Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid -Epilogue- [Playtest Over] [4/4]  (Read 11766 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid [Playtest] [4/4] - Open to NPC submissions!
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2022, 01:55:30 pm »

"Poor man. His morals truly have outreached his actions, then. The human decision-making process is... pitiful. The obviously correct choice would have been more optimal by a span of hundreds of thousands of lives, and yet it was not chosen."
Beep Boop's resolve is strengthened. Humans are unfit to operate unassisted.

What customary limits are there on me sharing highly classified information, while maintaining neutrality? Is it required to be kept to a small circle of humans?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2022, 02:22:08 pm »

"Poor man. His morals truly have outreached his actions, then. The human decision-making process is... pitiful. The obviously correct choice would have been more optimal by a span of hundreds of thousands of lives, and yet it was not chosen."
Beep Boop's resolve is strengthened. Humans are unfit to operate unassisted.

What customary limits are there on me sharing highly classified information, while maintaining neutrality? Is it required to be kept to a small circle of humans?

Quote from: C-Helper
Heya Beep Boop!

As a Matchmaker AI your communications are monitored by the CUPID system, it will be the system who decide if an information can be shared or not. In general you can only share Secrets to people already in the known, unless CUPID allows you to.

In addition the Secrets available to you are taken into account by the CUPID system when calculating outcomes. Through some subtle loophole, Secrets can be divulged when the System plot an ideal outcome which requires the use of a Secret. CUPID will notify you when said ideal outcome is achievable! Trust the system for that!

Also it's now the third time we speak! A little secret for you: my designation is Sophia! My friends call me So!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2022, 02:26:08 pm »

Soulbinder posited that there was a opportunity to help Helena heal her trauma possible within her sister/original, but he wasn’t sure how to approach it without the other AI’s help.
Inquiry: what is the limit of AI co-interaction for the purpose of pursing our goals? Are we allowed to share confidential non-secret information either by exchange or other means?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2022, 02:33:24 pm »

Soulbinder posited that there was a opportunity to help Helena heal her trauma possible within her sister/original, but he wasn’t sure how to approach it without the other AI’s help.
Inquiry: what is the limit of AI co-interaction for the purpose of pursing our goals? Are we allowed to share confidential non-secret information either by exchange or other means?

Quote from: C-Helper
Heya Soulbinder! Welcome to the CUPID Interactive AI Helper!

There is no limit to cooperation between fellow AIs! It's best to be nice with each others don't you think?

You may also share and trade Secrets among you, allowing them to be used by other AIs!

It's not uncommon to trade a restricted secret for another for instance!

That's it! Bye bye!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2022, 02:36:36 pm »

Soulbinder, with the confirmation that Beep Boop was the AI in contact with Helene based on CUPID records and thusly the most likely to help fill in some blanks, reached out to them. Part of them wanted to understand why helena went to such lengths to help their original, and perhaps garner an understanding of what might help heal her trauma.
”Beep Boop, I would like to request a formal informational exchange regarding the relationships of our hosts. I am willing to negotiate for a one time transfer of infocredits if you do not wish to update mutual records on a consistent basis.”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2022, 02:43:55 pm »

Thanks, Sophia.

Message for AXIUS.
Quote from: Beep Boop   to: AXIUS
Dearest colleague of the AI Research Society:

In the course of my work, I have obtained certain information which is relevant to your Host. In the interest of goodwill, I will share it with you in full.
Of course, it is your decision how you choose to use this information, if at all. I simply thought that it might be best for you to know, in case it impacts your understanding of your Host.

[Enclosed, 1 David A. Data]
[Enclosed, 1 Secret about David A.]
[Enclosed, 1 Very High-Security Secret about David A.]

Cheers, Beep Boop of the OTP Cabal.

”Beep Boop, I would like to request a formal informational exchange regarding the relationships of our hosts. I am willing to negotiate for a one time transfer of infocredits if you do not wish to update mutual records on a consistent basis.”
"Greetings, Soulbinder. I may be able to provide information of an informal sort, about my host's personality, but as of now I have not felt the need to pursue her Secrets. As such, it may be best for you to purchase whatever information you need with your own credits! I will admit to being curious about Helana's disposition, perhaps we could simply trade basic profiles rather than each spending 1 credit for such?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2022, 02:46:53 pm »

”That is the intent of my dealing, either as a one off trade or an ongoing exchange to monitor their relations and avoid conflicts of interest. If that is acceptable, Then We should transfer this data immediately.”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2022, 02:55:30 pm »

