Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58845 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #825 on: October 20, 2022, 12:40:58 pm »

That sounds like bullshit

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 20, 2022, 12:43:43 pm »

Arr, here be the stats o post count up to and including today:

webadict - 63
notquitethere - 44
ToonyMan - 41
TricMagic - 24
EuchreJack - 17
Knightwing64 - 14
NJW2000 - 14
juicebox - 13
Jim Groovester - 12
Vector - 10
TolyK - 10
Nakeen - 7

Aye indeed the most quiet 3 were also the lowest posters on the first day. Arr... quality be not the same as quantity, but I have long observed that the most engaged players are usually not scum.

Wew, I at least thought KnightWing or Vector were behind me in the ladder. I will probably keep last place, I can't imagine posting to pad the count. And the less filler the better. The clock is ticking though and I won't be able to create an effort post until a while at least, but I will be able to answer questions.

Quick question to other players, has there been a case of a lunatic role that changes alignment every Day/Night cycle? Also I would love to get more info about the dragons because I'm not one, but I feel like it will just make us run in the wrong direction.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 20, 2022, 01:26:25 pm »

That sounds like bullshit
Arr, I decided to check the last game to see if the theory still held water or whether it were a leaky vessel.

Arr, and what I found were very interesting. The pattern more closely followed the classic 3-roles (I mentioned earlier). You had me as the power wolf, throwing out votes everywhere, Persus blending in the middle o the pack, and Hector sleeping in the crows nest. If we applied the same pattern to this game, it'd give us a scum team like Web/Jack/Vector.

Interesting though, it gives us something of a meta read on some of the crew here. Aye, I'll go into that soon, but I have to nip to the shops for me grog n' ship's biscuits.

Until next time, yo ho ahoy!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 20, 2022, 02:03:55 pm »

Arr but briefly, while I be standing in the frozen veg aisle and have this to mind: the last game needn't disprove the theory in general, as "Votes-NQT is an outlier", not to mention the progenitor of this school o' thought...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 20, 2022, 02:10:24 pm »

And you haven't named a game with a vigkill claimed by the Mafia because there isn't one.  Any game with Mafia having an extra kill is never claimed, including the only game I had an extra kill as Mafia in Sup10 that wasn't claimed.  Because there's no point in claiming it as Mafia.
You're repeatedly and I think intentionally ignoring the possibility that you are mafia with the scumkill. Mafia can lie. They can also kill, so can claim a kill action. Also, you did not demonstrate an extra kill, and while there is a mechanical explanation for this, I don't think there's proof you have one. It would be unusual for you to claim a vig kill as scum, but your scum game is unusual.

I am not going to rule out the possibility that you're scum just because you repeatedly yell that I should.

Please stop bothering me with this. You clearly have time for it, but I do not.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 20, 2022, 02:26:07 pm »

@NJW:
Web claims soaking a bunch of people and roleblocking me. Nobody has counter claimed and I can confirm both these things have happened. So while it's possible Web killed still I don't think they shot Max with a crossbow while also soaking people and blocking me (via Shock? Can Web explain what exactly roleblocked me because that was no shock) the same night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 20, 2022, 02:35:40 pm »

Sorry, did a lunch break.  Back to doing very little while combing through the thread and eventually finishing that reads list.  When I get to it.

Not a lot to be said there! I'm happy to drop anchor in Vector's port, so to speak, while we await the goods.
I don't think it's Vector unless the Revive itself has other Actions tied to it or the Mafia have ways to shoot through it, which, like, possible.  Vector isn't known to give me free things, as seen in MVM3.5, so my assumption is that their ability to give me stuff was tied to the inspect they claimed.  The best reasoning you could give is that the inspect is a cover for them giving me a Revive or that the Revive actually is a cover for something negative.  Regardless, I'm not willing to suspect them on that.

Overall, I don't see why you didn't jump on TolyK instead.  I understand skipping Nakeen, since he's been under scrutiny here, but TricMagic and EuchreJack bring up good reasons to go after him.

I'll drop mine in EuchreJack's instead.
Hmm... I'm not feeling EuchreJack yet.  There's some behavior that seems scummy, but I have a feeling that he doesn't know anything, given his conversation with ToonyMan, he'd be much more likely to join in with NJW2000 and vote me if he were scum unless you think he's scum with me.

I do think that TolyK is a good person to probe, though.

Arr assuming me count is correct (could we have an automated list o' D1 votes? Can Mamobo do that right?), this here be a list of the number of people each player serious voted (i.e. I ignored votes immediately rescinded in the same post, and RVS votes). Cast yer eye upon this:
I can do that, though it's not super organized, and I've been having some issues with Mamobo that I've been trying to fix in my spare time.

And you haven't named a game with a vigkill claimed by the Mafia because there isn't one.  Any game with Mafia having an extra kill is never claimed, including the only game I had an extra kill as Mafia in Sup10 that wasn't claimed.  Because there's no point in claiming it as Mafia.
You're repeatedly and I think intentionally ignoring the possibility that you are mafia with the scumkill. Mafia can lie. They can also kill, so can claim a kill action. Also, you did not demonstrate an extra kill, and while there is a mechanical explanation for this, I don't think there's proof you have one. It would be unusual for you to claim a vig kill as scum, but your scum game is unusual.

