Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58681 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #630 on: October 19, 2022, 08:37:42 am »

Updated me treasure map. Surprisingly little changed.

- Nakeen's delay might have worked after all, if Toony was 'blocked' unless the message said otherwise?
- That cur Juicebox says that the ability targeting NJW was a day power triggered before any possible NJW bus, but NJW has yet to confirm this. Curious, aye?
- Juicebox has an unconfirmed failed actions. Also curious, aye?
- Juicebox has no night actions (freeing him up to slice our matey Max)
- Juicebox explictly and unequivocally claims not to have any kill. I know for a fact he does have a kill. Euchrejack confirms how I know this. Ispo bleeding facto, he's lying scum.

NQT really needs to read the thread and pay attention.
Go run yourself through with a rusty cutlass, I'm doing more to collate things than most.

Why'd you have nothing to say about Juicebox being outed as scum?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 19, 2022, 08:39:43 am »

@NJW: Then I'm scum with Vector because they inspected me as Town by your logic.

Buuuut, guaranteed that Knightwing proves you otherwise because you're grasping at any straws you want, lol.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 19, 2022, 08:45:44 am »

I think this is just a thunderdome... gunsmith result claim vs gun denied?

We kill Juicebox first if so. NQT invited this.

-
Everything Juicebox said about their day action on me is true. An ability hit me that gave me a choice between either telling the user one of my actions, or  not being able to use that action for the night. The action of mine it hit was indeed like a bus, but not the same action. I chose the former. This is a day action, so it doesn't clear them at night.

I said that above, but not clearly enough apparently.

Still kill them first. This doesn't make any odds with NQT's gunsmith result claim.
One wheel short of a wagon

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 19, 2022, 08:48:09 am »

Just spitballing, but... how likely are we to trust our own claims regarding inspection results? There were at least 2 claimed millers by this point, and a roleflipped inspector...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 19, 2022, 08:49:36 am »

Wait, now including the block on Toony:

And I heartily apologise, NJW, for missing yer earlier claim about the day action. I am but a mortal man and all mortal men are flawed, tis true

TolyK, Juicebox explicitly claimed all their powers, not a miller claim among them is there? That's the whole reason I didn't target you, as the mod told me when I asked that a miller ability might mess with me mojo.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 19, 2022, 08:54:05 am »

@NJW: Then I'm scum with Vector because they inspected me as Town by your logic.

Buuuut, guaranteed that Knightwing proves you otherwise because you're grasping at any straws you want, lol.
You appear to have lost your grasp on both reason and English grammar.

Let's have a look at this exchange. Vector appears to think they inspected Max instead, once you yourself point out Knightwing's post.

So no, my logic does not imply you're scum with Vector. How would it?

Knightwing can't prove me wrong here. He can clarify his statement, and he can claim to actually have a performed bus drive, but what he actually claimed was not a bus drive. This is shown in the thread. So you can't insist it was a bus drive. This is the sort of thing that would be obvious to a small child.

I'll try to clear this up for you, because I'm just going to be slowed down by more garbage from you if I don't.

Knightwing: would someone targeting Max last night have been redirected onto Web by your ability? Web seems to think so.

You're throwing out so much nonsense and misrepresenting people so much I'm starting to believe you're open wolfing here, Web. Insisting on the basis of poor logic that you must be town, and shouting down people that disagree with you? Good tactic, but some people here have brains, so it may not work.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 19, 2022, 09:00:52 am »

Alright, finally at a computer.

Ah, I see, NJW2000 meant that Knightwing64's action redirected all actions away from me to Max, not that Knightwing was lying OR that it was a Bus, which would indeed show I was Town and also in spite of the fact I literally claimed I was going to kill someone on Day 1, which makes fucking zero sense, but from NJW's perspective that I'm scum, it's not the dumbest conclusion (though it is pretty dumb).  I'm glad to be positioned with an impossible to prove accusation without the scum admitting to it, so that's good.

NJW's point is that I can't prove I was the target of the scum kill, but I'm pretty sure that if I'm scum, I don't kill Maximum Spin ever, since he literally thinks I'm Town, agrees with every suspect I have, and, ya know, covers for me being scum by being a living body that's actually good at Mafia.  Not only that, but Max is hella Town, so the chances that he's being protected are incredibly high, so then the scum have to be incredibly certain that he won't be protected OR the kill is protect-proof.  Personally, I see it as an unnecessary risk, and one that gains me little to nothing.  I never kill ToonyMan or Maximum Spin here as scum, because you're literally setup to be voted Today, and it lessens the chances that I'm inspected.

PPE:

You appear to have lost your grasp on both reason and English grammar.

Let's have a look at this exchange. Vector appears to think they inspected Max instead, once you yourself point out Knightwing's post.