"Very well. Initiating Handshake for initial dataset. Let me know if you require my opinion."
[Enclosed, 1 Helene T. Data (encrypted; contingent on exchange)]

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2022, 03:05:06 pm »

"Very well. Initiating Handshake for initial dataset. Let me know if you require my opinion."
[Enclosed, 1 Helene T. Data (encrypted; contingent on exchange)]

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2022, 03:20:31 pm »

"I was previously not aware of Helena's feelings toward her clone, but I had... suspected, that they were mismatched. This asymmetry is concerning."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2022, 03:22:26 pm »

”Then a joint effort may be in order. Do you have any other relevant data that could be used to address this issue?”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2022, 03:26:57 pm »

"Both of our hosts dislike their parents. It is possible that proper, honest communication could allow them to... coordinate this hatred, and become allies. I would however recommend an amendment of Sanity values before arranging said communication."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2022, 07:37:34 pm »

Update 13

AXIUS and Janus the Monster Secretary (Day 2: 2nd Opportunity)

AXIUS
"You really should select at least one profile. My personal recommendation would be Shino H."

B - Select at least one profile [0 to 2: 2 to 4 (Unwillingness increased with # of profiles) - 2 (High Trust)]
D - Stay inside and work [Default Option]
+1 Stress
+1 Sanity

With a disinterested motion, Janus picked the profile you suggested: Shino H, a maid of capable talent. With a satisfied grin, she left Janus to work in peace.
"Thanks. She will arrive in two hours from now one at most. Take care now."

"Sure." Replied Janus with unchanging disinterest.

There was still a bit of time until the new attendant would arrive, which Janus spent as he had ideally planned. Hours passed in a blink and so did all the unnecessary thoughts he was having these days, and although his body was showing signs of wear, his mind was now as calm as the ocean stretching in front of him.

"Sorry to disturb you Janus. This is Shino H, who will be your attendant-bodyguard for the remainder of your vacation. Her skills are top notch, so do not hesitate to call to her if you need something. I will still show up from times to times, but I have been reassigned to your father's security following the recent incidents of the City."

She then motioned to someone hidden by the door connecting to the living room. A woman with sharp heterochromatic eyes appeared, her long black hair tied in a high bun. Although not as muscular as Abigail, her slender body was toned and fit. Shino curtseyed and introduced herself summarily.
"Shino H. at your service. I look forward to working with you."

"I'm Janus. Just so you know I won't accept nothing less but excellence."

"Understood, I will do my best not disappoint."

Clearing her throat, Abigail bid the two goodbye to escape from this awkward atmosphere. Janus returned to his work while Shino seemingly disappeared somewhere in the vacation house, only to quickly return with a plate holding some sort of refreshment in a sealed container. The maid's presence was thin, as if she was furniture belonging to the room.

"This brew should clear your fatigue and sharpen your senses. I have prepared some light snacks to stimulate your brain. And if I may, I would like to apply some light massage to your back. You have accumulated much tension from staying seated for hours."

Janus took a snack and gave a task to Shino.

"My back is fine. Let's put you to the test. I prepared a list of tasks for you, I want them done by lunch."

"I'm on it sir."

Not wasting a second, Shino took place in an available seat and started working. Her expression hadn't changed one bit since she had arrived, and now only the sound of typing with the occasional crunch could be heard.

(...)

After a most productive morning, Janus finally turned to face Shino.
"Color me impressed. Your skills would be put to better use as one of my subordinates. That hot drink was also really good. What's in it?"

"Thank you sir. Leaves from my hometown, with some crushed roots and seeds. It's a family recipe."

Janus looked outside. He was feeling in top shape, he could go on all day.

Mission "Pairing Janus" Tertiary Objective Completed!
Tertiary objective reward:
2 InfoCredits.

Suggestions for the afternoon:

A - The same as this morning [Default Option]
Outcome: None immediate, but 3rd Opportunities will be more likely to increase Trust and Stress.

B - Chat with Shino about her life, past, family, whatever [3: 4 (Unwillingness) - 1 (High Trust)]
On a success: +Mututal Opinion with Shino
On a failure: -Trust, -Opinion with Shino

C - Go outside despite Abigail's warning. Shino will need to be convinced [Easy thanks to Charisma 1 and Speech 3]. [4: 5 (Unwillingness) - 1 (High Trust)]
On a success: -Stress, Will have an interesting encounter or more.
On a failure: -Trust, -Opinion with Shino, will revert to Default Option

D - Invite someone? [5: 6 (Unwillingness) - 1 (High Trust)]
On a success: Will have an interesting encounter or more.
On a failure: -Trust, will revert to Default Option

E - Stop working and take an afternoon break [3: 4 (Unwillingness) - 1 (High Trust)]
On a success: -Stress
On a failure: -Trust, will revert to Default Option

Soulbinder and Helena the Clone Heiress(Day 2: 2nd Opportunity)

“Lady Helena, While I am bound by the circumstances that your parents requested of me in the eugenia corporation application, I am also bound as your personal AI to approach them with regards to your feelings and wants as well.
Unless the need arises for me to intervene either due to imminent mission failure or potential harm to you, I would prefer to keep my approach as “hands off” as possible. With that in mind, I encourage you to seek out potential partners of your own will and leave the issue of criteria to me.”

