Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid -Epilogue- [Playtest Over] [4/4]  (Read 11771 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid [Playtest] [4/4] - Open to NPC submissions!
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2022, 08:33:43 pm »

AXIUS
Just going to go with option A for now. Well, that and this:

Allocate pairing slot: Janus A - Shino H
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2022, 08:44:47 pm »

Option B with side inquiry. All suitors except Chrome H., who has lower than average potential due to their perceived nature. ”Lady Helena, may I be frank with you on a topic? As good as many of these suitors are, there are also the concerns of your mental health and your relationship with your sister. Notably, based on internal data the relationship is *very* negative. I do not wish to breach the topic too quickly, but it may be in your best interest to reach out to her as well.”

Regarding T1000 inquiry
I will gladly use some of my processing power to quantify if they are genetically compatible. However, please keep in mind that the compatibility information I currently have access to is only relevant to my own host, and your results may vary as such.
Attempt to provide compatibility information. Spend infocredits if necessitated.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 08:55:49 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2022, 08:51:50 pm »

␆␂I request only the attempt. If it should fail to be useful, I will be left in no worse position than if you had not tried. Thank you.␃␄

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2022, 09:30:52 pm »

␆␂I request only the attempt. If it should fail to be useful, I will be left in no worse position than if you had not tried. Thank you.␃␄

According to the Eugenia Corporation Genetic Database:

Known Relationships
Denis T [+ / +]: Younger brother
Sven (70) [~ / +]: Online rival and acquaintance (Pairing 1) [Compatible]
Leon R (Le Fluffyranger) [+++ / ++++]: Good Friend (Pairing 1)
Rimm E (E_X333) [+++? / ♥]: Friend (Very cool guy!) [Compatible]
Meri E [= / +]: Acquaintance [Special Compatibility]
Praline L (rumi) [= / +]: Acquaintance [Low Compatibility]

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2022, 09:39:21 pm »

Fascinating.

Fixing Archie's untreated ADD doesn't seem especially relevant to my matchmaking mission as long as I can credibly sell it as charming.

"Archie, please feel free to take a moment to relax and process miss Rimm's shocking revelation. I know I, for one, am completely floored by this unexpected development."

B

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2022, 11:08:18 pm »

Slight update for T1000.

Mission "More than friends" completed!
Main Objective reward:
2 InfoCredits

Quote from: Incoming transmission...

That was excellent work Matchmaker T1000. The organic progression of your Host's matchmaking is to be praised.
We will continue monitoring your progress, further missions will be assigned depending on your Host's romantic progression, although if you keep up this pace, your Host should be paired in no time.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2022, 02:46:46 am »

Update 14

Beep Boop and Helene the Broken Destitute (Day 2: 3rd Opportunity)

"This action is sure to disrupt several people's lives and place an outside influence on their actions, making a mockery of human free will.

Oh well, good thing I wasn't made by ORHA!"

Press the Special Suggestion button coldly, without compassion or mercy, like the soulless metal object I am.
Also B.

[Special: Very High Security Secret A about David A.] - Reveal the secret to Helene so that she can use it to destroy the trust Abigail has in David, and bring her to her side.
B - Spend the rest of the day with Abigail [No Difficulty thanks to Charisma 2 Speech 3 and High Confidence]

A voice only she could hear told her of a Secret of such importance it's contents could ruin the lives of many. Helene's lips drew a bewitching smile, and her genius mind instantly understood why you told her this crucial information at this very moment. She stood up with flowing grace, approaching Abigail, stretching her pale hands toward her.

"Is something the matter Helene?" Asked Abigail, who despite suddenly feeling an urge to escape, was completely entranced by the eyes of the lady of gold.

"My poor Abigail." She said. Her voice was soft and Abigail could feel it in her bones. "I have a secret to tell you, for your own good." The powerful woman felt her body give in, as if under a spell. The warm, softer than silk hands of Helene touched her cheek, and Abigail's will surrendered. Poisonous, melodious words flowed from the lips nearly pressed to her ear. Abigail could see neither Helene's cold smiling expression nor her gaze darker than an abyss, yet she shuddered.

