Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58911 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #915 on: October 21, 2022, 05:18:54 am »

@Fallacy:  Would we know if Maximum Spin was Soaked?
Forgot this earlier. Yes.

Quote from: Voting Board, Now Alphabetized

EuchreJack (1): ToonyMan
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (1): Vector
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (0):
TolyK (1): EuchreJack
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (7): NJW2000, NJW2000, TricMagic, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Nakéen, webadict

No Execution (0):
Not Voting: juicebox, Knightwing64, notquitethere, TolyK

8 to hammer.

webadict eagerly and with a strange form of glee places the seventh vote upon himself. Moments pass, then minutes, then hours, as you wait for his death to arrive.

Eventually, Most Elder pokes his head into the room and reminds you all that the current number of votes required to trigger a hammer is eight, not seven. To trigger a hammer, the majority of all votes must be placed on a single player, and seven votes is half the votes - not a majority.

In the absence of a hammer, the Day will end today - October 21st - at 8 PM Central time, in approximately 15 hours time.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 21, 2022, 05:22:08 am »

Oh.

I have to manually double vote.

HA

WEB

YOU THOUGHT

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 21, 2022, 05:29:38 am »

Arr, now that be funny!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 21, 2022, 05:38:41 am »

Arr, but we may assume that Webadict truly does have a revive as he earlier blustered about. Optimistically, a loyal crewman Web with a revive might use this as a ploy to save EuchreJack who he deems misaligned by his own machinations... and if Web flips town then he'd be saving someone in the process. Arr, that be the hopeful interpretation.

The less hopeful interpretation be that he's a foul mutineer who has wanted to suck up all the discussion on himself to save his hapless plotters.

Tis a frightful mess.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 21, 2022, 06:30:56 am »

And as mysterious as it be, it's damned informative how this all went. It's an unforced error, aye, Web wanted to walk the plank. Earlier he said his roleflip would tell the tale (dead men be surprisingly informative on these high seas), thar be a slip, he expected ta die today.

Maybe he is scum and his team mate needed to be the one that lived. Especially if he has a revive without a flip.

EuchreJack, you're extremely lackadaisical about this whole thing. Taking the lies as a funny jape, and not something that almost got you ejected. What do you think Web's plan o' action was here?

And for that matter, what's to explain about me charts? They're all straightforward enough, even for a non-navigator.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 21, 2022, 07:09:58 am »

:|

And I had a whole post and everything. Well, okay.
Let loose my friend.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 21, 2022, 07:24:25 am »

I mean, I really hope web's scum after that... otherwise he basically stopped a couple of people playing and sabotaged town for little reason

unvote unvote though, I'm not 100% and I don't fancy letting him control the elim.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 21, 2022, 08:14:07 am »

Unvote. Webadict's alignment is revealed, Chaotic Evil. This was premeditated to suck up the entire day. To what purpose we have to find out, but we don't have much time to do it in.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 21, 2022, 08:14:29 am »

Unvote, darned redtexts.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 21, 2022, 08:21:01 am »

I'm somewhat in favor of voting out TolyK with the knowledge that his gift is to make a kill unblockable. Which doesn't actually help unless Toony is a vigilante. If anything it actively works against town, since we're the ones with protective roles. Doesn't help it when people get bussed or redirected at all. Webadict's mostly relied on...

(pirate speak device o' translation): Arr ye landlubber! I thought somethin' been off, ye've been buildin' a town core the entire time. Most o' us be town, but there's one person who ye 'aven't argued with yet. Toonyman themselves! ye two always argue when ye be on opposite sides, what's changed!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 21, 2022, 08:34:36 am »

Read the entire post Tric:
I resolved TolyK's choice and the result was very good. It's actually similar to Jim's nuts but I can also use it to make a kill action piercing. Jim should know what the other thing is since it's basically the same thing he gave me. Jim and TolyK should not reveal what this other ability is.

I think TolyK is very likely to be town or third-party here, not mafia. Their ability basically makes a townie very good, or gives scum the ability to bypass protections. This strikes me as a not mafia role and balanced in the fact that TolyK has to risk making a mafia very powerful instead of a townie if they whiff.
The kill piercing is the other half of the ability. That part of the gift is completely useless to me because I have no kill.

The beneficial part I can actually use is very good for town. Jim and TolyK have both given me very power item (Jim) or ability (TolyK) of their own free will, well mostly for Jim since I was choosing his possible targets heh.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 21, 2022, 08:42:22 am »

So, we should vote you out instead?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 21, 2022, 08:42:37 am »

Maybe he is scum and his team mate needed to be the one that lived. Especially if he has a revive without a flip.

EuchreJack, you're extremely lackadaisical about this whole thing. Taking the lies as a funny jape, and not something that almost got you ejected. What do you think Web's plan o' action was here?
I agree that he genuinely asked for those votes... it looked like a self-hammer to shut down discussion, stop Vector or TolyK contributing much, etc. One question though:

Without a revive or similar heavily mechanical considerations, do you ever see scum!Web sacrifice themselves for scum!EuchreJack?

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I see town!Web sacrificing themselves for EuchreJack either.

Hm... I think the key question now is whether or not Web genuinely thought they were going to die when they kicked this whole thing off. Need to know their motivation. Was it ending the day, a mad gambit to look town by trying to hammer themselves, etc?

This day has been tiresome.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 21, 2022, 08:52:28 am »

So, we should vote you out instead?

Anyway, Webadict does say he can Soak someone along with three other targets:
My Soak action is supposed to Soak anyone that targets my Soak target plus three other people I target (because fuck me, my actions suck, that's why).  I targeted NJW but got Bussed, and I assume that the Bussing doesn't count for Soaking, but I'll ask Fallacy just in case.  TricMagic getting Soaked now makes sense, since he targeted Jim, so that one's solved.  EuchreJack getting Soaked doesn't unless EuchreJack also targeted Jim.
I'm not sure why he hides the Jack soak here while also admitting he can target three people besides NJW/Jim. If I had caught this post the first time I may have noticed that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 21, 2022, 09:01:17 am »

Yarr there be a lot of traps set now. Scum will try to kill one of us tonight, and when they do, they'll cascade a series of confirmations.

Avast! It be one o the rare times that an info-plankwalk be somewhat justified on first mate EuchreJack.

---

NJW, there definitely be more than meets the eye here. But I can't see a situation where a scum-Web dies for a town-EuchreJack. So flipping EuchreJack is probably the more useful choice.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 113