Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - FINISHED  (Read 16121 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - Entrants 2/?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 04:21:01 pm »

I'm definitely interested to do a few more made-up card games.
Excellent! You can either PM me some card ideas for a deck, or construct one from existing cards... or a combination of both.
Card ideas for a deck? Thought we couldn't make new ones till after the first match?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - Entrants 3/?
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2022, 04:53:44 pm »

Mhm. When you say in the OP 'PM me a starting deck', what were your thoughts on the parameters thereof? Maybe I missed where you expound on that.
I've lost control of my life.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2022, 05:04:59 pm »

I'm definitely interested to do a few more made-up card games.
Excellent! You can either PM me some card ideas for a deck, or construct one from existing cards... or a combination of both.
Card ideas for a deck? Thought we couldn't make new ones till after the first match?
I originally was going to restrict it, but decided to be more generous:
In order to join, you just need to post in the thread. New players may always join the tournament at any time. You may optionally PM me a starting deck.

Mhm. When you say in the OP 'PM me a starting deck', what were your thoughts on the parameters thereof? Maybe I missed where you expound on that.
I've updated the OP with more guidance. Essentially, fill in the card template for each card you want in your deck. There can't be more than 6 copies of a card in a deck, so bear that in mind. Please do not send me 40 different cards though, as it'll take forever. Between 8 and 18 cards and tokens is fine.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2022, 06:59:37 pm »

I've updated the OP with more guidance. Essentially, fill in the card template for each card you want in your deck. There can't be more than 6 copies of a card in a deck, so bear that in mind. Please do not send me 40 different cards though, as it'll take forever. Between 8 and 18 cards and tokens is fine.

So are we...making new cards?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2022, 07:06:19 pm »

By popular demand, you can start the game with a new deck (PM me the templates for review) or you can build from existing cards (or use both), or have a random deck.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2022, 07:11:06 pm »

By popular demand, you can start the game with a new deck (PM me the templates for review) or you can build from existing cards (or use both), or have a random deck.

That seems like it offers a major advantage over the second one and a massive advantage over the last :V

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2022, 07:13:09 pm »

To be fair, Notquitethere is still creating the cards from the prompts so they should be in relative balance versus some of the repository decks. I haven't quite decided if I wanna go with continuing those crustaceans or doing something new. . . Hm.
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2022, 07:19:52 pm »

That seems like it offers a major advantage over the second one and a massive advantage over the last :V
Make more waifus and guns strik. You know you want to.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2022, 07:22:21 pm »

Make more waifus and guns strik. You know you want to.

I mean obviously.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2022, 01:57:41 am »

I'm not sure— some of the existing cards are a bit OP. Hence the Ban system. But you're right about random decks, which is why they're worth more victory points if someone manages to win or draw with one. (It's an optional challenge I didn't expect many/any to take up.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Legacy Tournament - Entrants 4/?
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2022, 03:42:52 pm »

I kinda-sorta want to work on a new deck myself, but also god it's so much effort to come up with a full deck of new cards when I'm not essentially just translating canon characters/creatures abilities into card form.

Hmmm... would it be possible to create parts of a deck, and then fill in the rest with already existing cards?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 03:51:19 pm by Failbird105 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2022, 04:10:41 pm »

Absolutely fine. Indeed, I would prefer that, as it's less work for me! The existing cards can be any cards in the repository (that aren't marked as illegal).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 04:26:17 pm by notquitethere »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2022, 04:50:44 pm »

Absolutely fine. Indeed, I would prefer that, as it's less work for me! The existing cards can be any cards in the repository (that aren't marked as illegal).

Well, I'm a bit sorry to say, but I've found inspiration to develop out one of my concept decks from my google spreadsheet unfortunately, so uh, expect a selection of card images to be maid and sent shortly.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2022, 04:52:41 pm »

Well, I'm a bit sorry to say, but I've found inspiration to develop out one of my concept decks from my google spreadsheet unfortunately, so uh, expect a selection of card images to be maid and sent shortly.

Maid cards?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2022, 05:07:25 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26