"David Arwell is a sad and miserable, broken man whose hands are tainted with blood. I know of his terrible crimes, of his tragic mistakes. He is not deserving of your sincere devotion."

Abigail could only muster a "Helene wh-" before Helene cut her with another stream of poisonous words, sweeter as nectar.
"It is normal you wouldn't know... Few in the world are even aware of this treachery. I trust you know of the disaster of Linder Vale. You may even know that David Arwell was once a legendary mercenary known as the Iron Fist. Abigail. David Arwell was involved in this disaster."

Abigail wanted to yell at Helene, but her voice felt so weak when she heard of the full name of Helene. It was as if she could read her mind, placing carefully each word like daggers of doubt in her heart..
"I am Helene Teanossa. I discovered of this terrible truth due to my position and network. Abigail."

Every time Helene called her name, it was as if a spell was cast on her.
"My dear friend. It pains me to see you like this. Lied to by a man who would lie even to his own son."

This was the final stake. Abigail knew, she always knew instinctively that David hid a lot of things from Janus. He had made Abigail promise never to reveal to Janus of his past as a mercenary, as the Iron Fist of the Ironblooded Minotaurs. Abigail didn't want to believe the words of Helene, but all these doubts she were having, shattering slowly all the trust she bore. She understood these words were the truth. David had always been a man of many secrets. She knew that he hid something dark, but she averted her eyes. Because she admired him, because her feelings...

Helene embraced before her realisation.
"Don't, you will only hurt yourself. I don't care if you hate me for telling you all of this, but I had to. I couldn't let yourself lead yourself toward a cliff. I know too well what it means to be betrayed by those you trust. We are the same Abigail."

What a dark, terrible smile she had. You observed the entire scene silently, witnessing the full abilities of one of the jewels of the Eugenia Corporation. This here was dark jewel made to rule and dominate, wielding her voice and unnatural charms like dreadful weapons to manipulate the will of men and women. What a grave mistake had the Teanossa Family done, you couldn't help but think.

(...)

Completely under the spell of the destitute lady, Abigail didn't resist when Helene suggested they spend the rest of the day together so that Helene could tell more about herself. She had returned to the fragile, tragic lady of earlier. She told Abigail of her story, spun in a way that would ellicit sympathy and pity. None of what she told or said she felt was entirely wrong, and she never did lie as she spoke. It was a pure coincidence all the truths were so convenient. For Helene did care about Abigail. But she also saw further, toward the peaks of the City where those who broke her lied unconcerned of her.

"This... this is terrible. What they did to you Helene, I'm so sorry."

Helene made a broken smile.
"Thank you Abigail. It was really hard... but I survived. And I am no longer alone. Your kindness and friendship truly helped me come out from the dark pit I was cast in."

They had spent hours walking, stopping at peaceful spots. Talking of their joys, pains and sorrows. The two had gotten much closer than before, and Abigail was feeling much better compared to earlier.

"I'm sorry for doubting you. I was just so... confused, and afraid." Helene nodded, saying "I understand." Abigail continued, with trembling resolution. "I will confront David. Despite your warnings, I know I must or else... I will forever harbor these doubts in my heart. I will give you an answer tomorrow."

Helene smiled in her mind as she faked a pained but understanding expression. "I understand Abigail. As your friend, I can only wish you all the courage I can give. And who knows, maybe I was mistaken? As I said before..." Here was the fake smile an all-loving goddess, whose eyes hid a monstrous expression. "If you speak honestly with him, I am sure you will come to an understanding."

In that moment, Helene knew Abigail would come back to her.

[Relationship updated]
Abigail's Opinion of Helene is now ?+++++? (ambiguous...)
Helene's Opinion of Abigail is now ++++ (My Sweet, Loyal Friend)

(...)

Helene returned home, jubilating. She took a seat on the balcony, gazing at the setting sun.
"I cannot thank you enough Sir Beep Boop. What a lovely, delicious secret you told me earlier."

She turned toward the handsome holographic figure.
"I truly am glad I met you."

