Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58423 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #255 on: October 14, 2022, 08:06:33 pm »

Multiple minor reasons.

One, Max was mafia a little bit ago, making it unlikely for them to be mafia again.

I have a good feeling about them, doesn’t feel like scum Max to me, it feels different.

You get it?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2022, 08:09:44 pm »

One, Max was mafia a little bit ago, making it unlikely for them to be mafia again.
Hahahahahaha

Haha

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I have a good feeling about them, doesn’t feel like scum Max to me, it feels different.
You get it?
Yes. No. Maybe.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2022, 08:18:40 pm »

Since there seem to be some votes on TolyK, let's look at TolyK.

TolyK has a post restriction and is not technically part of the game.

Actually, Fallacy said anyone with a setup ability can't post until they submit their setup instruction, so that would in fact be a post restriction. But if that is the case, what did Tolyk do?

TolyK apparently knows items exist, but doesn't have one Then inquires as to whether anyone has an ability they really really really don't like, later clarifying that they don't care about the names but rather whether the other player has something they'd like to get rid of.
Seems to imply ability destruction rather than suppression.

TolyK notes their posting restriction has been fulfilled, for now...

TolyK further describes his ability as voluntary-swap with option of dumping the swapped ability.

TolyK acknowledges reciept of the Demand for assessment of at least three players

And there we are.  I can see one or two people voting TolyK to force that demand through, but I can hardly see that being cause for a wagon at this stage of the game, with End of Day being Sunday.

Note that double-voter NJW2000 is voting.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2022, 08:19:18 pm »

@NJW2000: Does your double-vote only work today, or throughout the game?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2022, 08:35:36 pm »

Voters of TolyK:
TricMagic first voted, then changed to ToonyMan, then back to TolyK. Like a Jester, went from First Vote to Third Voter. I love you Tric.  :P
NJW2000 used his double vote on TolyK. Pressure Vote, presumably.
NQT's computer told it to vote TolyK. Since NQT had an assignment for TolyK, this seems to be in response to that.
Web couldn't live with himself if he missed a promising bandwagon, and so voted TolyK. Web has since recalled that vote, probably to stop the hammer.
Jim hates playing Forum Mafia, so voted TolyK to end the day faster. Or more likely, Jim wanted to see what would happen. Jim likes decisiveness and action.

Jim & NJW2000 seem the most suspicious out of those voters, although NQT's computer might be hacking my system.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2022, 08:38:02 pm »

@Jack:
How about Roden?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2022, 08:40:26 pm »

@Jack:
How about Roden?
Not feeling Roden.
"I'm being mislynched!! MISLYNCHED!!!! They're framing me again, you all see it, right RIGHT?!"
...is town!Roden.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2022, 08:43:48 pm »

I keep forgetting Lunchbox, oh I mean juicebox exists.
@juicebox: What do YOU think of the TolyK wagon?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2022, 08:44:35 pm »

Hey Web, any chance we can get a lurker tracker too please?

It would make our lives a bit easier

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 - Less Bad Than Before (3 / 9+, preferably 13+)
« Reply #264 on: October 14, 2022, 08:45:23 pm »

INDRAGON, We Dragon.
Oh, I missed this.  Tric apparently decided hiding his role was beyond his abilities before the game even started.
Know Thyself, Tric.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2022, 08:46:23 pm »

Hey Web, any chance we can get a lurker tracker too please?

It would make our lives a bit easier

Web had one cobbled together last game, but might be too busy building a competitor to NQT.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2022, 08:47:27 pm »

@Jack:
How about Roden?
Not feeling Roden.
"I'm being mislynched!! MISLYNCHED!!!! They're framing me again, you all see it, right RIGHT?!"
...is town!Roden.
I agree.

INDRAGON, We Dragon.
Oh, I missed this.  Tric apparently decided hiding his role was beyond his abilities before the game even started.
Know Thyself, Tric.
Yeah, also the OP literally starts with "ur a dragon" or something.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 14, 2022, 08:51:43 pm »

@Jack:
How about Roden?
Not feeling Roden.
...is town!Roden.
I agree.

