Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Card Repository  (Read 2594 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Card Repository
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2022, 08:35:54 am »

Good portion of them never saw play, sadly.

This card is a neat design I made. Note Ashbringer Eclipsos is an Illegal card. As are any white text cards. (Eclipsos is silly. But to be expected of Black card bosses.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2022, 08:39:32 am »

What deck would that have gone into, Tric?

--

I've now updated the OP and 3rd post with the newly revealed and updated cards.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2022, 09:29:31 am »

That was Hikari's card. Effectively a way to recycle cards. Working with eldritch and evil overbearing light isn't the easiest theme. You don't really have access to the good connotations.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2022, 08:17:52 am »

The Repository is now complete, with all known cards now recorded.

I have just added the CYOGTCG Wars cards, and the two Forum Runner 3.5 decks. I have also posted the rest of Supernerd's Evil Genius Deck. I made 23(!) cards for it, so I'm quite keen on them seeing the light of day.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2022, 07:33:09 pm »

Nope. You're still missing some cards from 1st Gen. Turns out I only gave you the SG ones before. Might have to talk to the original participants to get them. Or maybe convince me to fork them over somehow. That might work too.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2022, 07:47:07 pm »

Yes, some of those decks (Flabort?) look a little light. If you do have any more cards in your inbox, please do share them. It's a good game, with a lot of scope for different variants, it'd be a shame to lose peoples' creations.

Speaking of variants, I did consider a version where players make up cards based on set costs for keywords and effects, with more keywords and effects added through the game by player invention, which the GM would attempt to cost. This would limit the format a bit, but it would avoid the main sticking problem of one person having to vet and create dozens of cards if players had to make their own decks (and so could make as many or as few cards as they wanted).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2022, 08:22:06 pm »

Short reminder Surprise Precure is still missing from Diance.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2023, 08:20:46 am »

I've updated the repository with the rest of the Legacy Tournament cards. Let me know if there's still anything missing.

Funnily enough, two different players made anti theme-deck cards that never saw play:

Both decent approaches but tackling it from different directions.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2023, 09:00:20 am »

Maidenless Rage
Remove all cards in play or in the discard pile facedown. (They cannot be interacted with.) You can only activate this card if 3+ cards sharing an Archetype name are in play.
Are you Maidenless?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2023, 09:19:58 am »

Under the CYOGTCG Wars meta, that kind of boardwipe would cost 0 stars. But probably add a star or two for the total graveyard hate.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2023, 11:11:26 am »

I had a really funny idea for a Dictionary Removal + Day of the Dead Maid deck that never saw play. Too bad!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2023, 03:31:43 pm »

Why does Dictionary Removal have the May Queen as the image :V

Ace card never saw the light of day rip
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2023, 03:58:37 pm »

Haha it must have been me using an existing card as the template but forgetting to change the image. Supernerd never corrected me because he quit about that time.

This was the image it was supposed to have:

--

Guntank Maid almost broke the game (as there are lots of ways the maid deck could play cards without the full cost) but I was careful with the caveat, which is probably why it was never played!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2023, 06:23:46 pm »

Had a couple of thoughts on CYOTCG's rules:

— 0* sustained support cards like Crippled Genius are much better for the player who goes first, who can expect them to survive two turns rather than one, and 1* cards are more consistent for the player who goes second. This creates a weird incentive for people not to submit their decklists until they know when they're going. I think the turn order shouldn't be announced until after the decklist check.
— I'm not sure one star is enough compensation for the player who goes second. Part of this is down to CYOTCGLT's power level, where cards like Crippled Genius could give the first player a huge resource advantage right off the bat, but there's no getting around the first player's consistent creature advantage: when their opponent has no cards on the board, they have one; when their opponent has one card on the board, they have two (one of which can attack); and so on. Maybe the second player should get to play an extra card, or attack with a card the same turn they play it on their first turn only? The latter approach—giving the second player the right of first attack to compensate for the first's right of first play—is taken by Pokemon and, if I recall correctly, Yu-Gi-Oh, but it's a bit unwieldy and might not quite compensate for the first-turn advantage; the former feels better to me. (Both of these would be instead of, not in addition to, giving the second player a star.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2023, 05:21:49 am »

I checked a bunch of the CYOGTCG Wars games (which were pretty well balanced) and the person who went second won more often (though not every time)— it seems being able to play  a 1 star card early more than compensates for having 1 less card on the field. Being able to play two cards instead would probably be fine instead, though maybe even bigger advantage for setting up synergies. We can test it!

I agree having turn order after decklist is set is probably a good idea, though I personally never changed things around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3