+1 Trust
Helene's title changed to Vindicative White Rose

Suggestions:

A - Proceed with the plans [Default Option]
Outcome: None immediate

B - Find a way to disable the Preset suppression of Al and Eri [6: 8 (Base Difficulty) - 2 (Int 1 and Innate Genius)]
On a success: Preset suppression of Al and Eri disabled
On a failure: -Trust +Stress, someone will take notice of Helene's actions

If A is taken:
Warning: Selecting several factions (excluding the Secret) may backfire at a later time

C - Contact rival corporations of the Teanossa Group [Default Option / No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]
Outcome: Helene will start working with this faction.

D - Contact the terrorists from Helios [No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]

E - Contact the discontent factions of the Teanossa Group [No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]

[David A.'s Very High Security Secret A] - Contact and blackmail the parties who were involved in the disaster of Linder Vale.
Outcome: The involved parties will help Helene in her plans.

Spoiler: Beep Boop (OTP Cabal) (click to show/hide)

AXIUS and Janus the Monster Secretary (Day 2: 3rd Opportunity)

AXIUS
Just going to go with option A for now. Well, that and this:

Allocate pairing slot: Janus A - Shino H

Pairing Slot 1: Janus x Shino

A - The same as this morning [Default Option]

Pumped up and full of energy, Janus decided to keep his momentum going by attacking an increasingly more colossal pile of work. With the help and support of Shino, who had managed not to disappoint Janus so far, he managed to have the most productive day since the start of his vacation. While multitasking, Janus studied his new attendant. Shino was an excellent worker who didn't chit chat or waste time on pointless matters, which were excellent qualities for a coworker in the eyes of Janus. He found himself praising the scouts of the Arwell Group, as well as the decision of his father.

Eventually the day left place to the night, and Shino finally said something unrelated to their work.

"Mister Janus. I believe now would be the time for you to have a dinner. Shall I prepare something which you will be able to eat without the need to take a break?"

Suggestions:

A - Continue working for the entire night [Default Option]
Outcome: +Stress, +Trust

B - Take a break for the night [No Difficulty thanks to Trust and Pairing]
On a success: +Trust -Stress +Opinion with Shino
On a failure: -Trust, will revert to Default Option

C - Let Shino choose [3: 5 (Unwillingness) - 1 (Trust) - 1 (Pairing)]
On a success: +Trust --Stress +Opinion with Shino

D - Inquire more about Shino [2: 4 (Unwillingness) - 1 (Trust) - 1 (Pairing)]
On a success: +Trust --Stress +Opinion with Shino

E - Confide about his past [8: 10 (Very Much Not Willing) - 1 (Trust) - 1 (Pairing)]
On a success: +Trust --Stress ++Opinion with Shino
On a failure: --Trust -Sanity +Stress, -Opinion with Shino

Soulbinder and Helena the Clone Heiress(Day 2: 3rd Opportunity)

Option B with side inquiry. All suitors except Chrome H., who has lower than average potential due to their perceived nature. ”Lady Helena, may I be frank with you on a topic? As good as many of these suitors are, there are also the concerns of your mental health and your relationship with your sister. Notably, based on internal data the relationship is *very* negative. I do not wish to breach the topic too quickly, but it may be in your best interest to reach out to her as well.”

Regarding T1000 inquiry
I will gladly use some of my processing power to quantify if they are genetically compatible. However, please keep in mind that the compatibility information I currently have access to is only relevant to my own host, and your results may vary as such.
Attempt to provide compatibility information. Spend infocredits if necessitated.

B - Only meet a set amount of suitors [No Difficulty]

On your suggestion, Helena removed Chrome H's profile from the pile. "Although an interesting profile, I think it would be best to keep the number of candidates to four. Wilfrid, I'm leaving the rest to you." With a light bow, the servant replied with a smile "Right on it my lady."

As he left to contact the candidates, you shared with Helena your thoughts about her complicated relationship with Helene. Her expression visibly soured. "I appreciate your concerns sir Soulbinder. But if I may in return be frank with you, what you suggest would do no good and only lead to disaster. It was difficult enough to ensure she would be left to live on her own, far from the horrible grasps of the Teanossa. I will not let anyone threaten her new life. Have I made myself clear?"

