Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58336 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2022, 04:42:17 pm »

Roden it is, then.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2022, 04:51:32 pm »

Cause of being a serial killer miller, or something? If he's mafia, it would be strange to claim it. If he's town, also strange, but probably true maybe?

... Who brought up mention of cults again. Jack apparently. It becomes a question of why that claim. While voting him out reveals his role, the chances of him being mafia are zero. Mafia has no reason to claim an SK-Miller role, they would just use a standard miller claim I feel.

As a question, there is an Sk-Miller, so would there also be an Sk?
Yes, this is one reason I don't want to vote Knightwing.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2022, 04:57:49 pm »

TolyK, how confident are you at scumhunting?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2022, 05:00:43 pm »

Roden today looks like the armed forces game... a bit, at least.

Quite busy. Don't elim TolyK while I'm gone.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2022, 05:54:00 pm »

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean that Roden looks like something in that game today, or are you telling Roden that today looks like that game?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2022, 06:00:22 pm »

early morning spat between Roden and Maximum Spin

This is an interesting exchange but I'm not sure what conclusion to draw from it. Roden elects to keep his vote on Maximum Spin as a result of the exchange which I don't think much of but I do like Roden's feistiness here.

ToonyMan's fake role claims

But why?

003 "I also think that NQT is actually probably scum, but that's a hard sell to people."
Issuer: Webadict.
Report: This unit is scumsided. No evidence provided, but likely due to TricMagic vote and/or anti-Robot prejudice.
Response: Webadict should be registered for robot sensitivity training. Webadict's assessment that this was a 'hard sell' was false.

What's the point of robot sensitivity training when robots can't get offended?

QuickScan™ Analysis
ToonyMan has made several contradictory role claims. Every claim mentions items as a role mechanic. It is possible that he wants to impart the existence of items without outright claiming. The reason for doing this is possibly for the purpose of [REDACTED].

There are items in this game because I have items.

Jim Groovester: What is it about TolyK's posts that you like, or at least, do not dislike?
Jim Groovester - Your previous report stated Roden's vote on Tric was bad. Roden's vote has now changed. Which user has the worst vote in the game?

You asked me two questions before getting a response to your first and both of these questions you could have asked at the same time. Do you just like tossing out questions for the sake of appearing active?

You knooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow that in webadict's Supernatural (or as I like to call it wooba dooba soopa noocha) Lenglon commented on how your play struck her as fake activity, and that you were scum in that game?

1: When I made my first post first big analysis post I think TolyK had made two posts or something four posts okay six posts. Neither None of them were offensive and as I mentioned one of them had a read on another player, which are things I like to see when the game is young.

2: Probably Roden still but TricMagic voting ToonyMan is a stiff competitor. At this point I probably don't vote either of them.

Most suspicious: TolyK. Reason: Lurking. Passivity.

I can see this.

TolyK - [DEMAND] Provide an assessment of at least three other players.
Noted, will do.

:|

Yes, I can definitely see TolyK being passive.

Anyway, Jim, Knightwing, Nakeen, TolyK, and Vector should probably vote.  I don't like people noncommittal.  The only person with what I think is a valid excuse is probably Vector, but I still want them to vote. juicebox should also vote, but they've at least voted once.

I'm not going to argue that I shouldn't vote I just don't feel like it at the moment.

Wow Maximum Spin voted before me. Crazy world we live in these days.

Tric - my role my role my roooole

I think TricMagic is probably town but I don't feel the same level of obsession about his role as other games.

Anyway, Jim, Knightwing, Nakeen, TolyK, and Vector should probably vote.  I don't like people noncommittal.  The only person with what I think is a valid excuse is probably Vector, but I still want them to vote. juicebox should also vote, but they've at least voted once.

Voting is... uh, really not in my interest right now. If I had to vote though, I would default to Vector until he posts something more substantial to pressure manifestation.

How much experience do you have with mafia?

And who do you suspect?

come on plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay show me what youre made oooooooooooooof

notquitethere: I guess everyone is making me explain the obvious this game. You don't really seem to be scumhunting. You seem to be hunting for criticisable behaviour. This, naturally, brings to mind your actions as mafia in webadict's supernatural, where you tried to harp on a trumped-up complaint of me lying. In this game, so far, you have... "shaded" several people for playing in a way that ostensibly doesn't meet your standards, but you have no theory under which this MEANS anything. You're just making lazy criticisms. Couple this with the use of this "high-effort" posting style that makes you seem engaged while actually only adding meaningless filler, and it doesn't look good. This is one of the two ways I know you act as scum. (The other way is "totally under the radar" like in that one where we all wrongly lynched Knightwing, but anyone will do that when such an opportunity arises.)

I am upgrading my read on you from 'not a strong read but probably town' to 'town'.

Quite a few people lacking engagement in this game. If I go by pure FEEL without actually checking I'd say TolyK, Nakeen, and EuchreJack feel less engaged than they could be. Also I forgot about Vector. None of these players have provided strong opinions about other players in the game.

I guess I actually will vote TolyK since I think his lack of engagement is the most offensive (given that Vector provided an excuse).
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2022, 06:49:00 pm »

Max, I'm gonna ask that you stop playing dumb here. You denied shading me then admitted that you were shading me for not changing my vote. And your posts so far today has either just been shade or joke posts with no content.

I'm fine with my vote.
... I don't actually know what you mean by "shading".
Are you being genuine or are you just trying to save face?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2022, 06:58:32 pm »

Max, I'm gonna ask that you stop playing dumb here. You denied shading me then admitted that you were shading me for not changing my vote. And your posts so far today has either just been shade or joke posts with no content.

I'm fine with my vote.
... I don't actually know what you mean by "shading".
Are you being genuine or are you just trying to save face?
I'm serious. Isn't it drag slang for "insulting"? But that doesn't seem to make sense in context. There's no way you could reasonably think I intended to insult you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2022, 07:13:56 pm »

Think of it more as blemishing his character.  I think he's wrong, but that's what he means.

Anyway, Roden

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2022, 07:18:17 pm »

Think of it more as blemishing his character.  I think he's wrong, but that's what he means.

Anyway, Roden
Well, right. In this case, accusing him without accusing him. Like the way I used it to notquitethere. But I thought I was clear that that wasn't what I was doing, so if that is what he meant, I did not admit to any such thing.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2022, 07:50:57 pm »

Curses. my lack of free time is making me appear suspicious

I’m confident that Max is town, or at least not mafia.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2022, 07:57:44 pm »

Cool, another game where I'm gonna get gaslit over something blatantly untrue. Awesome.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2022, 08:01:40 pm »

:(

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 14, 2022, 08:02:48 pm »

But...Roden wasn't in Armed Forces?

Curses. my lack of free time is making me appear suspicious

I’m confident that Max is town, or at least not mafia.
Why?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 113