »

You won't hear one more meow outta me before Kniiiigghtwingg spills the milk! ~~nyah!
Ok, see this post. Either you deny an SK-result, or you deny you belive the claim, I don't see what else needs to happen.

Okay, claim:

The status Vector gave me makes it so my kill actions cannot kill a mafia-aligned player. And another thing.

And they successfully used it... on the person with the claimed kill. Who turned out to be the mally.

The fact that they just announced a bulletproofing is also dubious as heck.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 25, 2022, 12:16:14 pm »

I was checking D1 for if Web was signaling at all but I don't really see anything besides his "go go go let's vote Roden" which is how he was as mally in MVM3.

I'm guessing that mafia!Vector didn't think Web was a mally so they targeted Web on N1 to stop them from possibly killing mafia with their Shock. So on N1 the mafia killed Max while Vector tried to shut off Web from killing mafia, however Knightwing redirected Vector to Max so it didn't matter.

The whole revive thing Web was saying on D2 might have been a lie to see if Vector was "in on it" or not? I'd have to double check their interactions again.

And yes, the amount of inspections seems really high.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 25, 2022, 12:22:02 pm »

Good job inspecting the miller.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 25, 2022, 12:25:49 pm »

Either you deny an SK-result, or you deny you belive the claim, I don't see what else needs to happen.
Nope! I want to hear it with my little fluffy ears from Kniiighhhghhghtwing himself, mew!

All he needs to say is "I'm not meowfia and I don't actually have a deadly ability" if that's the truth!

Good job inspecting the miller.
I'm not a silly kitty, I know exactly what he claimed before! ~~nyah!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 25, 2022, 12:26:13 pm »

Ok, see this post. Either you deny an SK-result, or you deny you belive the claim, I don't see what else needs to happen.

Okay, claim:

The status Vector gave me makes it so my kill actions cannot kill a mafia-aligned player. And another thing.

And they successfully used it... on the person with the claimed kill. Who turned out to be the mally.

... Vector, you see how sus that is right?

Is it just mafallies all the way down?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 25, 2022, 12:29:49 pm »

juicebox hasn't posted yet. Also EuchreJack hasn't claimed what he attempted to do during N2.

Anything else?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 25, 2022, 12:56:46 pm »

Also who the second person EuchreJack is hinting at visiting him.

Jim stopped Jack from killing while Vector gave NJW some bad status.
This makes sense, but nothing's solved if you've not proven mafia never none'd.

Do the mafia not kill during N2? It's possible but I'd say they at least try to.

mousekeys

meowsekeys

Okay, claim:

... Vector, you see how sus that is right?

Is it just mafallies all the way down?

The existence of an ability that prevents kills against mafia targets doesn't necessarily mean that it's a mafia only ability.

It would be like if you had a role that was town but it had a Godfather auto.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 25, 2022, 01:19:38 pm »

It would be nice if the second person that voted me claimed, but they probably won't.

So, someone DID try a kill last night, ON ME. I have an ability that prevents me from being night killed, and it triggered last night.

I have an ability that scrambles a player's targeting. Since I didn't trust how much power Toony had amassed yesterday, I was attempting to use it on him. But I got roleblocked, and almost killed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 25, 2022, 01:30:38 pm »

Haha, why does mafia try to kill Jack after yesterday?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 25, 2022, 01:40:20 pm »

I’m not the mafia and I don’t have a deadly ability?

I mean, if I redirect someone with a kill action into somebody else, that might kill them? But I don’t have  actually kill action and I’m town soooo

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 25, 2022, 01:43:46 pm »

I have an ability that scrambles a player's targeting. Since I didn't trust how much power Toony had amassed yesterday, I was attempting to use it on him. But I got roleblocked, and almost killed.
I have even more power than yesterday now, fear me.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 113