Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58479 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #375 on: October 15, 2022, 05:49:14 pm »

Generated Questions
Question batch...006.

Juicebox - [DEMAND] Vote.
KnightWing - [DEMAND] Vote.
Roden - Do you intend to join one of the main wagons today?
TolyK - [IMPORTANT][ROLE FISHING] Do you have any kill powers? IF not, THEN this unit can whitelist you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2022, 05:50:13 pm »

I've technically caught up on reading everything but still probably not going to be able to do a big post for a while (not that anybody read them anyway since lots of people forgot to answer questions I had for them). Typing this out on my phone was such an unbelievable pain in the ass.

Why is NJW2000 offensive? He seems fine on my read through.
The biggest thing to me is an adamant take on TolyK being scum, but I'd also state that he was a main proponent of claiming that I was overdefensive of TricMagic.  He also had a terrible readslist that included ToonyMan without really engaging him.

Overall I am wary of wuba, because too many cards on the table from the front and those who have agreed with him - could be an agreed semi-lie. I mostly trust Jim for some reason (kinda uninterested?), like NQT bot speak but that's just personal bias.

Oh yeah, I'm currently a Miller as a fake devil, but I can change that if needed (but I can't do the hrlpful role modifying thing).

PPE: lol. It's different kinds of dragon roles. Eevee has a Dragon evolution (or is supposed to get one soon, idk). I know about a dragon role who cares about being the only dragon left, without it actually being a thing. And it just makes the other ability stronger.
Um... Eevee doesn't have a Dragon evolution, nor is it getting one any evolutions in the new game.

I'm not sure what of mine is a semi-lie, but if you'd like to explain, I'm willing to dispute that.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2022, 05:50:26 pm »

Don't remember who aimed dragon role first. Eevee was an odd one to claim, i think wuba is either super town or doing really big brain plays with his scum partner(s). It explains knowledge of lots of mechanics, which do not contadict any other knowledge... But I don't get why to (1) play the cards so quickly and (2) bandwagon so blatantly.

I don't think I've paid too much attention to much else, which is why I wanted to reread. Hopefully I'll get to before day end.

PPE: No kill powers at all. Unless someone gives me some, lol.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 15, 2022, 05:50:34 pm »

ToonyMan, are you baiting again?
TolyK has revealed information that could be critically important so I want to test their logic with my own reasoning. This reasoning is that other players sending roles that are dragon-themed is unlikely, therefore this puts into question whether TolyK is just making stuff up to stay alive. Their response leads me to believe they are not making stuff up and are being honest.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 15, 2022, 05:51:12 pm »

TolyK, you really should have led with that early.

And yeah, can confirm that info.

... You really should have led with that. Claiming miller this late is just bad.

Very annoyed with you right now TolyK. As a Dragon, Fal's given me restrictions on what I can do. I can develop new abilities as time goes on, and if all the other dragons die, I can pick a Breaker for Lylo. I decided to start the day by picking a cop ability. I've also got roleblock, doctor, and bulletproof. Doctor's the only one that actually cures status effects, including on fire. (It can also heal myself if they're On Fire at the time.)

Ninjas.

NINJAS.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 15, 2022, 05:52:43 pm »

This also answer's Roden's question on why I was listing negatives, the positives are a big benefit.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 15, 2022, 05:54:52 pm »

Okay, so I guess ToonyMan probably just spilled 3p or didn't read his role. Or at least didn't read the first four words of the first post. Or any of the other flavour.

PPE: No kill powers at all. Unless someone gives me some, lol.
Actually, I want to add: does anyone want to claim having one?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 15, 2022, 05:56:40 pm »

Does Reflecting a kill count as a kill Action?

Asking for a friend.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 15, 2022, 05:57:23 pm »

Does Reflecting a kill count as a kill Action?

Asking for a friend.
Not for my purposes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 15, 2022, 05:59:41 pm »

Okay, then yes, I technically have one, but it involves specific conditions that I'm not going to reveal.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 15, 2022, 06:02:34 pm »

TolyK, you really should have led with that early.

And yeah, can confirm that info.

... You really should have led with that. Claiming miller this late is just bad.

Very annoyed with you right now TolyK. As a Dragon, Fal's given me restrictions on what I can do. I can develop new abilities as time goes on, and if all the other dragons die, I can pick a Breaker for Lylo. I decided to start the day by picking a cop ability. I've also got roleblock, doctor, and bulletproof. Doctor's the only one that actually cures status effects, including on fire. (It can also heal myself if they're On Fire at the time.)

Ninjas.

NINJAS.
Yeah, sorry. Was not sure how important Dragon info was (easy to check for liars, for example). Miller was a status i can get rid of, and willingly took as a drawback for current abilities (pregame action and restriction). I can layer change it, which I was planning. Anyways, was not expecting to be a point of contention D1, but apparently it got to that. Not sure what happens if I die, so just giving out info just in case. Probably not too useful to Mafia as of yet,so probably safe even if I survive.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 15, 2022, 06:03:48 pm »

Sounds to me like TolyK and Tric are both these special "dragons", which is how TolyK knows this information that Tric is confirming. There is probably at least one other dragon that has remained quiet if I had to guess.

Okay, so I guess ToonyMan probably just spilled 3p or didn't read his role. Or at least didn't read the first four words of the first post. Or any of the other flavour.
I've already made clear I know the OP since I talked about it before in the thread, but you missed that.

No, nowhere in my role flavor does it say I'm a dragon and I'm town so your theory is shot. I may be a dragon to fit in with the thread flavor and OP, but I can confirm it's not explicitly stated in every role since it's not in mine.

On a reread one of my role abilities has the word "Tiamat" in it, but it's a phrase that is basically replacing the word "Oh my God" with "Oh my Tiamat". I made no note of it since I didn't care and I usually think of Tiamat as a goddess and not a dragon.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2022, 06:06:23 pm »

Chart_005: Current Votes

Chart_005 Analysis
- ToonyMan went from voting EuchreJack to explicitly sheeping his vote.
- NJW2000 is the primary ejection candidate.
- Six players are not currently voting.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2022, 06:09:37 pm »

Well, while late, it's about enough for Toly.. Today anyway, though wouldn't mind those cases.

Webaict, can we get a Mamabo?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 15, 2022, 06:14:54 pm »

Searching for "Eevee dragon evolution" gave me info that it's the "last possible evolution they can add in future games" or something like that. Anyways seemed plausible that could be added by Fallacy. I remember Jolteon and purple and dark and fire and water variations from the early games. So my guess was that you would have one, given Dragon is a pokemon type.

Im guessing one of the scum is one of the Dragons, unless all town are dragons and scum aren't.

For the record I'm not a dragon at the moment, but I have some info about dragon roles in general.

OK, thinking a bit more, Wuba either really bad or really good. Not willing to vote, but extra scrutiny.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 113