Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58910 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #900 on: October 20, 2022, 09:37:36 pm »

I do want to post quickly that I'd like to see a bit more out of Nightwing and TolyK, I don't have nearly enough from them to get a solid feel on them yet.
Spoiler: I am welmed (click to show/hide)

TolyK and Juicebox are suspicious
I disagree.

Brief thoughts.
This is a good post.

Yarr
This is a good post.

Tolyk
TolyK
I'm like 90% sure TolyK isn't mafia after the choice resolved.

Also, I tend to Suspect Web, since the most likely reason I'm soaked is because Web just lied about his targets, excluding me.
webadict: I can see Web soaking me, not telling anyone, then waiting until a wagon builds on me just to see the results.  All as town!web. I could see town!web even sacrificing me to the wagon for info.  Thanks Web.
This doesn't make any sense. You suspect Web and then immediately townread them for the same reasons.

PPE:
I disagree, he's been pretty Town as far as I can tell, and I don't want him voted out.  And I'm willing to throw myself on the fire to prove he's Town.  Otherwise, I'm letting an innocent man die.  This is how you defend someone.
Too bad.

I'm still willing to vote out TolyK or even possibly Nakeen, though, but that's assuming I get to choose.
No.

I'm unwilling to let EuchreJack get voted out though.
I will continue to vote Jack just to spite you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 20, 2022, 09:50:15 pm »

I'm unwilling to let EuchreJack get voted out though.
I will continue to vote Jack just to spite you.
Rude, but admirable.  I can't even be mad, given what I just claimed.  I'm wondering if you would do that as Town or not, and I think you probably would as either.  That's hard to decipher.

What happens when either of us flips Town?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 20, 2022, 09:57:53 pm »

You gotta admit that I'm already a problem for Town because NJW refuses to do anything else, regardless of how bad his case his.  I'm honestly not really giving anything up (though, I do wish I got to use my double protect).  If anything, I'm probably a liability to Town.  I see this as the natural progression to stopping a series of miseliminations that lose Town the game.

I don't really like doing this, even if I'm pretending that I am, but I'm really against EuchreJack being voted, and I would like to advocate for someone else.  Is there an alternative that you would be amenable to?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 20, 2022, 10:59:40 pm »

webadict made me angry enough to make me ask myself whether what I was doing was actually worth my time which resulted in me working out which I hadn't done in a month. So thanks, webadict.

I should go reread Day 2 in light of this new revelation but I'm still aggravated and annoyed.

haha lol justaprank ha ha ha ha ha ha :|

webadict, please answer the following:

Why did you decide to withhold that you soaked EuchreJack?
What did you learn by withholding that you soaked EuchreJack?
Would you have revealed that you soaked EuchreJack if he hadn't collected votes?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 20, 2022, 11:13:20 pm »

I was reading D1 as well since I want to figure out who Web and Jack are with if there's a third. I think a third mafia makes the most sense with either Vector or Tric. Maybe I'll do an opinion piece for D1 as well if I'm feeling really spicy. That's not happening tonight but maybe tomorrow.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 20, 2022, 11:20:33 pm »

I was reading D1 as well since I want to figure out who Web and Jack are with if there's a third. I think a third mafia makes the most sense with either Vector or Tric. Maybe I'll do an opinion piece for D1 as well if I'm feeling really spicy. That's not happening tonight but maybe tomorrow.
I'm currently leaning Web/Jack/Vector because Tric is town-clearing Jim, among some other things. Mafia should have killed Tric last night like I recommended.

There's probably a 50% chance TolyK is third-party, but if we kill three-ish mafia and the game doesn't end we can just kill TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 20, 2022, 11:37:31 pm »

I should mention that I think it's worth testing between EuchreJack and webadict because this eleventh hour clarification is very suspicious. webadict's speculations and brainstorming about how TricMagic ended up soaked seemed genuine at the time. To find out he was making it all up when EuchreJack gains votes strains belief.

There's also how aggravated I am with webadict that motivates wanting to test within that group as well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 20, 2022, 11:53:41 pm »

OK, actually: has TolyK even posted more than once today? I'm not saying "is TolyK lurkier than me," idgaf.

But, someone should shoot him.

I haven't followed a lot of today, but I'm going to say that as someone who isn't really familiar with Roden's scum vs. town meta, what I saw was that I couldn't vote obvscum Nakeen (who I am still voting by the way because his D1 posts were passive garbage, something that has not changed) and at the time I didn't like the NJW bandwagon. I'm convinced that Juicebox is town... well, I was. That's wavering a little bit now but I'm willing to clear them for Today.

Point being, yeah, I reread the game, I pulled quotes, I thought that Roden was scummy but Nakéen was scummiest. I couldn't vote Nakéen but I took the second-best option. That's that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 21, 2022, 12:01:54 am »

webadict made me angry enough to make me ask myself whether what I was doing was actually worth my time which resulted in me working out which I hadn't done in a month. So thanks, webadict.