INDRAGON, We Dragon.
Know Thyself, Tric.
Yeah, also the OP literally starts with "ur a dragon" or something.
Yes, we're all dragons, hence why I think Tric's actual role is Mr. Redundant.
But hey...DRAGONS ARE COOLZ

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 14, 2022, 08:54:50 pm »

By the way, does anyone happen to have an ability they really really really don't like?
Quick TolK, use Disable!

@TolyK: Since you don't speak Tricanese, you probably didn't realize that Tric was taking you up on your offer. I barely understood it myself, so I don't blame you.

@Tric: Could you confirm that you'd like TolyK to remove your Kill Everything With Fire ability? Then maybe you don't need to vote TolyK?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 14, 2022, 09:50:23 pm »

BUG REPORT (cont)
011 "You seem to be hunting for criticisable behaviour. "
Issuer: MaximumSpin
Report: Criticisable behaviour is apparently different from scum behaviour and so this unit is not sufficiently scumhunting.
Response: 1. It is early on Day One of this match, there is very little evidence to process. 2. Scum often disengage, attacking players on engagement issues is pro-game and catches scum. 3. If this was your real reason for voting this unit, you would be voting any of the many other players who have performed 0% hunting.

012 "Couple this with the use of this "high-effort" posting style that makes you seem engaged while actually only adding meaningless filler,"
Issuer: MaximumSpin
Report: This unit's personality module allows the illusion of activity.
Response: I am a robot.

Generated Questions
Question batch...005.

Jim Groovester - Your previous report stated Roden's vote on Tric was bad. Roden's vote has now changed. Which user has the worst vote in the game?
Juicebox - TricMagic thinks Toony's constant fakeclaims are scummy. What is your analysis?
Knightwing64 - Who is the least scummy user currently?
NJW2000 - Toony and Webadict are high volume users. Are there any signs you scan for to ascertain if they are scum?

I think they're just as alignment indicative as Web's, which is to say slightly townish. It's a common town tactic of theirs to muddle info so that it's harder for scum to tell who they should be targeting. One of his claims would have been hilarious if true, for reasons I may reveal later in the day.

I'm currently leaning town on Tric, Web, Max, and Jack, Toony, and Jim.  I'm leaning neutral on Roden, and NJW,  I need to see more from Knightwing, Nakeen, and of course Vector, and I'm currently leaning scum on NQT and TolyK.

TolyK hasn't said very much, and what they have said hasn't contributed very much to the gamestate. They've claimed an disabling ability but hasn't really contributed much beyond that. I get the feeling that the low activity may be due to being busy, but I feel like they've had enough time to form some opinion about the game, even if it's not a particularly in depth one.

I'm okay with the TolyK wagon, but I don't want to join it until they've had a chance to come back on and say something.

NQT has been a bit more active than TolyK, but I still feel as though they're activelurking. Most of their questions have been of a general sort, and they haven't really pushed on anyone at all. I feel as though they're trying to make it look as though they're engaging without really engaging.

While I do think that Roden's has had some flawed reasoning, I do like the way that they've been engaging so far.

NJW has made some good points, but I have a gut feeling that something's not right about them.

Web and Toony are both exhibiting behaviors that I've seen from them in previous town games.

I'm leaning town on Tric because looking at the evidence that Web gave for them being town it makes sense.

Max has been making some good posts, they given some good reads and even had a nice response to NQT's question.

Jim, is hard to read as ever, but my gut is saying that they're town right now.

NJW: Have you been able to form any reads based on what you've seen since your last post? What's your opinion on NQT right now?

NQT: Who is your top scumpick and why?

Nakeen: I understand that you may be busy and not have much time to post, but you need to make at least a little bit of effort to contibute to the game. You can start by answering NQT's question to you (quoted below for easy access) and then maybe your thoughts on the game so far.

Spoiler: NQT's question (click to show/hide)

Roden: Do you think Max is scum? If not, then who do you suspect?

Knightwing:

This is called the Gambler's fallacy. As denoted by the name, this is faulty logic, and shouldn't be used to make a case that someone's not scum.

Do you have reads on anyone other than Max?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 113