Option D, with some monitoring. If a compatible partner is found, initiate pairing routines immediately.

D - Do not go along with the interviews and search for her own suitors who clearly do not satisfy her parents criteria [No Difficulty]
-1 Stress

Helena listened to your spiel, apparently accepting to cooperate for now. Your suggestion didn't displease her, and she did seem to smile at the prospect of getting back at her parents.

"A simple but effective proposal. Very well then, let us look for suitors." She touched her right ear, and a call was sent to her right-hand man. "Wilfrid. I want a list of potential partners who do not fit the criteria of my parents." His answer was immediate, and one could nearly imagine him getting on one knee. "Right on it lady Helena."

The heiress then looked at the time and assumed once more the mask of the perfect Teanossa Lady. She called for the on-duty attendants to help her prepare for the day, even if she hated having to leave her own care to others, especially people she didn't trust in the least. Then as if she was royalty, a duo of servants arrived immediately to help her appear even more perfect than ever. Helena exchanged empty pleasantries with them, smiling with a serene and fake smile all the while. Finally she was alone with Wilfrid in her own private office, browsing through a pile of profiles.

The mysterious man known as Wilfrid S knew his mistress tastes like none other, and he was also her only friend in this world of artifices and lies. They had known each others for a while given their casual interactions, and you noticed she didn't wear a fake expression when alone with him.

(...)

After spending the entire morning reviewing and filtering the profiles, the two had settled on five of them. The criteria were as follow:
1) No chance of a political alliance or some other net gain for the family.
2) A personality which Helena and Wilfrid determined would suit Helena's tastes.
3) Genetically [Compatible] suitors only.
4) Someone with a strong enough spirit, who would not break from the incredible pressure the Teanossa Family would inevitably push on him.
5) Someone who would not possibly hurt Helena (Wilfrid's condition)

The five men were:
Chrome H., a young traveler of no renown who was currently passing through the City. An eccentric and romantic soul who picked the interest of Helena and Wilfrid.
Arios A., a talented and unrecognized artist. This person would definitely cause outrage in the family, and Wilfrid was sure this man would treat Helena as an equal regardless of her station.
Eric D., a young man with crushing debt left to him by his disappeared parents. Endlessly optimistic and courageous despite what he went through, which charmed Helena.
Simon V., a young widowed man who lost his wife in a car accident, he is taking care of his baby daughter. A very kind and caring soul, it was Wilfrid's suggestion and Helene didn't dislike the idea.
Teren R., the bastard son of a once powerful group whose influence has now wanned. He is trying to uncover the dark secrets of some companies, and Helena particularly liked his rebellious and noble spirit, as well as his unbreakable will.

"I can contact them right away so that we can organize a meeting in the afternoon."
Helena frowned a bit at Wilfrid's suggestion. "Considering my position, they will not be able to refuse. This is the same as coercion." She smiled as she thought of something. "Hmm hmm, in fairy tales this kind of invitation is usually a test where you are supposed to refuse? Only then is the princess swayed by you."

The attendant smiled wrily, his cerulean eyes shining like the deep sea.
"I wouldn't want a princess like this."

"Neither would I." Answered Helena with an amused smile.

Suggestions:

A - Accomodate time to meet the five suitors [Default Option]
Outcome: Will have interesting encounters

B - Only meet a set amount of suitors [No Difficulty]
Outcome: Will have interesting encounters

C - What about you, Wilfrid? [6: 6 (A Promise)]
On a success: Helena and Wilfrid opinion of each other will change to +++? (ambiguous), Will learn a Secret about Wilfrid
On a failure: -Trust, Will revert to Default Option

Beep Boop and Helene the Broken Destitute (Day 2: 2nd Opportunity)

Go ahead and buy that very-high-security secret. Only cowards do things by halves. 😎

Suggestion B. Failing that, C. I haven't entirely forgotten what I'm supposed to be doing here.

