Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58632 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #540 on: October 16, 2022, 01:56:05 am »

Emergency EOD Tie Breaker Protocol Activated

${Roden}

Ejection In Bound

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 16, 2022, 01:58:10 am »

Not super happy with Roden's activity up to where he disappeared, but between the two I think juicebox is the likelier scum candidate.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 16, 2022, 01:58:18 am »

Hm, well, okay. Are scum entirely contained in {Roden, TolyK, EuchreJack, TricMagic, Knightwing64, Nakéen, NJW2000}?
... probably not. We'll see.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 16, 2022, 01:59:24 am »

I don't think it's Tric or Euchre

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 16, 2022, 02:02:09 am »

The gathered avatars first achieve a three-way tie, then a two-way tie. Your tail shudders in irritation, a soft growl under your breath. But eventually, and thankfully, some consensus is achieved. The sleepy-looking Roden avatar is selected. The votes accumulate, and rest firmly in place by the deadline.

Quote from: Voting Board, Now Alphabetized

EuchreJack (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (1): TolyK
Knightwing64 (0):
Maximum Spin (1): Roden
Nakéen (0):
NJW2000 (2): EuchreJack, TricMagic
notquitethere (0):
Roden (7): webadict, Vector, Maximum Spin, juicebox, ToonyMan, Jim Groovester, notquitethere
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (1): Knightwing64
Vector (0):
webadict (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting: NJW2000, NJW2000, Nakéen

8 to hammer.

The mindshackled scribe marks down every vote, and then the deadline comes, and it is settled.

Roden's avatar is instantly struck by a bolt of death. He collapses, and you watch as he dies. No dragon has been harmed, but by the death of this avatar, he is - most likely - out of the great game of FBYOR. Now to see if you made the right choice, you think.

By the law of FBYOR, the true natures and powers of those fallen must be revealed. In rare situations this revelation may be obscured partly or wholly, but never falsified, for the falsification or such things is considered 'bastard', and must never be done.

The truth is written for all to see.

Roden's alignment was Town.

Interesting. Perhaps you are glad - or perhaps saddened.

The truth continues to be revealed, though, and you eagerly pay attention.

Roden's role was Happy Mask Salesman.

Happy Mask Salesman (town):
(Night) Bind Spirit [target]: You craft a new Mask! This ability may target a dead player, and only resolves successfully if you do so. You bind the spirit of the fallen player to a mask. They may no longer be revived from the dead, and you gain a Mask Item ability corresponding with their role. A player that you have already made a Mask from will not grant you a Mask if you use this ability on them again.
(Auto) Mask Reclamation: While you are alive, a Mask Item ability that would be dropped upon a player’s death is instead returned to your role. You’re hardly willing to let your precious masks be wasted.
(Auto) Saleswork: You may bypass the two normal Item limits of “being unable to give away an Item the Phase you got it” and “being unable to give away more than one Item per Day” for Mask Item abilities only.

The lights dim. Your avatar has been assigned a bedroom, much like the remaining avatars. There are thirteen of you, now.

Night 1 has begun. Please submit your actions via PM or alignment-confirmed private chat by 5 PM Monday.

(Yes, I extended the time a bit past 24 hours, but there's basically no chance I can resolve a Night at 3 AM before a work day. Not in a fourteen (now thirteen) player game.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:49:38 am by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Processing night actions. Do not post until I start the Day.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your avatars return, marching in one by one, ensorcelled humans bound by the wills of those much mightier - dragons such as you.

It becomes soon clear that Maximum Spin has not returned with the rest of those playing, and the worst is expected... and proven.

Maximum Spin is found, a crossbow bolt sticking into his avatar's heart.

The requisite investigations are conducted, and as the scribes disclose their information, now unbound by Spin's death, you learn the tale of a neutral judge, an investigator, and above all, one of the majority.

Maximum Spin was Town.

Maximum Spin's role was "A Heart Full Of Neutrality".

“A Heart Full Of Neutrality” (town):
(Auto) Steady Heartbeat: Your heartbeat is steady, unwavering, unshakeable, unchangeable. Your alignment cannot be changed, your action targets cannot be changed, and your non-Item abilities cannot be Disabled.
(Night) A Fair Arbiter [target]: You judge your target fairly. If and only if they successfully killed another player this Night, you learn their alignment. Otherwise, you do not.
(1-Shot, Night) Heartthrob - Neutral Ending [target]: You link your heartbeat to your target’s, and give them the Heartbound Status.
(1-Shot, Day) Speak From The Heart: You bear your heart, and reveal your unbiased justice. You reveal and mod-confirm your alignment publicly. At the end of the next Day after the execution, your heart gives out under the strain, and you are killed.
(Reference) (Status) Heartbound: Your heart beats in synch. If you are killed, the same kill also affects Maximum Spin. If Maximum Spin is killed, the same kill also affects you.

As you all sit down, it becomes eminently clear that several among you are... soaking wet.

TricMagic, Knightwing64, Nakéen, Jim Groovester, and EuchreJack are all Soaked.

Quote from: Voting Board, Now Alphabetized

EuchreJack (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (0):
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (0):
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting: EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, juicebox, Knightwing64, Knightwing64, Nakéen, NJW2000, NJW2000, notquitethere, TolyK, ToonyMan, TricMagic, Vector, webadict

8 to hammer.

Day 2 begins now. Day 2 will end Friday, October 21st, at 8 PM Central time, or upon a hammer vote. You may now post.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #547 on: October 18, 2022, 07:39:16 pm »

Dragon Deez Walnuts

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 18, 2022, 07:47:16 pm »

It seems unlikely Max used their Heartthrob one-shot last night as another player would have died with them.

I'm unsure how much I should claim about last night.

Things that I will claim right now:

1. I targeted Webadict.
2. I think at least three players targeted me.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 18, 2022, 07:49:01 pm »

HAH

Sorry Max.

But HAH

I knew web was going to get targeted.

I’m so smart. Somebody tried to kill web, btw.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 18, 2022, 07:54:38 pm »

If I just saved Web from dying, and it turns out he was mafia, I’m going to cry.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 18, 2022, 07:57:14 pm »

Do you know for sure someone tried to kill him?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 18, 2022, 08:00:37 pm »

Do you know for sure someone tried to kill him?

Yeahhh?

My action was to make everything that targeted Web, target Max instead.

So if max is dead, somebody tried to hit Web with a kill action.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 18, 2022, 08:01:46 pm »

Which, now that I think on it, places you in suspicion.

Toonyman

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 18, 2022, 08:04:26 pm »

Yeahhh?

My action was to make everything that targeted Web, target Max instead.

So if max is dead, somebody tried to hit Web with a kill action.
Aaah I see, now that makes more sense. This doesn't necessarily mean Web was the kill target, but it's possible.

I watched Web last night so I may know everyone who targeted Max...anybody want to talk about it?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 113