I am not going to rule out the possibility that you're scum just because you repeatedly yell that I should.

Please stop bothering me with this. You clearly have time for it, but I do not.
You said it was a possibility, which is true, but it's as easily dismissable if you have no cases proving your cases, especially when there are many cases disproving your case.  You only feel like it's true, just like you feel like claiming Miller is NAI and that you feel like scumtells are scummy.  There's significant evidence against what you're saying.

@NJW:
Web claims soaking a bunch of people and roleblocking me. Nobody has counter claimed and I can confirm both these things have happened. So while it's possible Web killed still I don't think they shot Max with a crossbow while also soaking people and blocking me (via Shock? Can Web explain what exactly roleblocked me because that was no shock) the same night.
My shock is a kill if the target is simultaneously Soaked and no one else targets them.  If neither of those happen, they basically get "electrified" and roleblock their target.  I don't get it, I didn't make the action, but that's how it works.  I neglected to explain that part because it would've been explained in my roleflip or the target would've been died.  I don't understand why it's convoluted, but those are my two strongest abilities.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 20, 2022, 02:42:51 pm »

I think TolyK's late miller claim is suspicious, however I feel they are working alone which makes them third-party at worst.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 20, 2022, 02:43:33 pm »

My shock is a kill if the target is simultaneously Soaked and no one else targets them.  If neither of those happen, they basically get "electrified" and roleblock their target.  I don't get it, I didn't make the action, but that's how it works.  I neglected to explain that part because it would've been explained in my roleflip or the target would've been died.  I don't understand why it's convoluted, but those are my two strongest abilities.

So, apparently Jim got Tri Attacked. Would a player know they got zapped?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 20, 2022, 02:55:23 pm »

I was targeted by Jim and did a faceplant flavorwise and got roleblocked. Nobody else claims getting roleblocked so the only other person Jim could have targeted would be Web onto Max, since I forced him to target either me, Web, Jack. Do I think Jim double actioned by giving me deez nuts and trying to kill Web? No, but I don't see how it's impossible.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 20, 2022, 02:59:51 pm »

Vote Tracker
------------------------
EuchreJack voted NJW2000 [#67]
Roden voted NJW2000 [#69]
juicebox voted Jim Groovester [#70]
notquitethere voted ToonyMan [#75]
ToonyMan voted Nakéen [#76]
webadict voted Roden [#77]
TricMagic voted TolyK [#105]
notquitethere voted TricMagic [#108]
Roden voted TricMagic [#150]
TricMagic voted juicebox [#157]
Maximum Spin voted notquitethere [#166]
webadict voted notquitethere [#167]
NJW2000 voted TolyK [#174]
Roden voted notquitethere [#191]
Roden voted Maximum Spin [#193]
notquitethere voted TolyK [#203]
juicebox unvoted [#204]
ToonyMan voted EuchreJack [#210]
TricMagic voted ToonyMan [#217]
webadict unvoted [#223]
TricMagic voted TolyK [#224]
webadict voted TolyK [#225]
Maximum Spin voted Roden [#240]
Jim Groovester voted TolyK [#246]
webadict voted Roden [#249]
EuchreJack voted juicebox [#262]
EuchreJack voted NJW2000 [#294]
Nakéen voted TolyK [#318]
TricMagic unvoted [#324]
notquitethere voted juicebox [#347]
ToonyMan voted NJW2000 [#348]
Maximum Spin voted NJW2000 [#350]
Jim Groovester unvoted [#364]
webadict voted NJW2000 [#368]
TricMagic voted juicebox [#392]
TricMagic voted NJW2000 [#396]
NJW2000 unvoted [#402]
juicebox voted NJW2000 [#410]
TolyK voted juicebox [#412]
Knightwing64 voted TricMagic [#417]
ToonyMan unvoted [#423]
Maximum Spin voted Jim Groovester [#437]
webadict voted Jim Groovester [#438]
webadict voted Roden [#460]
Vector voted Roden [#478]
Maximum Spin voted Roden [#486]
Jim Groovester voted juicebox [#488]
Nakéen unvoted [#502]
juicebox voted Roden [#508]
ToonyMan voted juicebox [#509]
ToonyMan voted Roden [#538]
Jim Groovester voted Roden [#539]
notquitethere voted Roden [#540]

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 20, 2022, 03:37:58 pm »

PFP

Finally got a little bit of down time today. I should be able to be more active later on tonight, and I'll also be able to get on my computer tonight. So as for NJW and Webadict, I think at least one of them is town, I don't think they both draw this much attention to themselves as w/w especially when Web's going to draw attention to themselves anyway.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 20, 2022, 03:47:02 pm »

Jack I'm not sure of at this point. Think I need to do a couple of rereads on them to get more of a feel for them.

Jim is also hard to get a feel for,  sometimes they don't seem very engaged, other times they're putting in posts with quite a bit of effort behind them.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 20, 2022, 03:58:00 pm »

Toony I like, this definitely seems like Town Toony trying to parse through all the BS that's happening.

Tric has been doing much the same thing they've been doing day 1, which along with the information from D1 is enough for me to townread them right now.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 20, 2022, 03:58:56 pm »

And I have to leave soon so that's it for right now, I'll post more as soon as I can.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 113