So no, my logic does not imply you're scum with Vector. How would it?

Knightwing can't prove me wrong here. He can clarify his statement, and he can claim to actually have a performed bus drive, but what he actually claimed was not a bus drive. This is shown in the thread. So you can't insist it was a bus drive. This is the sort of thing that would be obvious to a small child.

I'll try to clear this up for you, because I'm just going to be slowed down by more garbage from you if I don't.

Knightwing: would someone targeting Max last night have been redirected onto Web by your ability? Web seems to think so.

You're throwing out so much nonsense and misrepresenting people so much I'm starting to believe you're open wolfing here, Web. Insisting on the basis of poor logic that you must be town, and shouting down people that disagree with you? Good tactic, but some people here have brains, so it may not work.
Dude, you need to chill out.  I woke up about an hour ago and only just started putting pieces together, but I'm not entirely sure what your reason for being so wrong is (that's not true, your takes are always bad!)

Unfortunately for you, one of my Actions is proven, which is that I definitely Soaked people.  The other is unproven, but I have literally zero reason to claim a kill as Mafia, so you either think I'm lying about that (which, if you saw my role, would make literally no sense, since I can only kill Soaked people, but you don't plan to believe anything anyway, even when the information was there BEFORE anything else.)  Sadly, I can't prove the other one since it's likely that Jim targeted me.

Now, how could Jim target me if all Actions were redirected to me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 19, 2022, 09:01:25 am »

*from me*

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Get me my sextant, we got the charts!
« Reply #638 on: October 19, 2022, 09:01:47 am »

Of course, this chart o claims, is all just what people have said. We have liars in our midst. What has actually been confirmed?

Confirmed
Cap'n NQT: Gunsmith'd Juicebox, learned he's a killer AND he's not a third party (that's nice to know aye)
EuchreJack: Learned about the good Cap'N NQT's activities, confirmed them to a tee. If I'm lying then he's on me team.
Jim Groovester: Toonyman confirms being gifted something by Jim
TolyK: Gave the Toon a choice. Toony confirms this.

Completely Unconfirmed
juicebox: Says he doesn't have a kill, I know he does. His lack of a night action is of course unaccounted for by anyone else.
Nakéen: Delay is unconfirmed unless the delay could appear to Toony as a block? In which case, possibly confirmed by Toony. Or did I miss something?
ToonyMan: Apparently blocked, but there's no one unclaimed that could have done the blocking. Why wasn't he delayed?
Vector: Inspected web as town, probably redirected to Max (their claim was after KW claimed the redirect, though they apparently didn't notice)

Messy
NJW2000: did a bus. This seems contradicted by Tric's claim
Maximum Spin: who knows but it could have involved soaking or setting people on fire, given there's a few of those effects unaccounted for
TricMagic: Arr, apparently inspected & followed NJW, which if NJW is telling the truth would have inspected & followed Jim. Either way, the result was that one of them apparently targeted Web, but both NJW AND Jim deny this, so it seems like Tric is lying OR something's gone awry in the claims or my understanding o' them
Knightwing64: Redirects Web to Max. Do we know that happened for certain? Toony was blocked, Vector wouldn't know they were redirected. Odd thing to claim if false though.
webadict: Soaked a whole deck o' people, that's confirmed, but apparently tried to kill NJW which would have bussed to Jim, but why no kill?

As ever I am not infallible, but I do know what I know. So if I got any of the facts wrong here, then tell me. This salty seadog is not afraid to admit when he's wrong.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 19, 2022, 09:04:28 am »

Now, how could Jim target me if all Actions were redirected from me?
Arr, now Webadict, me hearty, I made the same misreading earlier. The cabin boy KW only claimed to redirect from Max to you, not t'other way round. Actions targeting you would still hit you, at least as thing were claimed, savvy?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 19, 2022, 09:05:59 am »

Updated me treasure map. Surprisingly little changed.

- Nakeen's delay might have worked after all, if Toony was 'blocked' unless the message said otherwise?
- That cur Juicebox says that the ability targeting NJW was a day power triggered before any possible NJW bus, but NJW has yet to confirm this. Curious, aye?
- Juicebox has an unconfirmed failed actions. Also curious, aye?
- Juicebox has no night actions (freeing him up to slice our matey Max)
- Juicebox explictly and unequivocally claims not to have any kill. I know for a fact he does have a kill. Euchrejack confirms how I know this. Ispo bleeding facto, he's lying scum.

NQT really needs to read the thread and pay attention.
Go run yourself through with a rusty cutlass, I'm doing more to collate things than most.

Why'd you have nothing to say about Juicebox being outed as scum?

