Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59429 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Honestly, just put the next game up, please.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

I think that is hammer, so shush time

You've heard of dragon, but have you heard of suggon?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I think that is hammer, so shush time
Oh shut up nobody cares.

well, it was unlikely to go in our favour anyhow. gg I guess
I should have believed your read of Nakeen more. I think I've been discrediting your town play a lot recently.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know I'm just going to change my vote to Nakeen if by some miracle there was another hammer fuck up.
Nakeen

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

My town play is pretty variable, to be honest. I didn't have a huge amount of faith in that read either.
One wheel short of a wagon

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Come on come on somebody give me the alleyoop.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Unofficial game end. Mafia and mafia-ally win, as much as this horrifically broken game can be won or lost. Town and SK lose. Unless that wasn’t actually hammer (though I’m pretty sure it was going off my reading of the thread), in which case town and SK win. I’m not prolonging your suffering by making you all hunt for the very well hidden SK.

Feel free to complain, I rushed this game’s design instead of taking the extra time that was truly needed to scale things properly, resulting in horrendous balance, inequality, and unfun chaos. Your feelings of unfairness are justified and valid and that’s completely on me. I will try to learn from all your complaints and completely reasonable criticism.

Still better than FBYOR 2 (had a player that was both town and mafia), 3 (jumped the shark) and 4 (never actually ended).

Full credit and praise to Nakéen for excellent play, NQT for amazing post restriction roleplay, and NJW for actually figuring out who the Countdown user was.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I thought the game was quite fair and reasonable.  Because I WON!!!!!!!!!!

Nakéen played quite well.  Vector played well also. I basically flailed to the finish line.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

An SK that wasn't TolyK or Knightwing??

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wew, what a game.

My congratulations to everyone, and especially NJW2000 and TricMagic! Tric was rightfully on mark about me, and I had expected that as we had already played other games together before. Excellent deduction on NJW2000 for figuring out my overall plan with the delays.

You will find it in the scum chat, but I was also quite uneasy about using the Countdown due to the issues raised by everyone. But well, it was too tempting not to use.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also I was sure the moment I would use the Countdown people would beeline on me due to the association with Late+Delay, but miraculously juicebox attracted the unwanted thematic attention.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Fallacy: Gate of Dreams when.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile

gate
of
dreams
when