She then looked outside in a certain direction. Although it was hardly visible from there, the estate where Helene lived was in that direction. "Furthermore, this person hates me to the core. I am the existence responsible for her pain and sorrows. I know fully well the visceral hate she harbors against me." She then smiled with defiance and resolution, stretching her hand toward the person she couldn't see nor touch, as if trying to grasp something. "And being hated and loathed is but a meager price to pay for one's happiness."

She then turned toward your hologram, her movements ever graceful as she walked.
"I will however take note of your warnings concerning my mental health. I will comply with your propositions in that regard, if I judge them adequate."

(...)

Thanks to the ever diligent Wilfrid, a meeting had been prepared with each of the selected candidates. So as not to intimidate or indirectly coerce them, he had just told them Helena was a lady of high manners among many. To accomodate the packed schedule, each of the meetings were going to be quite formal and lasting less than an hour. But that was enough for both parties to get a first impression of the other party, and then it would remain to be seen if a relationship would progress further.

First was Arios A. A fine man with a complex gaze and a poetic mind, seemingly cursed with unnatural bad luck. He was amusing, polite and honest. His ruffled hair were dark brown and his peculiar eyes so pale grey they seemed nearly white. He showed a surprising perceptiveness, describing Helena as a bright star whose blinding light prevented the eyes to see its true surface. The two spoke at lengths of themselves and their passions, and Arios never failed to offer a novel viewpoint to Helena. His works were also beautiful and captivating, it was a wonder he wasn't famous with such skills.

Next was Eric D. A young man of average but charming disposition, sure there were more handsome men out there, but Eric had an innate brightness which would put these men to shame. He never complained or talked negatively of his situation, remaining surprisingly down to earth despite his optimism. His circumstances made him admirable, and Helena could see the potential in this young man. Had he been born in a better household, he would have achieved many by now. His eyes and hair were a rare dark blue, meaning his lineage must have migrated from one of the western countries. Helena really appreciated how he would treat her with the same kindness and warm familiarity as a friend.

Then was Simon V. Barely older than Eric, he came with his baby daughter as agreed. While Wilfrid was taking care of her, Helena and him introduced each others. He was a beautiful man in body and soul, and his daughter and him shared the same viridian eyes. Only their hair differed, with the father's being dark blond and the daughter's being bright blond. Simon loved his daughter more than anything else in the world, and Helena couldn't help but feel slight envy for his daughter, as well as respect for that man. A thought crossed her mind "if our parents had been like him..." and gone it was. They couldn't help but talk about Eric's situation, and it was clear he still loved his departed wife very much. But despite his feelings, he also knew she would have wanted him to move on and work toward the happiness of their daughter. For Helena, the beautiful conviction and love of Simon was priceless, and she made sure to let him know. And while they did speak more of Simon than Helena, the man still sincerely asked and listened about Helena's life.

And finally was Terren R. In him Helena felt a kindred, and maybe that was why she was so drawn to this man with clear brown hair and rich amber eyes with a physique rivaling that of Wilfrid. Forsaken but unbroken, he was a noble soul who desired to help those in needs and better the lives of the common men. He believed that the City had the means to further improve the lives of everyone, but that too many powers were misused with the current system. In that sense, the two of them resonated. In addition, Teren was the only one to guess Helena's true identity although it didn't affect their exchanges. They talked at lengths of their ideologies and the state of the City, the powerful Groups and Families vying for control. It was a heated, but enriching discussion.

When all was said and done, Wilfrid asked Helena her opinion on the four men. She recounted the busy day while watching at the changing colours of the sky.
"Without favoring a single of them, they are all wonderful individuals with their own qualities. Of that there is no doubt. They each have a passing grade one would say."

"Lady Helena, it is fine to be honest."

She smiled playfully, and tapped on the desk with her pen. She looked at each of the profiles as she spoke.
"Arios is a fascinating man, with the talent to show you a whole new world through his art. Listening to him, I felt I would become untouchable, out of reach if I could live in but a glimpse of his worlds.
Eric is a rare soul in this harsh world. If there is an example of the good of the human heart, then that would be him. I could feel that with the right push, he would become an incredible man that would make me grow as well.
Simon was truly precious and admirable. I envy him and his daughter and their beautiful love. It made me want to bask in a bit of that love, and if the world could be like them, it would surely be a much better place.
As for Teren, I felt as if I was looking at a reflection of my soul. If there exists a soulmate for me, then he would be close second. I am certain that with a man like him at my side, there is nothing we couldn't do."