I don't know what to say about that except I definitely don't have a kill, so your result on me is obviously flawed. The options that present themselves to me are either:
1. You were redirected and don't know it
2. You're a Paranoid/Insane gunsmith
3. You're lying scum trying to get me lynched
Of course, this chart o claims, is all just what people have said. We have liars in our midst. What has actually been confirmed?

Confirmed
Cap'n NQT: Gunsmith'd Juicebox, learned he's a killer AND he's not a third party (that's nice to know aye)
EuchreJack: Learned about the good Cap'N NQT's activities, confirmed them to a tee. If I'm lying then he's on me team.
Jim Groovester: Toonyman confirms being gifted something by Jim
TolyK: Gave the Toon a choice. Toony confirms this.

Completely Unconfirmed
juicebox: Says he doesn't have a kill, I know he does. His lack of a night action is of course unaccounted for by anyone else.
Nakéen: Delay is unconfirmed unless the delay could appear to Toony as a block? In which case, possibly confirmed by Toony. Or did I miss something?
ToonyMan: Apparently blocked, but there's no one unclaimed that could have done the blocking. Why wasn't he delayed?
Vector: Inspected web as town, probably redirected to Max (their claim was after KW claimed the redirect, though they apparently didn't notice)

Messy
NJW2000: did a bus. This seems contradicted by Tric's claim
Maximum Spin: who knows but it could have involved soaking or setting people on fire, given there's a few of those effects unaccounted for
TricMagic: Arr, apparently inspected & followed NJW, which if NJW is telling the truth would have inspected & followed Jim. Either way, the result was that one of them apparently targeted Web, but both NJW AND Jim deny this, so it seems like Tric is lying OR something's gone awry in the claims or my understanding o' them
Knightwing64: Redirects Web to Max. Do we know that happened for certain? Toony was blocked, Vector wouldn't know they were redirected. Odd thing to claim if false though.
webadict: Soaked a whole deck o' people, that's confirmed, but apparently tried to kill NJW which would have bussed to Jim, but why no kill?

As ever I am not infallible, but I do know what I know. So if I got any of the facts wrong here, then tell me. This salty seadog is not afraid to admit when he's wrong.

I fail to see how I am completely unconfirmed when NJW confirmed the action I used on them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 19, 2022, 09:07:19 am »

nqt, I know why Jim didn't die.  It's because TricMagic targeted Jim.  However, the OTHER thing my Action does if it doesn't kill is roleblock the target's target, which is dumb, but that's how it is.

Since I'm the originator of the Action itself, I can't be roleblocked (I assume, since both my actions succeeded, but very likely to be correct.)

Now, how could Jim target me if all Actions were redirected from me?
Arr, now Webadict, me hearty, I made the same misreading earlier. The cabin boy KW only claimed to redirect from Max to you, not t'other way round. Actions targeting you would still hit you, at least as thing were claimed, savvy?
TricMagic claimed someone targeted me.  If it was Jim, (which he CAN CONFIRM BY BEING ON FIRE), then HOW DID I GET TARGETED?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 19, 2022, 09:09:58 am »

I'm not goldfish-level like NJW.  I remember that TricMagic claimed to set anyone he targets On Fire.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 19, 2022, 09:13:45 am »

This is a complete mess. At least I was right to claim my result, gave the captain plenty of info. This entire web is a confusing mess of actions though.

I honestly missed the track thing. Surprise to me too when I got that info, and I phoneposted it from bed.

... slams face into the nearest mast. How out of it was I?

So, I apparently completely missposted the info. My track claims NJW is town, and they visited Toonyman. Not sure if this would be affected by the bus, but guess it does since it fits Jim''s claim. Which means they're definitely town and telling the truth in this case. NJW is also telling the truth. Well, unless it was a full redirect, would need to read the order of claims there. Also ask Fal on what priorty my Dragon's Gaze is, cause the post says NJW specifically.

Nin. And yeah, Jim being on fire kinda says it hit them last night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 19, 2022, 09:18:29 am »

This is a complete mess. At least I was right to claim my result, gave the captain plenty of info. This entire web is a confusing mess of actions though.

I honestly missed the track thing. Surprise to me too when I got that info, and I phoneposted it from bed.

... slams face into the nearest mast. How out of it was I?

So, I apparently completely missposted the info. My track claims NJW is town, and they visited Toonyman. Not sure if this would be affected by the bus, but guess it does since it fits Jim''s claim. Which means they're definitely town and telling the truth in this case. NJW is also telling the truth. Well, unless it was a full redirect, would need to read the order of claims there. Also ask Fal on what priorty my Dragon's Gaze is, cause the post says NJW specifically.

Nin. And yeah, Jim being on fire kinda says it hit them last night.
Did you get a correction from Fallacy too?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 113