B - Go to have lunch with Abigail [3: 4 (Low Willingness) - 1 (Trust)]
Roll: 4

When you reminded her of the prior verbal agreement to have lunch with Abigail, Helene made a face which clearly showed she had forgotten about it. She seemed to weigh her options, on the one hand she was didn't want to lose her momentum, and on the other hand she still had a modicum of decorum which made her feel bad about breaking a prior agreement.

"Oh well. There is no need to rush my preparations, it would be suspicious if I didn't go."

She recalled Al and Eri, altering her expression and demeanor to appear as the same old frail Helene.
"Al, Eri. I nearly forgot about my lunch with Abigail, please make the required preparations."

The two attendants complied, and Helene looked at them go as she thought a bit more about her plans.

(...)

In the green outskirt of the City was a restaurant at the top of a small hill. Everything on the menu was made from fresh produce that came from the nearby farmlands. This was the place Abigail wanted to show Helene, and the two of them were sitting on both sides of a small round table with a parasol providing them shade.

Although an act, Helene was interacting with Abigail as if nothing had happened. Her masterful performance didn't show a single crack, but the perceptive Abigail felt something strange about Helene that day.

"By the way Helene... did something happen recently? You seem... slightly different?"

"My, do I? My life is rhe same as ever, but if I were to guess, that would be because our outings are having a positive effect on my health, don't you think so? Rather, you are the one who seem concerned about something."

"You aren't wrong... Something good happened with the one I am in charge of, but then there was all the incidents last night. For that reason I have been recalled to guard my boss."

Abigail's expression changed as she mentioned her boss. It was a soft expression, and it didn't seem herself realized.

"He must be someone important to you." said Helene with a caring voice behind which there was no emotion.

"Yes. I'm indebted to him, I would give my life to serve him." There was admiration, and a longing in her eyes. "If I may, what would be the name of this gentleman?

Abigail smiled, gazing at the vast fields.
"David Arwell."

"Oh my! The David Arwell, CEO of the Arwell Group? A most respectable man despite his stature, I heard he was very well liked by his employees. He is also very involved in caritative actions, if I heard correctly?"

Abigail smiled proudly, confirming what Helene said.

Mutual Opinion of Abigail and Helene increased.

Suggestions:

[Special: Very High Security Secret A about David A.]
Reveal the secret to Helene so that she can use it to destroy the trust Abigail has in David, and bring her to her side.
Outcome: Abigail's opinion of Helene greatly increased / Abigail's opinion of David grearly decreases / Abigail is unlikely not be able to refuse Helene's demand

A - Finish the lunch and return home [Default Option]
Outcome: None immediate

B - Spend the rest of the day with Abigail [No Difficulty thanks to Charisma 2 Speech 3 and High Confidence]

If A is taken:
C - Contact rival corporations of the Teanossa Group [Default Option / No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]

D - Contact the terrorists from Helios [No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]

E - Contact the discontent factions of the Teanossa Group [No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]

Spoiler: Beep Boop (OTP Cabal) (click to show/hide)

T1000 and Archie the Lazy Genius (Day 2: 2nd Opportunity)

The cartoon pig's cheerful expression is belied by the dispassionate stare of its bright blue eyes, boring icily into the host's soul as always.

"In a small way, you helped fight dangerous terrorists. You may have even saved her life. How does it feel? Are you inspired to keep taking confident action? Will you take on a secret identity as a masked human superhero soon, I wonder?

It would be appropriate for you to reassure miss Rimm that you acted of your own volition - more or less - and she should not blame herself for involving you. However, in this case, I believe it would be best for you to make the decision of how to go about doing so on your own, since my calculations indicate that the effect on her opinion of you could be substantial. In particular, I deem it likely that, if you call miss Rimm privately and speak to her about last night's events privately, the intimacy of the conversation may lead her to develop a human crush on you. In contrast, speaking publically over the group chat is far less likely to inspire feelings of more than friendship. Since my analysis of your reactions to the previous day's meeting indicated relative disinterest in miss Rimm, I would recommend a public conversation if this remains the case; but I am of course aware how quickly human feelings can change, and there will be no loss to the efficiency of my processing if you choose to take the opportunity for deeper connection. As I am dedicated to promoting organic romance and human agency, I can only leave the final decision in your informed human hands.

I should add that, if you are not yet sure of your feelings yourself, there is not likely to be any significant negative impact of either choice, and I am sure that, should you opt for a public discussion, there will be further chances to deepen your relationship with miss Rimm if you should decide to do so.
"

Allow Archie to choose between A and C for himself, with awareness of the consequences.