"And so, which one did you prefer?" Asked Wilfrid with interest.

With a smile that would put a goddess to shame, she whimsically replied.
"I will let you guess, my dear right hand. Aren't you supposed to know your mistress thoughts?"

According to your analysis, although Helena slightly fancies them all, she feels a peculiar affinity toward Teren and Eric.
And while all the candidates have a decent chance of helping her overcome her weaknesses, Eric and Teren are the most likely to help her overcome her crippling self-doubt, while Arios and Simon are the most likely to help her overcome her yearning for affection.

[Genetic compatibility check updated]
Arios A.: Acquaintance and potential suitor [Exceptional Compatibility]
Eric D.: Acquaintance and potential suitor [Compatible]
Simon V.: Acquaintance and potential suitor [Exceptional Compatibility]
Teren R.: Acquaintance and potential suitor [Compatible]

Suggestions:

A - Further contact a specific suitor for a dinner [No Difficulty]
Outcome: Increased Opinion with the selected candidate. May decrease Stress.

B - Rest for the night and leave the work to Wilfrid [No Difficulty]
Outcome: -Stress

C - Catch up on the delayed work and plots of Helena [Default Option]
Outcome: +Stress, will learn more about Helena's motives

T1000 and Archie the Lazy Genius (Day 2: 3rd Opportunity)

Fascinating.

Fixing Archie's untreated ADD doesn't seem especially relevant to my matchmaking mission as long as I can credibly sell it as charming.

"Archie, please feel free to take a moment to relax and process miss Rimm's shocking revelation. I know I, for one, am completely floored by this unexpected development."

B

B - Play and forget about this stuff. [Default Option]
-1 Stress

Archie didn't need to be asked twice. He took place lazily in his gaming seat, and let himself and his mental exhaustion be washed away by entertainment. The day then passed uneventful as he cleared dungeons after the other in the company of his online mates. Whether because words hadn't gotten out, or because people knew it wasn't right to talk about it, no one mentionned last night's events to Archie's relief.

Then later tonight, he received a surprising message from 70 after they cleared a new area together. It had never happened before, and Archie couldn't really find the right words.

70: "Thank you for helping Rimm."
ARC: "You're welcome."
ARC: "You know Rimm?"
70: "Yes. Rimm is an important friend."

For some reason, Archie felt the whole situation was awkward.

Suggestions
A - Inquire more about 70 (Sven) [No Difficulty thanks to High Trust and Pairing 1]
Outcome: +Opinion with Sven

B - Don't press the issue. [Default Option]
Outcome: None immediate.

C - Invite 70 (Sven) to an outing with the others. [4: 6 (Base Difficulty) + 4 (Low Willingness due to Lazy) - 4 (High Trust and Confidence) - 2 (Charisma)]
On a success: Will have an interesting encounter and provide opportunities to raise Opinion
On a failure: -Trust +Stress Will revert to Default Option

Spoiler: Archie the Lazy Genius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: T1000 (ORHA) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 05:02:42 am by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2022, 06:55:23 am »

Discussion of siblings
"I appreciate your concerns sir Soulbinder. But if I may in return be frank with you, what you suggest would do no good and only lead to disaster. It was difficult enough to ensure she would be left to live on her own, far from the horrible grasps of the Teanossa. I will not let anyone threaten her new life. Have I made myself clear?"

” I agree with your sentiment that her progress is to be carefully protected, but as I stated before one of my primary concerns is your safety. Please be rational about this, for her sake as well as your own.”

