Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59006 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Cutthroat - 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #1050 on: October 22, 2022, 04:25:17 pm »

At this point, we're purely speculating on the NQT Daykill. We don't know if it's reusable if cancelled.

If a player uses a daykill, then cancels it because they think their suspect under pressure appears actually town, this is townie behavior.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 22, 2022, 04:26:08 pm »

And if it doesn't kill in the first place at end of day? (In case NJW ends up dead at the end of the night.)

... Starting to think there are 3 mafia. Really Jack? Don't really trust Toony here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 22, 2022, 04:28:05 pm »

This is an intriguing point to draw out. Toony and Tric are both right in their different ways:

- If I gave up a free kill on town, that would a town-sided act
- If I refused to see through an action purely to make myself look more town, that would be scum-sided

Credibility is important, yes even for town... building that core. But also acting to take out scum is the core activity we should be doing.

So it all comes down to: do I believe NJW is scum? By my broad-brush scum hunting metric, often right but not always, NJW is not great. But he's not the worst player, no. This was really kicked off by him making a bad case while I was feeling particularly fired up.

How will I feel if he does flip scum later and I didn't kill him? Will I be kicking myself for the lost opportunity?

Oh and as I said earlier, Web is a bad pick in general, but a good pick for the game.

Webadict

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 22, 2022, 04:39:32 pm »

At this point, we're purely speculating on the NQT Daykill. We don't know if it's reusable if cancelled.
You're kidding me right?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 22, 2022, 04:40:58 pm »

... Starting to think there are 3 mafia.
This has been my assumption since game start.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 22, 2022, 04:44:23 pm »

It's definitely not a reusable power, which won't surprise anyone who's thought about it for a few moments.

I had assumed 3 mafia all along too. 3 maf, probably 1 3rd party, 10 town. Something like that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 22, 2022, 05:16:47 pm »

I'm pretty tapped out from putting effort into this game. I haven't done a reread of Day 2 and I don't know if I'm going to.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 22, 2022, 05:20:26 pm »

I haven't thought NJW2000 is a good choice to lynch or daykill but I have not been paying close attention for the past few pages but from what I've read I don't think that's changed.

Regardless I think I'd rather see daykills used rather than threatened.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 22, 2022, 05:30:59 pm »

Overall the extension hasn't changed the status quo and most are going to vote webadict anyway for game reasons. My view on NJW2000 hasn't changed, which is that I have no clue what their alignment is.

I feel like the players with kills were way too trigger happy, between webadict (supposed) N1 kill attempt and now NQT's countdown. Especially since you have an inspect, I'm confused as to why you wouldn't want to wait to confirm your target really is scum before risking it. It's too much of a gamble especially since there are still a dozen (eleven if we count webadict out) remaining players.

Killing NJW2000 is not a good move. Having reveal he has 3 votes is enough of a success in my opinion, because his tiebreaking power has been revealed to everyone. It would be best to rely on one of the inspects to confirm his alignment rather than kill him to flip him, because I can't see Mafia letting him live if they are not one of them.

My vote remains on webadict.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 22, 2022, 05:38:47 pm »

You know, just thought of something. Those 3 votes could be used to force a tie.

webadict

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 22, 2022, 05:41:16 pm »

I feel like there are a bunch of really lazy votes on webadict right now even though he absolutely deserves to be voted out for what he did.

AND WOULD IT KILL THE MODERATOR TO POST SOME REGULAR VOTE COUNTS DURING THE GAME

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 22, 2022, 05:43:44 pm »

Although it doesn't seem to be the theme of NQT, it would be hilarious if to stop the countdown he had to say "IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 22, 2022, 05:53:32 pm »

AND WOULD IT KILL THE MODERATOR TO POST SOME REGULAR VOTE COUNTS DURING THE GAME
Probably

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 22, 2022, 05:59:10 pm »

Probably
Indeed, for that would take up valuable time that the mod should be spending on starting Gate of Dreams already.
Dangit.

Mod Mod Mod: GATE OF DREAMS WHEN

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 22, 2022, 06:03:19 pm »

Probably
Indeed, for that would take up valuable time that the mod should be spending on starting Gate of Dreams already.
Dangit.

Mod Mod Mod: GATE OF DREAMS WHEN
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 113