Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58823 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #795 on: October 20, 2022, 09:11:49 am »

We've seem to have wasted a lot of time in mechanics NQT. My next question is thus... Lost my train of thought. Right, Behavorial. Who's mixing things, trying to push lynches, and who's being lynched. Also who's quiet, so Nakeen. I get we got a lot of posts, but the Lurker cannon won't lie once webadict actually fires it. Get to it webadict!
I disagree with voting Nakeen.

Juicebox can confirm Nakeen only performed one action on N1.

I believe Nakeen is telling the truth about their delay on me.

I think Nakeen has been playing well enough D2 so I change my D1 opinion.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 20, 2022, 09:14:03 am »

You're stupid then Web and should have found getting the Revive strange, not go "ah Knightwing described a redirect but actually meant bus even though Toony and Nakeen reiterated it was a redirect but that would be THREE posts for me to read and I have no intention to read player's posts because I don't care and want to cause confusion with NQT and get in a shitshow with NJW look at me!".
Okay, you know me, I never make any mistakes ever.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 20, 2022, 09:15:44 am »

It's a win-win for me because you're either town and stupid or scum.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 20, 2022, 09:35:06 am »

Arrr, Web, did NJW answer yon question about his knowledge of soaking? I didn't spot it. Also, lurker tracker.
If Web asked a question about this, I missed it. He posts a lot more than I can, but doesn't always understand the things he reads, which takes up a lot of my time.

Please do point me to the question though. Would be very helpful. Does it exist?

NJW, pardon me bad old eye but I seem to recall you claiming why you bussed yourself with Jim. I just can't find the post now (searching has come up empty). Maybe I dreamt it?
Well, I thought I put them in my livejournal, but as it turned out, they're somewhere on the bottom of this page. Have a gander.

Webadict: you did eventually answer my questions, but it was a very long post.

Spoiler: the most relevant part (click to show/hide)

Am I right that the gist is "NJW avoided scumtells and wasn't voting at the end of the day"? Because that's a remarkably weak case, and also not a defence of the D1 attack.

Also, "but MaximumSpin did all that" is never a defence.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 20, 2022, 09:42:00 am »

I mean, I literally assumed I would be targeted with a Roleblock, Mafiakill, or something else.  It made sense to me that I got the Revive as a result of Knightwing and didn't die as well because he seemed proud that he redirected the Mafiakill, so it made sense to me at the time.  Logic meets emotion.  Also, I don't expect anyone to target me positively.

But, I can always accept being stupid Town. :)

How does this post sound to you?  Because I can make it sound happier if it stops you from berating the entire Town.  Put in some uwus and Pokememes.  Will that help bring you back?

@NJW: Indeed, Max doing it isn't a defense.  It's an attack on your attack because you'd be doing your attack on Max if I had died instead.  It shows that your attack has less merits because it doesn't show scumplay at all.

Anyway, yes, I did try to kill you.  I don't see it as wrong, I saw it as you trying to be inconspicuous.  That was how I remember MVM3 or whichever one it was.  This isn't wrong.  I don't see trying to kill me for my play as inherently wrong.  I see it the same way I see an inspection, but truer.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 20, 2022, 09:50:10 am »

Anyway, yes, I did try to kill you.  I don't see it as wrong, I saw it as you trying to be inconspicuous.  That was how I remember MVM3 or whichever one it was.  This isn't wrong.  I don't see trying to kill me for my play as inherently wrong.  I see it the same way I see an inspection, but truer.
Psychopathy Webadict. Do you want dead town over confirmed town?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 20, 2022, 09:52:29 am »

Well, dead town usually is confirmed town... :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 20, 2022, 09:55:39 am »

Psychopathy Webadict. Do you want dead town over confirmed town?
I mean, one is technically the other.  Dead scum is also confirmed scum.  It's not wrong to be psychopathic.

Also, rereading, I'm understanding why ToonyMan is calling me stupid Town.  I literally quoted the post that said that Knightwing's action wasn't necessarily a confirmation.  I actually don't remember that, as I was really fucking tired that day.  All I remember was Knightwing cheering.  I didn't even remember Toony posting his action, I got really fucking tunneled on the being saved part.

Well, dead town usually is confirmed town... :P
Ah, c'mon, I was gonna say that.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 20, 2022, 10:01:35 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> webadict    --3-- NJW2000*, NJW2000*, TricMagic*,
EuchreJack     --1-- ToonyMan*,
Nakéen         --1-- Vector*,
NJW2000        --1-- webadict*,
Vector         --1-- notquitethere*,
Jim Groovester --0--
juicebox       --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
TolyK          --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
TricMagic      --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --6-- EuchreJack*, Jim Groovester, juicebox*, Knightwing64*, Nakéen, TolyK,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on October 16, 2022 at 02:00 Central Daylight Time (-104 hours and -1 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 20, 2022, 10:09:11 am »

Mamobo has drunk too much blueberry wine...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 20, 2022, 10:10:24 am »

Yeah, I'm just gonna let it be for now, I also didn't add in Knightwing's second vote.  I don't even know when Day ends.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 20, 2022, 10:12:11 am »

Ah fuck, it's like 34 hours away.  I've been lazy as shit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 20, 2022, 10:29:25 am »

I like ToonyMan voting EuchreJack so I will also vote EuchreJack since I think he's on the right track about what matters from the N2 results i.e. EuchreJack being soaked and not who kill max
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 20, 2022, 10:38:18 am »

@Fallacy:  Would we know if Maximum Spin was Soaked?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 20, 2022, 10:57:54 am »

I'll have a substantive post tonight. I have too much work to do and not enough energy, so I won't be paying attention until then.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 113