I should go reread Day 2 in light of this new revelation but I'm still aggravated and annoyed.

haha lol justaprank ha ha ha ha ha ha :|

webadict, please answer the following:

Why did you decide to withhold that you soaked EuchreJack?
What did you learn by withholding that you soaked EuchreJack?
Would you have revealed that you soaked EuchreJack if he hadn't collected votes?
You're gonna get jacked, bro!  I swapped out your protein powder for BROTEIN BROWDER.

As for your questions:
1.  I had a fever dream where it would be a hilarious thing to do.  And you know me.  I'M a fever dream every day of my life.
2.  I learned it's really easy to vote Jack for bad reasons. 
3.  I dunno, I didn't plan that far ahead.

I'm currently leaning Web/Jack/Vector because Tric is town-clearing Jim, among some other things. Mafia should have killed Tric last night like I recommended.

There's probably a 50% chance TolyK is third-party, but if we kill three-ish mafia and the game doesn't end we can just kill TolyK.
::)

Okay, so what do I do when Jack flips Town?  Do I get to die, too?  That'd be preeeeetty epic!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 21, 2022, 12:11:38 am »

As for your questions:
1.  I had a fever dream where it would be a hilarious thing to do.  And you know me.  I'M a fever dream every day of my life.

I was hoping for a convincing rationale that would make me not want to vote you or EuchreJack.

I really should go reread the game but I doubt I do that tonight.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 21, 2022, 12:21:04 am »

As for your questions:

I was hoping for a convincing rationale that would make me not want to vote you or EuchreJack.

I really should go reread the game but I doubt I do that tonight.
I'm kinda passed rational arguments at this point, don't you think?  I think that EuchreJack is Town.  And if I get voted out, then oh well, I gave it a shot, but also, I get to prove ToonyMan and NJW wrong, so that's the real win here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 21, 2022, 01:05:11 am »

edit: still posting this despite webadict revealing they didn't plan anything.

Soak and webadict
On the webadict case. Due to witholding information about the soaking, his trust has plummeted and so has the trust in Soak. It appears to me to have been a clever but mishandled plan to force players into showing their hands. The unknown factor of the Soaked status generated confusion and doubt, causing players to be more willing to share their actions.

Web's bizarre case:
On D1 claims to have a Kill action, drawing attention and setting themselves up to die or be roleblocked. Knightwing claimed to have protected them, redirecting actions to Maximum Spin.
+ Combined with the Soaked fiasco, we have:
-> if webadict is Mafia, then Mafia!web is pulling some incredible gambit by making themselves purposefully so disruptive we would double guess and not vote them. OR they are protecting someone with more useful abilities.
-> if web Mafia, then Knightwing is either an unaware Town, or a Mafia that followed some convoluted plan with a high chance of blowing in their face if it failed. To me it increases the odds of KnightWing being Town.
-> if webadict is Town, then all of this is a gamble gone wrong, or a gamble still in process to oust mafia/town/3rd parties.
-> Knightwing could then be a Mafia trying to look good, who got caught up in the gambit.

If webadict flips Mafia then Jack would logically be next, unless it is another gambit to make us think they want to drag Jack with them.

So to sum up. webadict is either piling gambits and/or hiding more things, or made a bizarre mistake that is exploding in their face.

To me KnightWing is Town.

Dragon Highlanders?
Dragons have been rather open about their existence to me, leading me to believe that they are unlikely to be Mafia. Why ?
Because we were told that Dragons get some benefits from outlasting other Dragons. It creates an incentive to find and kill other Dragons if they are on opposite teams, or 3rd party.

None of the players killed were Dragons. And Tric the most definitely Dragon is alive. This leads me to believe that Dragons are either very careful, or not tying to kill other Dragons.

Given Tric is alive, it is likely none of the claimed Dragons are mafia. The Dragon Highlander claim was made on D2, so a Mafia!Dragon would in all likelihood killed Tric. Unless they were coordinating, it means this is not detrimental to dragons to reveal this mechanic. They may be a 3rd party with their own wincon though, but that also seems unlikely.

To me TricMagic is Town.

ToonyMan's Merry Men
A core is also forming around Toony, composed of TolyK and Jim. Toony confirmed the two, who seem to trust Toony, which leads me to believe it is unlikely all of them are mafia.

Cannot have Mafiakilled
Cannot be ToonyMan who got roleblocked and delayed.
Cannot be Knight or Tric (because I see them as Town)

Voting webadict.
I will then Delay Vector because they technically targeted web, which was deflected on Spin. I can't trust the supposed GM mistake web made as it could still be a bluff.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 21, 2022, 01:09:31 am »

No, I calculated correctly.

webadict.

That's Hammer.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 21, 2022, 02:09:58 am »

:|

And I had a whole post and everything. Well, okay.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 21, 2022, 04:41:24 am »

No, I calculated correctly.

webadict.

That's Hammer.

Loserrrrr
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 113