Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - FINISHED  (Read 16167 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - Entrants 7/?
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2022, 04:14:27 pm »

2 now. Also this.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2022, 04:17:15 pm »

That's a token, so unless I'm misunderstanding something, it shouldn't be targetable by Resurrection in the first place.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 07, 2022, 04:23:55 pm »

Doesn't have a cost, so it's a flat 1 since there isn't an X value.

This thing is also summoned by a 20 cost card with a time delay of one turn. So 2 turns until it starts beating down the doors. Thing has more attack than anything else in the game.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2022, 04:26:51 pm »

This thing is also summoned by a 20 cost card with a time delay of one turn. So 2 turns until it starts beating down the doors. Thing has more attack than anything else in the game.

It would have been beaten by the 0 cost lego babies form Elephant's last game
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2022, 04:29:21 pm »

What, really? I assumed tokens were costless—i.e., they literally do not have a cost stat and can't interact with cost-dependent effects—not cost-0.

It would have been beaten by the 0 cost lego babies form Elephant's last game
lmao

e: it also dies to Battle Butler / Battle Butler / Avenging Maid

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2022, 04:34:11 pm »

Are you honestly suggesting you would have let the 100 star card slide if I didn’t have UMW? Because I have a free revision and am perfectly happy to call your bluff after the nerf.
Well, maybe not that card exactly as originally written because of its specific effects, but my point is I'd be able to give you more powerful maids if you didn't have a play-any-three-maids-for-8-stars, right? So, you might find the change is in your benefit.

As for babies vs eldritch horrors... the babies costed 2 stars per transformation, so 8 of them was 16 stars (at 32 collective attack if it hadn't been buffed), so actually fairly equivalent. Maid Works, a lot less so.

Biodiversity's changes are going to slow down the token spam quite a lot, and we'll see about those maids.

I'm half-way through the reviewed cards. Thanks for pointing out the potential token loophole. Good spot, Tric.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2022, 04:40:27 pm »

Yeah, I don't think Baby Swarm's transform effect is actually particularly good. The busted part is the number of tokens it summons.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2022, 04:46:23 pm »

Honestly I plan to get some eggs next duel. Tasty and broken for scrambling. (They might need a cost up.. Grade A freshness.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2022, 04:47:55 pm »

e: it also dies to Battle Butler / Battle Butler / Avenging Maid

If you have half you cards in the graveyard I guess. 20 cards would be needed to beat it by 1 :V

Are you honestly suggesting you would have let the 100 star card slide if I didn’t have UMW? Because I have a free revision and am perfectly happy to call your bluff after the nerf.
Well, maybe not that card exactly as originally written because of its specific effects, but my point is I'd be able to give you more powerful maids if you didn't have a play-any-three-maids-for-8-stars, right? So, you might find the change is in your benefit.

You keep saying that but if its not true at all :V. The thing is I can already make any card I want a maid with Maid Disguise, so if I'm into cheese like Elephant Parade I could just pick an OP non-maid card to use with it. If you're going to be nerfing my cards by that logic then every card should be nerfed with that logic since I can use UMW with any card. I also have access to and use Omnipotent Goddess Waifu, so you'd still balance any powerful cards on the assumption that I can play them for cheap. Adding into the fact that at some point the Star cost becomes arbitrarily high that it might as well be infinite and 8 star cards are already supposed to be basically game winners. If I made a 15 star card we'd both be in the assumption I'm not actually going to pay full price for it even discounting UMW. That was kinda my parody with making a 100 star card, any card worth over 10 might as well be 100 stars since you're only really going to use it with cheese.

The babies where 8 16/16 without the grow up effect, so they beat the eldrich horror for 0 stars. Or the cost of the honeycomb, which was what like 2 stars? Anyway since the effect was optional they would beat it without spending anything.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2022, 05:51:29 pm »

In altering cards for balance, I always want to keep them interesting, or possibly make them more tactically interesting, but better costed. Most of the really dodgy OP combos come from playing multiple spells, so I put an end to those specifically.

Spoiler: Revised Cards (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2022, 06:17:20 pm »

Interesting changes. The new Divine Lambsurrection looks pretty fun to mess around with. Did Call of the Grave and Grand Canyon ever get revised?

e: How does the new Lambsurrection interact with X-heart cards like Lamb Gravedigger?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2022, 06:38:34 pm »

Interesting changes. The new Divine Lambsurrection looks pretty fun to mess around with. Did Call of the Grave and Grand Canyon ever get revised?
Oops, haven't posted those yet. I'm going to bed now, but tomorrow......

e: How does the new Lambsurrection interact with X-heart cards like Lamb Gravedigger?
Spoiler: Explanations (click to show/hide)

I think those are all the legal X-heart cards, but I might have missed some.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 06:54:50 pm by notquitethere »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2022, 06:55:45 pm »

Ah, that makes sense. I assumed base = printed.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2022, 07:29:49 pm »

In altering cards for balance, I always want to keep them interesting, or possibly make them more tactically interesting, but better costed. Most of the really dodgy OP combos come from playing multiple spells, so I put an end to those specifically.

Spoiler: Revised Cards (click to show/hide)

Biodiversity. Cost zero. Effect: Play two cards.

Clearly this is overpowered. I know! I'll make it cost a whole star! No, that is going to far. I'll have to add a new ability to make up for the difference.

Unlimited Maid Works. Cost eight. Effect: Play three cards

Clearly this is overpowered. I know! I'll make it so that you automatically lose if you try to play any good cards. Perfect.

Maids are clearly the most persecuted of cards V_V. I guess since the Card War cards are coming in I'll just use Isekai, which is like UMW except it also doubles your stats.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 07, 2022, 07:44:04 pm »

I agree that Biodiversity should probably be upcosted a bit. I haven't seen Fog of War, but if it lets you play two cards for 1*, that's really a problem with Fog of War.

That said, UMW doesn't make you lose; it just prevents you from winning. Once your opponent's at or below 0 Hearts, you just need to hold out long enough to pay off the star debt—which likely won't be hard if you just slapped down three Maids of your choice
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 07:45:38 pm by Elephant Parade »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26