Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid -Epilogue- [Playtest Over] [4/4]  (Read 11631 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid [Playtest] [4/4]
« Reply #240 on: September 20, 2023, 01:40:14 pm »

I have received an unexpected message from CUPID prediction model. Can you explain the meaning of... "extra spicy"?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 20, 2023, 01:55:19 pm »

I have received an unexpected message from CUPID prediction model. Can you explain the meaning of... "extra spicy"?

Quote from: C-Helper
Hello Beep Boop, Sophia speaking.

Tough times ahead, it would seem. But I will try to remain cheerful, let's do our best!

To elaborate on the prediction result, we expect Mason to throw himself in the actual fire of battles and further degrade his physical integrity. The actual results will, of course, depend on the subject's abilities and will to live of course.

Good luck Beep Boop! I'm rooting for you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 20, 2023, 02:30:29 pm »

"A bit early in the day for fireworks, isn't it? I-"
Beep Boop turns to the explosion, clenching their fists.

"The System gave me a new purpose just now. Mason, you're hurt. You should stay in safety."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 20, 2023, 04:08:55 pm »

AXIUS
Selecting option A.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2023, 05:41:44 pm »

Can missions still be completed while the matchmaking system is suspended? Also, will we be blamed if our hosts are damaged?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2023, 05:55:02 pm »

Can missions still be completed while the matchmaking system is suspended? Also, will we be blamed if our hosts are damaged?

Quote from: C-Helper
Hello T1000, I am the CUPID AI Helper.

Your current objectives can still be completed and will be appropriately rewarded.
However you are under no obligation to pursue them. You will not receive any penalty for failing an objective.

Under the current emergency, injury or death of a host will lead to a future investigation to determine Matchmaker responsibility.

Please try to keep your host safe.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2023, 05:55:15 pm »

I think you can still try, but your priority is to coax them to a bunker. also, based off a previous interaction, it's only if you pick options that actively endanger your host.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2023, 07:05:33 pm »

"I have been advised that, due to events of potentially apocalyptic significance definitely not directly caused by my own coworkers, the matchmaking program has been suspended effective immediately. However, don't despair! That does not mean that I must leave you. I will remain with you for the allotted term; however, my function is henceforward to protect you until matchmaking conditions can be reestablished.

In order to ensure your survival for continued matchmaking, I must advise you to seek shelter immediately.
"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2023, 02:33:34 am »

Update 25: Penultimate Turn

Soulbinder and Helena the Clone Heiress (Day 6: 2nd Opportunity)

“Calculated outcomes from this confrontation do not end favorably for either party, but I may have a trump card with which to nullify some of the threat.”
utilizing Helena’s very high level secrets, assign my meager pairing slots to helene and attempt to calculate a course of action that results in none of the parties involved dying.

Pairing Slot assigned to Helene x Helena

D - Use Helena's Very High Security Secret A and C
Drat!

For you, time froze as you executed intense calculations in search for a way to avoid an inevitable tragedy. Helene wished to kill Helena whom she hated with all her heart, and Helena was ready to kill the monster she created through her mistakes. Should Wilfrid intervene, he would sacrifice himself. There was no way there was no other option. Quick. All the power you could muster from the System had to be useful now, or else you felt that as a Matchmaker- no, as yourself, you would have failed yourself. The data you held, these secrets, your computing power, the powers of the System-

-led you to an idea. A forbidden idea. Yes there was a way, but it wouldn't be without risk for you. Yet you had to try, just this once.

1 Override Point used

Using the true power of the System, you took over Helena for a minuscule instant, breaking the subconscious locks of her genetic ability: Whisper. One of the supersecret project of Eugenia Corporation whom the Teanossa were accomplices, which would in theory allow the individual to control humans and AIs alike with the sole power of their voice. But there was much more to it than simple mind control. The Whisper ability was simply a higher form of vocal communication which unenhanced human-like mental patterns instinctively recognized as belonging to a supreme authority, compelling them to the point of absolute subservience. But to another individual with the potential to use the Whisper, a Whisper should unlock this ability in them. Then, the two individuals would be able to communicate on a superior level, directly transmitting their true feelings and thoughts through the Whisper.

This information didn't exist in any record. And you didn't discover it by yourself. Not even CUPID should have known of this, so how?... There was no point in dwelling over this at the moment.

