Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58684 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #600 on: October 19, 2022, 05:58:16 am »

Protecting Web. And obtaining a extra vote, Which I have now. Ye TAP DANCING COCKROACH

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
KW is an idle whelk
« Reply #601 on: October 19, 2022, 06:07:21 am »

Aye and well done to you on that, but that's the night game, ye slinking brigmonkey. What were ye trying to achieve with your Tric vote? Arr, why leave it so late to do anything?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #602 on: October 19, 2022, 06:23:14 am »

Spoiler: Vote Counts At The End (click to show/hide)
I'm sure you blackhearted blaggards were thinking that just because I'm a pirate, I wouldn't do any wagon analysis. Well, ye sodden starfish, you've got another think coming.

ARGH, two hours before the end and this pack of idle wretches were snoozing their way to a travesty o' justice. NJW didn't even bother climbing out of his hammock. Now maybe he was on the nightwatch, up in the crowsnest, but he knew ahead of time he wouldn't be around and he could have cast his many votes. The bloated jellyfish just decided to wash his hands of scumhunting.

Aye and Knightwing too thought he had better things to do than assist in the end of the day. Do I think he's a villain for that? Nay, he's but a green cabin boy who has yet to learn the ways of the sea, Nakéen also might have this excuse (but there's not many real suspects and they're high on the list and all.)

Vector, Web and Max were all on ship at the end of the day, fretting over the tie. Why didn't any of them break it onto Juice? Max is clear, Web was probably the night target. So what of Vector? When Juice flips scum, that mathematical picaroon may be next in the dock, mark my words...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 19, 2022, 06:28:58 am »

TricMagic, a point o' clarification: did ye find out NJW's intended target or their actual target? And how do you know the wretch is town on top of watching them? That sounds mighty powerful for a poxy boatswain who also has claimed dread dragon powers too.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 19, 2022, 06:52:42 am »

TolyK, aye, it did strike me as mighty convenient that Boatswain TricMagic has the very same role that matches the flavour o' the match, perhaps he submitted it to match the game, savvy? And perhaps he wasn't the only one... Did you ever spill yer special information on dragons?
Could be, or could be an incomplete role name (e.g., "Puff the Magic Dragon" or "The SpaceX Dragon Capsule").

I don't think I really spilled much, except that dragon dragons seem to get stronger if they're the last alive, which Webadict seemed to confirm.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 19, 2022, 07:05:08 am »

Well... Town!Max narrows things down.

Someone did a magic on me during D1. Claim please.

Important claim please read:
I bus drove myself with Jim last night.
Anyone initially targetting me targetted them last night and vice versa.

Okay, well, my action succeeded, so NJW2000 should've died but did not, so either someone targeted NJW2000, OR NJW2000 is immune to being Soaked?  That's the only way to avoid the kill.
Nah, I just bus drove myself with Jim.

Was pretty sure there was scum in you, Toony and Max, and I don't think any of you would ever NK me, so I figured I'd try to protect Jim.

Okay, well, my action succeeded, so NJW2000 should've died but did not, so either someone targeted NJW2000, OR NJW2000 is immune to being Soaked?  That's the only way to avoid the kill.
... Really?

Anyway it's late, but have info. NJW is town and targeted you last night. I targeted them last night. Zzx.
Sorry Tric, you targeted Jim. I didn't target Web. How strong a confirm is this, btw?

Spoiler: a note for NQT (click to show/hide)

Anyway: want some actually worthwhile wagon analysis? Roden was obviously town, I could tell this, EuchreJack could tell this, TricMagic could tell this. The bar can't be all that high.

There's scum on that wagon. And town players, who should feel bad about themselves. But also scum. And I'm going to find them.

Vector, Web and Max were all on ship at the end of the day, fretting over the tie. Why didn't any of them break it onto Juice? Max is clear, Web was probably the night target. So what of Vector? When Juice flips scum, that mathematical picaroon may be next in the dock, mark my words...
This bit is so wrong I'm going to address it outside the spoiler. For one thing, Web may have been the night target, or he may not have, but there's no probably here, even if KW is to be believed. For another, you seem to be using knowledge you've (vaguely) claimed to have gained tonight to assess people's choices yesterday. You haven't proven Juicebox looked worse than Roden at the end of the day, or even stated that you're making that assumption. You're certainly not scumreading many of the people on Roden, that's for sure.

You may be a pirate, but you're still getting called out for poor reasoning.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 19, 2022, 07:17:34 am »

Uh... Not buying that NJW, you still should have been soaked.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2022, 07:19:14 am »

Also Jim would've died

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 19, 2022, 07:24:06 am »

I know for a fact NJW is lying

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 19, 2022, 07:28:57 am »

My effect only applies to single targeting actions, if that's relevant.

But I think you're scum anyhow, especially with high-certainty claims like that, so would love to thunderdome.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
NJW has a lot of gall for a festering bucket of bilgewater
« Reply #610 on: October 19, 2022, 07:38:31 am »

Arr, this redirection business is a right pickle and there's no mistake. Assuming truth telling for now, it be this web o' actions. Here's the map to the booty alright:

Outstanding mysteries:
- So how did TricMagic and Euchrejack get soaked?
- Why was Jim on fire?
- Jim is confirmed to give Toony an item, so he didn't target Web, so is TricMagic lying about the inspect result? Or is NJW lying about the bus?
- Why didn't Nakeen's delay do anything?

Probably some of the discrepancies be scum lies, some are unexplained power/role interactions, and some be due to whatever our matey Max did on N2. Anyone got any more insight here?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 19, 2022, 07:43:08 am »

My effect only applies to single targeting actions, if that's relevant.

But I think you're scum anyhow, especially with high-certainty claims like that, so would love to thunderdome.
"the guy who was targeted by the mafiakill is mafia"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
NJW is clearly in cahoots with Juicebox, the lying dog.
« Reply #612 on: October 19, 2022, 07:43:37 am »

FURTHERMORE, the point you seem to be missing Master NJW is that ye didn't use your vote. Tolyk and Vector were asleep half the bleeding day and they still managed to cast a vote. Only you decided to be so useless. How in the blue blazes did you intend to catch scum with that extreme lackadaisical approach, ay?

Juicebox is scum, which we will see later today when the wretched cur flips. And SO with that in mind, thinking about how people acted when the dog was dangling on the edge of the plank makes a lot of sense, no? What's wrong with me reasoning there?

More to the point, NJW, who do ye think is lying out of Tricmagic, and Jim+Toony. Admit it, you've been caught with your pantaloons down!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 19, 2022, 07:45:25 am »

Avast Toony! Are ye waiting until that tub of unfermented apple mush makes his claim?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 19, 2022, 07:45:48 am »

YO HO AHOY!

Avast ye scurvy dogs. You may have thought me metal counterpart was a soft touch. Well that's all done, because I'm the captain here now! And there's going to be a reckoning!

You scum-sucking sons of the whelks made that rodent walk the plank. What a waste of daylight. Anyone with even a basic sense of villainy should have seen that there were at least three better choices...

BUT first...

JUICEBOX you snivelling treacherous cur! TELL ME WHO YOU TRIED TO MURDER LAST NIGHT OR I'LL RUN YOU THROUGH WITH MY CUTLASS HERE AND NOW!

Aye Aye Captain Sir!

I didn't attempt to murder anybody captain. I did target NJW and Nakeen with my two actions, however.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 113