Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58760 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #645 on: October 19, 2022, 09:19:53 am »

Not at the moment no. It just says NJW in the pm. Even though Jim is the one to get hit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 19, 2022, 09:21:19 am »

WAIT! TOONYMAN WAS BLOCKED! THAT WAS ME ON JIM!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 19, 2022, 09:21:43 am »

Boom! That's fucking me, NJW.  Both actions confirmed, fuck off, kiddo.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 19, 2022, 09:21:48 am »

Aye some very good points Webadict. This allows us to get much closer with the grid! (Juicebox, yer points are bleeding useless. Of course your night actions are unconfirmed as you claim not to do any. One of your day actions was confirmed but that's neither here not there.)

Updated Claims
Confirmed
Cap'n NQT: Gunsmith'd Juicebox, learned he's a killer AND he's not a third party (that's nice to know aye)
EuchreJack: Learned about the good Cap'N NQT's activities, confirmed them to a tee. If I'm lying then he's on me team.
Jim Groovester: Toonyman confirms being gifted something by Jim
TolyK: Gave the Toon a choice. Toony confirms this.
TricMagic: Arr, apparently inspected & followed NJW, which if NJW is telling the truth would have inspected & followed Jim. Jim claims to be on fire backs Tric's actions AND NJW's. Either way, the result was that one of them apparently targeted Web, but both NJW AND Jim deny this, so it seems like Tric is lying OR something's gone awry in the claims or my understanding o' them
NJW2000: did a bus. This is confirmed by Jim being on fire from targeted NJW, so confirmed by Tric and Jim combined.
webadict: Soaked a whole deck o' people, that's confirmed, and apparently tried to kill NJW which would have bussed to Jim who was set on fire by Tric, countering the effect. Claims to have roleblocked the target's target. Jim's target was Toony, who claims the roleblock.
ToonyMan: Block was confirmed by Web

Completely Unconfirmed
juicebox: Says he doesn't have a kill, I know he does. His lack of a night action is of course unaccounted for by anyone else.
Vector: Inspected web as town, probably redirected to Max (their claim was after KW claimed the redirect, though they apparently didn't notice)

Messy
Maximum Spin: who knows but it could have involved soaking or setting people on fire, given there's a few of those effects unaccounted for
Knightwing64: Redirects Web to Max. Do we know that happened for certain? Toony was blocked, Vector wouldn't know they were redirected. Odd thing to claim if false though.
Nakéen: Delay is not confirmed per se, but it not working would be explained by Web's block on Toony as blocks supercede delays.

---

Aye so clearly the killer was Juicebox, or, possibly Vector. Dry land is in sight, me hearties!

(O course, scum can mutually back one another's claims. A task for after another set of flips would be to unpick all the groups of mutual claims. Let's swab those decks when we get to them...)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 19, 2022, 09:22:42 am »

(Hahah, me hearty Web sees the chain o' action a second before I post about it meself. I guess ninjas really do beat pirates...)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 19, 2022, 09:28:42 am »

Aye, as a small addendum, I was being a blundering fool regarding Max, as we know the ole matey's actions (he inspected someone to whatever end) and we know he couldn't soak nobody. So TricMagic and Euchrejack's soaking is still unaccounted for...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 19, 2022, 09:32:54 am »

BLOW ME DOWN AND CALL ME A LIAR

I misread me bleeding results. I was told Juice was an alpha class, and I thought that was the killer class but I had it the wrong way round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alpha is non-killer, Beta is killer.

Juicebox, me hearty, o how I have slandered you!

What a blasted wretch I have been!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 19, 2022, 09:35:01 am »

I was so sure I was. What a boundering fool I have been. Ye may not ever forgive me, but I know you are true hearted (unless ye be mafia-ally, which is a possibility with this result set but not worth worry about now).

Vector it must be then.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 19, 2022, 09:40:03 am »

(Fallacy must be chuckling to himself. Arr, and the scum and all...)