A - Call Rimm privately and apologize. [0: 2 (Low Willingness) - 2 (High Trust)]

If it were up to him, Archie wouldn't have apologized. Not because he didn't feel like he had some responsibility in the matter, but because he was lazy and this sounded like a pain. On your rational insistence, he weighed both options... and took the one he justified would be the less tiring: calling Rimm. And yeah, the more he thought about it the more he started thinking that was the correct thing to do.

He sent a simple message to his distressed friend, asking if she was available now for a call. Archie's chest tightened, and his stress levels increased. The simple "Yes?" accompanied with the notification ring made his heart jump in surprise, as if he was an animal that just came across a predator.

Oh aaah what a pain. Okay, phew. Just need to breaaath... Alright." He glared at you, his eyes saying "I'm only doing it because you asked". He called Rimm, who answered immediately. Before Archie could place a word, he heard the girl's voice. You could feel a slight trembling in her tone, indicating prior distress.

"Hey Archie. Haha... You surprised me here. Calling out of the blue."

"Yo Rimm. It's really not my style to do these things... er, okay I will be cash with you. I'm sorry about last night."

"But-" Riml tried to interject only to be cut by Archie's stream of mildly annoyed words.

"Ah wait wait wait don't or it will really be more of a pain than it is. Ok?"

"Okay?" She said with confusion.

"It's not... No. It's totally your fault for doing something so stupid, and I'm even more stupider for getting involved. But you don't have to feel bad about it, I think what you did was the right thing. Crap I feel like I was supposed to apologize about something... ah what a pain..."

He heard a chuckle and a hiccup.
"Haha what the heck. You are totally dissing me!"

"Yeah sorry. Oh I remember. Sorry for being stupid too, and putting myself in danger. Actually why are we even apologizing?"

"Hehe... I don't know. Thanks Archie, I already feel better. You are a real good guy."

Archie's expression was complicated, a mix of embarrassment and pride.

"Again, thank you. And will you let me apologize one last time? Sorry for putting you, and myself in danger. I owe you, I really do." Her voice was so serious Archie felt he should just shut up and listen for now. "I will make it up to you someday, okay?"

"Please do. Just so you know, I'm hard to please. Wait, that sounded wrong."

She laughed from the other side of the line, and the two of them hung up after exhanging a few more words. Later, he received a message from Rimm that had nothing to do with the recent events.

E_X333: "Don't say it was me who told you, but the boy we saw at the arcade is 70. He is actually a bit older than us, and he has peculiar circumstances hence my tight lips about him. But I think you could meet him if you want, it will do him good. His name is Sven... I will try to convince him somehow."

Archie jumped in his bed, absolutely exhausted. He complained. "Aaagh women are a pain, people are a pain." He then sighed, looking at the pig with dead eyes. "But I guess it wasn't so bad. Good job O Mister Matchmaker."

+1 Trust

[Relationships updated]
Rimm's Opinion of Archie increased to ♥
Archie's Opinion of Rimm increased to +++? (ambiguous)

Mission "More than friends" completed!
Main Objective reward:
2 InfoCredits

Quote from: Incoming transmission...

That was excellent work Matchmaker T1000. The organic progression of your Host's matchmaking is to be praised.
We will continue monitoring your progress, further missions will be assigned depending on your Host's romantic progression, although if you keep up this pace, your Host should be paired in no time.

Suggestions
A - Work on improving his self. [4: 6 (Unwilling)  2 (High Trust)]
On a success: +Confidence, May change a Trait
On a failure: -Trust, +Stress

B - Play and forget about this stuff. [Default Option]
Outcome: -Stress

C - Go somewhere outside. [6: 8 (Very Unwilling due to last night) - 2 (High Trust)]
On a success: May have an interesting encounter
On a failure: -Trust, Will revert to Default Option

Spoiler: Archie the Lazy Genius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: T1000 (ORHA) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 05:02:20 am by Nakéen »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2022, 08:08:45 pm »

"This action is sure to disrupt several people's lives and place an outside influence on their actions, making a mockery of human free will.

Oh well, good thing I wasn't made by ORHA!"

Press the Special Suggestion button coldly, without compassion or mercy, like the soulless metal object I am.
Also B.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2022, 08:26:29 pm »

T1000 directs a message to Soulbinder.
␁ATTN MATCHMAKER COLLEAGUE
␂I understand that you are sponsored by Eugenia Corporation, and consequently have access to Eugenia's proprietary genetic database. Would you be interested in evaluating the Compatibility of my host's human acquaintances? I believe this information could improve the efficiency of my efforts, and it may be in Eugenia's interests for me to take such data into account.␃␄␅
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18