Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - FINISHED  (Read 16218 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - Entrants 6/?
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2022, 06:24:18 pm »

Hmmm... could we use a review to essentially make cards 'normal'? Like, turn the Ace Cards from High School RPG and the Soul Cards from Tric's game into regular cards with the Unique keyword.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2022, 02:49:40 am »

Not sure I get what the intended change would be. The ace cards are already unique, aren't they? And the Heartless cards aren't that OP in a deck where you're limited to 6 of any card.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2022, 10:05:48 am »

I don't know where you thought I was referring to Heartless considered I never mentioned them, but I guess it just gives the feeling that, like, they're supposed to be 'special' cards not normally usable.

Not to mention I uh, kinda hate the special frames for both kinds of cards. The Soul Card frame outright makes the text on cards barely readable, and the Ace Card from just looks off whenever the text isn't aligned in a certain exact way, which it never is.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2022, 11:18:27 am »

Ah sorry, I think in my head I had them as "soulless" and one of the cards has Souls in the title.

I see... yes if you mention you'd like the readability/aesthetics of a card looked into at the same time, I'll take that into account when a card is reviewed.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2022, 12:52:59 pm »

Alright, in that case, review Pretty Puddingcess and Goblin Brew.
The former feels, if anything, slightly weak for a unique card, not to mention the whole factor of having the Soul Card frame that really screws with readability.
As for the latter, the whole method for using it just feels clunky and awkward to manage.

Reviewing two cards from entirely separate decks so as to give no hint as to what deck, if any, I'm going to switch to

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2022, 04:10:15 pm »

Spoiler: New Card Versions (click to show/hide)

As I've received design actions from everyone except Stirk, the next combat phase will start and Stirk can sit and scheme a little longer.

Combat Phase

Spoiler: Previous Matchups (click to show/hide)

Everyone will fight everyone twice, but I'll try and assign novel matchups before the grudge matches. So here are the novel matches left:

NQT vs Stirk
NQT vs Unraveller
NQT vs TricMagic
NQT vs Failbird
Failbird vs Stirk
TricMagic vs Unraveller

So this round, we will have to have TricMagic vs Unraveller in Battlefield 2

And NQT vs Failbird in Battlefield 1..

Failbird, please send your deck list to Stirk to check that they have 40 cards and there are no bans (you can send to me as normal if you prefer, it's just to keep things fairest for you). If you want to keep new card names a secret, you can submit them to another player as [new card #1] x3.

I will send my list to Unraveller this turn so he can check it's legal. Would someone who is not Failbird or I (Tric perhaps) do the flip to see which of us will go first?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 04:25:18 pm by notquitethere »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2022, 04:40:01 pm »

The thing you missed about the Puddingcess that makes her effect balanced for the Stats is that she was an EV-Card(that's what they were called, not Soul Cards) which are Unique. Ironically, however, this actually makes her stronger in a way since I can have more than one, meaning that's an infinite number of half-decent bodies.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2022, 04:43:32 pm »

I think it's balanced out by the fact that stacking a deck full of them means you're less likely to draw high star cards in the mid-late game. If it turns out mega broken in ways I'm not foreseeing right now, I can always make it Unique in a future design phase.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2022, 04:46:33 pm »

Short for Evolution, in which they could grow stronger over time. Hence why Ashbringer Eclipsos exists as a black card. (It's pretty much illegal given it can't be attacked at all, on top of it's attack reduction effect.)

Might be a bit before I'm up to duel btw.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2022, 04:53:35 pm »

That's fine Tric, I'm sure Unraveller will be patient. In the mean time, can you flip a coin for me and Failbird? I call heads.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2022, 04:56:09 pm »

I think it's balanced out by the fact that stacking a deck full of them means you're less likely to draw high star cards in the mid-late game. If it turns out mega broken in ways I'm not foreseeing right now, I can always make it Unique in a future design phase.
I think it'll be perfectly fine, I just wasn't expecting the change and was thinking you may not have realized it was a change in the first place.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2022, 04:57:22 pm »

No I hadn't realised, so thanks for pointing it out.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2022, 04:59:05 pm »

That's fine Tric, I'm sure Unraveller will be patient. In the mean time, can you flip a coin for me and Failbird? I call heads.
The heads have it apparently. (lot of weird coins.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2022, 11:24:31 am »

New keywords:
Nonsurpise: When you start the game with this card or it enters your hand, reveal it from your hand. (This is an old keyword from 1st gen that Flabort's Terrain deck cards all have.)

Glow: Glow cards have Nonsurprise, no hearts, star, or attack value, and cannot enter the field by any means. A player using a card effects which target random or opponent-chosen cards in an opponent's hand can always target a specific glow card in their hand instead (e.g. an effect says "your opponent discards a card of their choice" can be used to discard a specific Glow card instead).

Side Deck: some cards allow a player to draw from a side deck of cards. This deck is treated like any other deck of cards (e.g. once a card is drawn from it, it is removed from the deck for the duration of the game). If more than one players interact with a side deck of the same name, they draw from the same deck (not two identical decks). Unless otherwise stated, a side deck includes one copy of every card made for that deck.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2022, 04:25:05 pm »

Advice to everyone: unless the deck is Crustaceans or you're a new player who gets to build a whole deck worth of cards, don't bother using School Game decks. Turns out none of them are any good when they're facing off against cards that were actually made with a specific role in mind instead of at the whims of a third party.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26