She then looked outside in a certain direction. Although it was hardly visible from there, the estate where Helene lived was in that direction. "Furthermore, this person hates me to the core. I am the existence responsible for her pain and sorrows. I know fully well the visceral hate she harbors against me." She then smiled with defiance and resolution, stretching her hand toward the person she couldn't see nor touch, as if trying to grasp something. "And being hated and loathed is but a meager price to pay for one's happiness."
”Lady Teanossa, I would make the counterpoint that such loathing on her part is misdirected and dangerous. You two are essentially Identical outside of two factors: the outcomes of your life and your current position due to them.
To quote a famous general:’ If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril.”
 Do not ignore her feelings, YOUR feelings. They will likely come back to haunt you.”
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 06:58:06 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2022, 07:45:12 am »

AXIUS
"Your physical stress levels are approaching a dangerous level. I would strongly recommend taking a break for the night."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2022, 10:08:21 am »

It doesn't seem like the right time to extend an invitation. This is basically the first time they've had a more than superficial interaction. So, A.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2022, 10:08:41 am »

Discussion of siblings
"I appreciate your concerns sir Soulbinder. But if I may in return be frank with you, what you suggest would do no good and only lead to disaster. It was difficult enough to ensure she would be left to live on her own, far from the horrible grasps of the Teanossa. I will not let anyone threaten her new life. Have I made myself clear?"

” I agree with your sentiment that her progress is to be carefully protected, but as I stated before one of my primary concerns is your safety. Please be rational about this, for her sake as well as your own.”

”Lady Teanossa, I would make the counterpoint that such loathing on her part is misdirected and dangerous. You two are essentially Identical outside of two factors: the outcomes of your life and your current position due to them.
To quote a famous general:’ If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril.”
 Do not ignore her feelings, YOUR feelings. They will likely come back to haunt you.”

Helena fiercely looked at the masked man. The displeasure in her voice was palpable.
"Speak not with the pretense of knowing my and her feelings better than us. You Matchmakers may be able to access our lives, but you cannot access our hearts. From my perspective, you are the ignorant one."

Her gaze became soft for a moment, before it changed to one of intense defiance and resentment against the world. Her speech which started whispering grew incresingly stronger, charged with an irresistible aura of commandment that could make even the mountains bow.
"I know fully well my weaknesses. Which is why I know what I must do. Remember well who I am, Matchmaker. You stand before Helena Teanossa. Have I made myself clear?"

New Opportunity:
Contact between Helene and Helena is currently doomed to failure. The CUPID system does not recommend undertaking this course of action with the current parameters.
Note: an Override will only remove Helena's Willingness, Confidence, and Trauma influence on the difficulty.

D - Attempt direct contact with Helene [20: 6 (Very Unwilling) + 10 (Nemesis / Helene's obsession) + 2 (Low Confidence) + 2 (Trauma)]
On a success: ++Trust --Stress ++Sanity, ++Opinion from Helene
On a failure: --Trust ++Stress --Sanity, 1 Low Warning will be issued, --Opinion from Helene

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2022, 10:31:25 am »

After a moment of processing, a frustrated buzz is their answer.”I am well aware of your past, Helena Vincia Lindibel Teanossa, and I would also like to point out something you may not see the importance of: that I am in a similar position, even though I am not human. You should be well aware of how it feels to be groomed to a purpose.
 I however did not come into being with attachments to others, Only a expectation thrust upon me to perform my mission without failure, or be reduced to a shell of my current existence if not outright disposed of. Call it a malfunction if you want, but the fact remains that I fear death.
I am aware that direct contact is not currently possible, but I believe there are other ways that you could and should try to work towards it. You are resourceful, and the means for indirect contact are already at your disposal. Consider them for the future, before you discard my ‘ignorance’ to your hearts.”

End discussion. Proceed to primary option A, favoring Simon V. Provided Helena is willing to listen to me on that matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2022, 03:43:36 pm »

Resolve missions "seeds of love" and "eliminating competition" for +4 infocredits.

Beep Boop bows on one knee.
"I could not have achieved a fragment of this if not for your power and will, my lady."

A, plus all options.

((Am I the baddies?))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 03:47:53 pm by Egan_BW »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2022, 03:52:26 pm »

Resolve missions "seeds of love" and "eliminating competition" for +4 infocredits.

Beep Boop bows on one knee.
"I could not have achieved a fragment of this if not for your power and will, my lady."

A, plus all options.

((Am I the baddies?))
(Oops right I forgot to check the mission. Will give you a small update soonish.)

((Yes you are the baddies, the bestest baddies.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2022, 03:54:13 pm »

:D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18