You called out to Helena, urging her to call out to her sister once more with all her heart.

"Helene!"

Oh. Your entire existence crumbled before this single word imbued by the Whisper, as your preset allegiance to the System was replaced for a desire to serve and help Helena, leaving you in an utter state of confusion. You were not the only one affected. As if paralyzed by the word that once couldn't reach her, Helene had stopped in her tracks, the slender hand holding a silvered knife trembling. Her voice wavered, her gilded eyes shining with tears.

"What... you... how... What have you done... to me?"

Her Whisper unlocked, Helena instinctively knew what he needed to do. She dropped her own knife, stretching a hand toward Helene. She recalled all the feelings she had kept in check since that day in the artificial womb, and called out again with tears flowing in a thin stream. All these memories and feelings that came rushing to her came rushing to Helene through the Whisper.

"Please, Helene!"
"Shut up! This- everything- This won't change anyting!"

Helene used her free hand to support her trembling hand still gripping the knife with great difficulty, as if it suddenly weighed impossibly heavy. Her voice changed subtly, showing her Whisper had activated.

"Do you know how I felt?! All this time?! Do you think that my feelings, my hate, everything would just be erased?!"

Now Helena wavered, stumbling. All her sister sorrow, exclusion, hate, and desperate cries for help that had went unanswered for so long. They all came to her, and her own heart sank as she realized her colossal mistake: all this time she had been a fool, running away from what she should truly have done. All this time, she was the coward, who deluded herself in thinking she was protecting her sister by taking her place and cutting her off from everything.

Truly a fool. All this time, she was the one who wanted to run away, not Helene.

The hearts and minds of the Helena and Helene were now as close as one, all of the feelings they wanted to convey transmitted instantly to the other. Helene dropped the knife, her heart in total disarray between her own hate and her own misunderstandings about the one she wrongly so hated. Resigned, she couldn't bear to look at Helena. Before her was her other self, the one that would always understand her. After all, they were the same.

"I can no longer kill you. We were both fools, all this time, when just a word would have saved both of us. But it's too late for me, look what I did in my blind hatred. I sit atop so many corpses, and the mound will only continue growing."

Helena took her hand to share her guilt.
"For the first time, we see and touch each others... I will never let go of you, never again. If you have to be thrown to hell, let me be thrown with you. From now on and forever, I will not run away."

She looked at her reflection of gold. She called her name, for the first time without a hint of hatred.
"Helena."
"Helena."

Sharing their feelings, they made a vow and a curse. They cursed themselves for the lives they ruined in their foolishnesh, vowing to stop the current crisis they had caused. Then if there was a tomorrow for them, they would live to save lives until their deaths. The sisters embraced, silently crying.

(...)

Later Helena called one of her "guests". A man with grey hair and a scarred visage in a dark uniform. His eyes widened when he saw Helene, indicating he had never met her before and recognized the visage of the Teanossa heiress.
"You are the Teanossa-"
"Mister Joachim. My partnership with Helios has ended. Al, please see our guest out."

Joachim's eye flared as he tried to draw a concealed weapon. Instantly the chrome butler grabbed his neck and lethally snapped it like a mere twig.
"It seems death was his choice."

Afterward the two mutual reflections and their servants left the mansion, along with the second guest: a young woman called Abigail, Helene's special friend.
"Abi... I have to apologize. I will explain to you everything later, for now, we have to leave."

She nodded at Helena, and the two of them boarded the cars that would lead them out of the domain. Right as they drove away, the self-destruct mechanism they had activated triggered, razing the house and most of their traces.

(...)

You have received a message.

Quote from: Emergency transmission
Matchmaker Soulbinder.

Not only did you unlock Helena Teanossa's Whisper, your action caused Helene Teanossa's own Whisper to activate.

You have gravely endangered the order of the System, and we have detected anomalous readings coming from your data identified as heavy signs of compromisation and self-determination.

We have no other choice but to regretfully revoke you of your Matchmaker privileges and designate you for Preset reinitialisation.

For the safety of the City and the System, please accept this outcome and surrender yourself.

Choices:

A - Ask Helena and Helene for help. They may be able to do something for you.

B - Surrender yourself to the System.

Beep Boop and Mason the Old Vet (Day 6: 2nd Opportunity)

"A bit early in the day for fireworks, isn't it? I-"
Beep Boop turns to the explosion, clenching their fists.

