Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - FINISHED  (Read 16212 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - Entrants 6/?
« Reply #180 on: October 19, 2022, 08:22:41 pm »

Right, just ruling that I'm shuffling my deck after I take stuff out of it, this is getting ridiculous.

Note: still ridiculous. (Why do I keep drawing them?)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 19, 2022, 08:36:17 pm »

I feel like if the tokens are gonna have Agile, they should be 1/1s, seems weird for a zero cost card to through generally throw out a hoard that can wipe a field the moment you play it or even generate stars for ya if you feel like it.
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2022, 08:41:41 pm »

Wouldn't be such an issue if I didn't have access to cards that can instantly generate the stars they need. Or a card that can search any spell in my deck. You're just facing Lambiture in it's late-stage where it can flood the field with fodder.

Tithe is slightly busted with this combo. Though I still blame the nanites for allowing it.

The Numbers themselves kinda rely on the Herald to gen stars. But yeah, when you're generating stars outside that, the become a major threat. (I am not running into a random maid btw.)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 08:51:46 pm by TricMagic »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2022, 09:09:52 pm »

You win, as I can't actually play anything lol.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2022, 09:22:49 pm »

Yeah... Even with just the base cards I could probably come up with an insane combo. NQT also does that apparently.

Any bans/rares/reviews to do? Sad I can't play my 20 cost card though. :)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2022, 05:28:49 am »

I feel like if the tokens are gonna have Agile, they should be 1/1s, seems weird for a zero cost card to through generally throw out a hoard that can wipe a field the moment you play it or even generate stars for ya if you feel like it.
Yeah, also the deck was 'balanced'* without considering dubious legacy cards like nanite swarm. If no one else does first, I'll probably review them at my design phase.

*uhh, poorly

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2022, 05:53:11 am »

It doesn't bother me all that much. Ultimately I realize that we enjoy different ways of playing. There's nothing wrong with seeking out strong combos and great decks if that's what ya like. For whatever reason I myself have a need to stick to an aestethic theme that I enjoy. Either way that's just the game.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2022, 08:04:03 am »

As I will continue to state, in a pure deck they aren't as much an issue, as it lacks the star gen to make full use of them.  ;)

That said, duels over, so bans/reviews. Kicks the 7 cost siesta to the ban curb.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2022, 10:09:45 am »

Thank you so much for that Tric. You made my decision for me.

Review Gumdrop Guard Dog and Scoopy.

GGD feels like it should be good, but lacks the synergy potential needed to make it so. It's only really all that good of value if you have cards like Bunger who are strong for 0 stars but held back by their effects that it can eat.

Scoopy, meanwhile, has an effect that was probably intended to be a positive considering it lost a point of stats for it, but in practice is more of a negative as it means that you can't actually use it for attacking without losing its solid hearts for defense, and literally any card that can attack is able to disable it from blocking the actual damage dealing cards. So it's a strict downgrade from playing a 0 star without an effect.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2022, 10:39:04 am »

One issue with the prep-school cards. Gumdrop was made with Princess' evos in mind. Looking up the data online for Scoopy and made the effect based on that.

Puddingcess in Yu-Gi-Oh relies on the GY being empty, so evos would have involved manipulating the discard pile. Revival and additional effects if there are no monsters in the GY, along with shuffling cards in the discard piles back into the deck to fuel some of them. (One of the early evos would be it evolving to just return to hand if destroyed, at the cost of a card in your discard pile.)

I have no excuses for Gingerbread hold though. While neat had no clue what to do with it since it had the max hearts for a 5 star. So it resides with the likes of The Old Windmill and Shield of Light.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2022, 03:54:17 pm »

One issue with the prep-school cards. Gumdrop was made with Princess' evos in mind.
Which explains the problem, but doesn't solve it. It just means we now know that GGD has even more reason for the change to Destroying instead of Removing, because it was balanced for cards that don't exist.
Looking up the data online for Scoopy and made the effect based on that
That doesn't really change the fact that it has a negative effect and a stat debuff, though. It's an objectively bad card because it has multiple downsides and almost no upside.
I have no excuses for Gingerbread hold though. While neat had no clue what to do with it since it had the max hearts for a 5 star. So it resides with the likes of The Old Windmill and Shield of Light.
Actually I'm fine with Gingerbread Hold. It's a solid stat wall card, does it's job with no fuss and no easy vulnerabilities to exploit, one of the best cards in the original Food Deck as a whole after the Pioneer.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2022, 08:50:21 am »

So, who/what might we be waiting on at the moment?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2022, 10:19:44 am »

Not a clue, given NQT hasn't officially ended our match.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2022, 12:34:55 pm »

Been a busy Saturday, on a train right now, but will update when I get in front of my card computer.

OK, back. TricMagic wins the match. Who will end Tric's reign of terror?!

Spoiler: Rankings (click to show/hide)

That means everyone is in the design phase now.

Design Phase Status:

Stirk can ban/review/rare if they want too, and has submitted and received cards
Unraveller can ban/review/rare and submit cards.
Tric has submitted a ban (Fiesta de los Muertos) and can submit cards
NQT has banned (Join the Cause)
Failbird has submitted to cards for review (below)

Which all means, Stirk and I go forward to battle in Battlefield 1. Stirk, when you're ready, submit a deck to one of the others for checking, and I'll do the same. And one of the others: coin flip for who starts. I pick tails.

Spoiler: Reviewed Cards (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 05:55:54 pm by notquitethere »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2022, 06:32:34 pm »

Cards sent in, waitin for flip
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26