Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58639 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #570 on: October 18, 2022, 09:04:34 pm »

At the start of N1 if I targeted anybody except webadict, ToonyMan, or EuchreJack I would be roleblocked. I picked ToonyMan. Like I already claimed I hand out items.

I ended up being Soaked but also On Fire in a confusing collection of status ailments.

Wait, does that mean you're dying?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 18, 2022, 09:08:47 pm »

It says they don't have any innate effect but if I recall Day 1 correctly I think webadict and TricMagic mentioned they can kill players with those status ailments.

So I guess I won't die if webadict and TricMagic don't shoot me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 18, 2022, 09:10:42 pm »

Anyway it's late, but have info. NJW is town and targeted you last night. I targeted them last night. Zzx.
I see, hmmmm.

*taking notes*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 18, 2022, 09:11:43 pm »

At the start of N1 if I targeted anybody except webadict, ToonyMan, or EuchreJack I would be roleblocked. I picked ToonyMan. Like I already claimed I hand out items.
Do you know what you gave me?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 18, 2022, 09:12:13 pm »

I gave you DEEZ NUTZ
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 18, 2022, 09:13:04 pm »

Yes, I know what I gave you. I get to pick.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 18, 2022, 09:13:36 pm »

I gave you DEEZ NUTZ
They're good nuts, thank you.

Do you know what they do? Because deez nuts quite good.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 18, 2022, 09:14:51 pm »

It says they don't have any innate effect but if I recall Day 1 correctly I think webadict and TricMagic mentioned they can kill players with those status ailments.

Not a problem, as I'm outta bullets!

Okay, well, my action succeeded, so NJW2000 should've died but did not, so either someone targeted NJW2000, OR NJW2000 is immune to being Soaked?  That's the only way to avoid the kill.
... Really?

Anyway it's late, but have info. NJW is town and targeted you last night. I targeted them last night. Zzx.
Well, that explains why NJW is still alive then.

I'm pretty sure NJW is Town, if they're the one that gave me this status.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 18, 2022, 09:15:04 pm »

I'm the one that manipulated you on D1. I was going to watch Web and Jack but some unforeseen circumstances got in the way.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2022, 09:28:11 pm »

I gave you DEEZ NUTZ
They're good nuts, thank you.

Do you know what they do? Because deez nuts quite good.

I have descriptions of all the items I can hand out. I have a selection to choose from when I hand items out and I don't run out of items to hand out but I can't hand out the same item twice.

I'm pretty sure you have to use the item I gave you to activate its effect; I don't think it's automatic.

I'm the one that manipulated you on D1. I was going to watch Web and Jack but some unforeseen circumstances got in the way.

Why me and why you three?

I was probably going to target you or webadict anyway so it's not like it affected me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 18, 2022, 09:37:21 pm »

Congratulation in order ... ! Now I want to know what this mystery status is ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 18, 2022, 09:38:29 pm »

I was probably going to target you or webadict anyway so it's not like it affected me.
I need to target myself and two other players for my ability to work. I'm then able to do fun things.

I picked Web and Jack as I felt they were the most likely to eat a mafiakill if town. Max was a consideration as well, but I didn't decide on him.

We need to discuss before Day end whether I should use these nuts. Don't make it clear what the nuts do.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 18, 2022, 09:41:35 pm »

50% of dying then.

More seriously, I think Tric can kill anyone with either status aliment.

@Tric: How does your abilities interact with Soaked and On Fire?
I'm also eager to hear your info.

Hm, so I guess Toony didn't trust Jim as much as he claimed. And maybe trusted me more than he claimed?

Or a mafia gambit by Toony to get me items?

@Toony: How come you left open the possibility for Jim to give me stuff?

I need to target myself and two other players for my ability to work. I'm then able to do fun things.

I picked Web and Jack as I felt they were the most likely to eat a mafiakill if town. Max was a consideration as well, but I didn't decide on him.

We need to discuss before Day end whether I should use these nuts. Don't make it clear what the nuts do.
WTF? You scum read me all Day 1, and think I'm going to be killed by mafia Night 1? And I thought Tric was hard to understand...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 18, 2022, 09:43:06 pm »

Congratulation in order ... ! Now I want to know what this mystery status is ...

Uh, apparently it was a mod error?

It was a free revive.  Now I am sad.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 18, 2022, 09:47:14 pm »

@Jack:
If I didn't trust Jim I wouldn't have given him the opportunity to kill me. The ability I used on Jim is basically Russian Roulette since I'm putting myself in possibly harms way for great reward.

Re: scumreading you
I like covering my bases. You were right about Roden being town and I felt this made you the perfect "safe" kill if mafia didn't high roll for a town!Web kill.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 113