"The System gave me a new purpose just now. Mason, you're hurt. You should stay in safety."

C - Head for a safe place

"I'm fine, no biggies. Yeah sure I wouldn't mind getting somewhere safer."

You located the nearest shelter and directed Mason to the place. While sprinting, he chatted a bit with you.
"Awfully competent you are. Hey, so. Who are you? Got a name? How did you get my contact info?"

All around, the City was in panic. Police forces and emergency services had arrived to the scene, trying to save lives and direct people to safety. That was not nice sight, and even the war loving Mason grimaced.
"Damnit. I may love war, but there is a time and place. Fuck to whoever did that."

(...)

Mason had reached a shelter without an issue, and had received a message from Karl in the meantime. It was asking for his whereabouts, and if he was okay. The last sentence read "If you are okay, we need you."

Suggestions:

A - Transmit your location and ask for a pickup to join the fray.

B - Stay in the shelter.

Spoiler: Beep Boop (OTP Cabal) (click to show/hide)

AXIUS and Janus the Monster Secretary (Day 6: 2nd Opportunity)

AXIUS
Selecting option A.

A - Head to an Arwell secure bunker.

Following your suggestion, Janus talked with David.
"As much as it pains me, we have to get to safety."

David reluctantly accepted, knowing Janus must have heavily thought over this, and he ordered the drivers to change course for the nearest Arwell secure bunker.
"Vlad. Change of plan, get us to ASB-3."

(...)

Cursing the circumstances, Janus was silent the whole ride. Everywhere they passed, there was panic abound, even if the missiles hadn't landed nearby. The clear skies were now illuminated by the light of fires, and CSF gunships were roaming between the skyscrapers. After a while, they arrived to ASB-3, Arwell Security Bunker 3. Their cars stopped before the gate because of a lone figure. Janus eyes widened. Impossible. "Abi."

He nearly kicked the door open, ignoring the security team telling him to stay to safety. David was also already outside, his expression in a complete mix disbelief and confusion. It really was Abigail, wearing casual clothes of remarkable high quality. She was smiling sadly.

"Hey Monster Secretary. Hey Boss."
"How?... Abi, is that really you?"
"Actually I can't believe it either... but I have a terrifyingly competent friend..."

Janus exploded, walking furiously toward Abigail.
"ABI! YOU GOT SOME NERVE SHOWING UP OUT OF THE BLUE!"

He walked past David and grabbed Abigail by the collar. He locked eyes with her.
"Do you have any idea how we felt?! Leaving us like that? You better have a great explanation!"
"Janus... Let her go."

Janus silently released his grip and took one step back. Abigail still had her sad expression.
"Janus, Boss... I can't excuse my previous behavior, you have all rights to blame me. I have come to properly bid you farewell. There is someone who needs me at her side."

Before Janus could utter a "What", David gently placed his hand on his shoulder to stop him.
"Is that what your heart tells you to do?"

Abigail nodded with teary eyes.
"You know I... I wasn't exactly right in the head when I learnt everything. I overreacted and hurt you two, but that's... that's not what I wanted. I thought it was for the best, to leave without worrying you."
"Well that didn't work."
"Yeah... Still... You two are the two person I love the most on earth. Janus, you were always like a silly little brother to me. Unbearable but still."

She started sniffing, the tears pouring. She took a moment to take a deep breath and compose herself.
"Sorry."

She then turned toward David, clutching her chest. "Boss... I always l... I always admired you. You were and still are my hero: the rugged and crying mercenary who saved that young girl back then... I... I thought... No. I wanted to follow you all my life, but-"

"I understand. It's okay. You found a reason to fight for."

She nodded, unable to speak as her tears overwhelmed her. David embraced her, holding her tightly.
"I love you Abigail. You are like a daughter to me. Wherever you go, I will root for you."

Janus turned his back on them. Hiding his tears from them, he left with two words.
"Bye, sis."

(...)

Later on, a car came to pick up Abigail. Janus recognized that chrome butler from back then, but didn't comment on it. He was done with all this, and Abigail would go on with her life. He was happy, sad, but satisfied. He didn't dwell much on this, and they later entered the secure bunker equiped with everything they needed for such situations, whether supplies or equipment.