Re-Updated Claims
Confirmed
Cap'n NQT: Gunsmith'd Juicebox, learned he's a NOT killer AND he's not a third party (that's nice to know aye)
EuchreJack: Learned about the good Cap'N NQT's activities, confirmed them to a tee. If I'm lying then he's on me team.
Jim Groovester: Toonyman confirms being gifted something by Jim
TolyK: Gave the Toon a choice. Toony confirms this.
TricMagic: Arr, apparently inspected & followed NJW, which if NJW is telling the truth would have inspected & followed Jim. Jim claims to be on fire backs Tric's actions AND NJW's. Either way, the result was that one of them apparently targeted Web, but both NJW AND Jim deny this, so it seems like Tric is lying OR something's gone awry in the claims or my understanding o' them
NJW2000: did a bus. This is confirmed by Jim being on fire from targeted NJW, so confirmed by Tric and Jim combined.
webadict: Soaked a whole deck o' people, that's confirmed, and apparently tried to kill NJW which would have bussed to Jim who was set on fire by Tric, countering the effect. Claims to have roleblocked the target's target. Jim's target was Toony, who claims the roleblock.
ToonyMan: Block was confirmed by Web
juicebox: Says he doesn't have a kill, and I KNOW HE DOESN'T I misread it before

Completely Unconfirmed

Vector: Inspected web as town, probably redirected to Max (their claim was after KW claimed the redirect, though they apparently didn't notice)

Messy
Knightwing64: Redirects Web to Max. Do we know that happened for certain? Toony was blocked, Vector wouldn't know they were redirected. Odd thing to claim if false though.
Nakéen: Delay is not confirmed per se, but it not working would be explained by Web's block on Toony as blocks supercede delays.

Aye, so it's most likely Vector or Nakeen that did the kill, unless there's a grouping that are self-confirming.

I am going to go have a stern word with myself. I was so sure juicebox was a wrong'un I didn't go back and re-read me starting PM to clarify I had the terms right. Aye, what a sorry captain I have been (did a good job figuring out the rest though, so won't be downhearted for too long, mind).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 19, 2022, 09:40:22 am »

My initially confusion was that I received a Revive last Night, which is why I assumed it was a Bus.  Hence why NJW2000 was wrong.  But, Fallacy said that was a mod error, so maybe I wasn't the target of the mafiakill.

I was so sure I was. What a boundering fool I have been. Ye may not ever forgive me, but I know you are true hearted (unless ye be mafia-ally, which is a possibility with this result set but not worth worry about now).

Vector it must be then.
No, I'm actually pretty sure Vector's action is 100% accounted for (and Town as shit), and that sounds stupid, but the reason I'm sure about this is because of the mod error.  I'm pretty sure that Vector hands out Revives to their inspect target if they get Town.  I'm going super fucking meta, but I know Vector would pick this, because of fucking course they would.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 19, 2022, 09:41:30 am »

I would note Juicebox having a day block and using it on Nakeen would prevent Toony from being delayed as well.

... My question is thus, who's juicebox's partner in this scenario? Well, Juice having a dayblock is just odd in the first place, since it renders nightgame pointless against them. And can completely bypass my lylo-breaker. (If it ever comes online.) From a balance standpoint with so many guns about, a dayblock kills all of them.

checks. Yeah, this is a mess. I'm kinda leaning towards NJW being the scum partner, with a way to prevent being soaked/on fire. So our kills don't actually work on them. I'd like to nightkill juicebox with web, but with us being blocked or bussing occurring, that's not something we can do.

nin. posting.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 19, 2022, 09:42:15 am »

Unvote. Al of us missing stuff.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 19, 2022, 09:43:18 am »

NQT, get your bolts checked, already corrected myself that the one I targeted targeted Toony. Not web.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 19, 2022, 09:45:05 am »

What's juice's day 1 and night 1 status?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 19, 2022, 09:47:35 am »

Aye, yes, I can confirm your action is in accord with NJW and Jim's action. Somehow in copying over my big list a bunch of times although I put you in the confirmed category I left in the second sentence accidentally. Another small error I made in my hearty haste.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 113