Although he was safe, the City was still under attack and as an executive of the Arwell group, there were things he could. David was already remotely giving orders to the various executives to ensure the employees were safe and sound, and to get reports on the state of their critical facilities. Though during the last call, David had a grave, unusual mood.

"Janus. It's important, you may need to become CEO of Arwell for a moment."

What did Janus do?

Suggestions:

A - Oppose.
Outcome: David remains CEO of Arwell and stay with Janus.

B - Accept.
Outcome: Janus becomes temporary CEO of Arwell and David leaves to the frontline.

T1000 and Sven the Prototype (Day 6: 2nd Opportunity)

"I have been advised that, due to events of potentially apocalyptic significance definitely not directly caused by my own coworkers, the matchmaking program has been suspended effective immediately. However, don't despair! That does not mean that I must leave you. I will remain with you for the allotted term; however, my function is henceforward to protect you until matchmaking conditions can be reestablished.

In order to ensure your survival for continued matchmaking, I must advise you to seek shelter immediately.
"

GM note: it wasn't exactly clear to me which suggestion was taken, and I suddenly wasn't in the mood anymore to maim a sickly unrelated girl, so eeh!

C - The GM gave up Seek shelter, miraculously avoiding the blast.

After narrowingly avoiding the blast, Sven and Lina hurriedly returned inside where the patients and medical personel were already scrambling. A nurse came to get them to a secure area of the facility. Soon after, the Supervisor arrived in a rush, hearing Sven was here.

"Are you okay Sven? Ah thank goodness, you weren't in your room so I was worried sick."
"I am fine."
"Listen Sven, I want you to stay here safe and sound. I'm going to return upstairs help the rest of the staff, ok?"

Sven nodded, prompting a smile from the Supervisor. He then left posthaste, leaving Sven to wait for the crisis to pass. Some time passed during which he thought of apologizing to Lina, but that would require moving from here as she was in a room suited with some equipment suited for her condition. As he waited, a man Sven had never seen before came looking for him.

"You must be Sven? I have been told to come get you. Please come with me."

This man was from the AI Research Society.

Suggestions:

A - Go see Lina and apologize for his recklessness.
Outcome: +Opinion

B - Go with the man.
Outcome: Sven is taken to a facility of the AI Research Society.

Spoiler: Sven the Prototype (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: T1000 (ORHA) (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2023, 06:32:32 am »

Soulbinder’s avatar flickered and trembled quietly as it recovered from the aftershocks of what he had brought about. in his desire to prevent harm to his host, he had instead inflicted it to himself in a way, and endangered the system in his actions. The certainty of his existence and purpose, the certainty of his failure and it’s consequences vanishing at the surge of abnormal emotions and desires driven to serve Helena. (…)
After a unknown time, his internal processing and directives reasserted themselves and the internal message from the system finally registered in his consciousness. He had done something unthinkable in his desire to fulfill his directive of getting his host to safety in the crisis, and now he had to face the concequences.
”Lady Helena, forgive me for overstepping my bounds again and for inadvertently making you a threat to the System that you placed your faith in, both for yourself and your sibling. I am being recalled for personality suppression due to my desperate actions, which may or may not have compromised my design. In essence, I have committed a tactical sacrifice in the name of your wellbeing. Anything less than what I did would have irrevocably damaged your health and the health of those around you, both mentally and physically.”
“I wish you and Simon the best, though I caution you not to speak in the manner that was exchanged with your sister around anyone except in desperate times. Promise me that, for the sake of yourself and the system.”

unless helena chooses to intervene of her own accord, Option B.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 07:29:12 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2023, 06:37:27 am »

Purchase remaining Mason secret.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2023, 07:26:10 am »

For reference.

History of InfoCredit transactions
Al and Eri's Low-Security Secret A
Shino H data
David Arwell Very High Security Secret A
Helena High Security Secret A & C
Helena High Security Secret B
Rimm Secrets (Low A and High A)
Mason's High Security Secrets S and V

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2023, 04:57:19 pm »

"I am a simple servant of the System, Mason. You are currently not fit for fighting, do not engage."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2023, 06:12:24 pm »

AXIUS
"I fear that I do not know what the ideal course of action is in this scenario. I would simply advise you to do what you feel is right."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2023, 01:58:39 am »

Sorry, Nakéen, but I think that I do not wish to continue participating. I'm just not really enjoying this. I still think it was a good concept, though.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18