Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: United Kingdom Bunker Thread - Politics & Economics  (Read 42799 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: United Kingdom Bunker Thread - Politics & Economics
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2022, 05:59:49 pm »

Yeah, it'd be great if we could do that.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2022, 07:43:21 pm »

OHJ MY GOPD WHAT IS THIS COLLAR SHIT ABOUT WTHJLKJSDLKFJSLKDF

THE RABBIT HOLE IS WORTH THE TRIP FOLKS

https://twitter.com/LillianaFuture/status/1568052444977922048

I CAN'T LAUGH PROPERLY

Spoiler: BAHAHAHAHA (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 08:53:48 pm by Max™ »

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2022, 09:34:43 pm »

I like Jeremy Hunt because...  Is that a bad reason?

I hope the story about Truss's necklace goes big and drags in other politicians.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2022, 09:42:26 pm »

I like the idea that the Queen recognized what it was and laughed herself to death.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2022, 12:38:03 am »

Christ the prose of the new(ish?) political editor for the BBC is god-awful, I hate it.

It makes me long for the days of Brian Taylor, former Scotland political editor, who could be writing about the most boring topic imaginable but he would bring it to life with his writing. Ah well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2022, 03:01:54 am »

I wonder how much memes will spring up if Boris Johnson comes back into office. 

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2022, 06:11:11 am »

He's got over 50 mps voting for him.

Absolute fucking embarrassment.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2022, 09:04:17 am »

I posted something similar in ameripol (from same movie), but this is even better and more fitting as its the actual scene. It literally reminds me of the plot of the movie, since its looking like boris is coming back lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUi1PdYn5nk

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2022, 07:38:57 pm »

And now there are rumours of Boris Johnson running to take over as PM again...with some MPs flat-out threatening to leave the party if he does.

Saying that is easy but...well, At this point, fuck it. Go Boris, run! Burn it all to the ground!

Sounds like a smart play for many Conservative MPs.  Threaten to leave the party if Boris returns, then join the Liberals as a person of principle.
I'm not british, so I am curious what that would be.

(I'm just happy that for once, the US doesn't have the most cocked-up English Speaking Political system)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2022, 11:51:07 pm »

Apparently there was an incident at the Chinese Consulate in the UK. A Hong Kong Activist had been outside when people from the Consulate came out, tore down his signs, grabbed the guy, and were trying to drag him into the Consulate while beating him. Fortunately the police were there to help.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/19/world/europe/britain-china-consulate-protester.html
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 11:53:38 pm by JoshuaFH »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2022, 12:11:37 am »

Eh, I can't read NY Times articles because they want money, so fuck that.

Yeah, I heard about that. Doesn't seem relevant to UK Politics, more like East Asian politics. While I don't support the Chinese Consulate actions, isn't the Consulate considered the land of the Consulate, and isn't the person a Chinese citizen?
Maybe watch out who's lawn you protest on...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2022, 12:28:20 am »

No it’s UK land people just aren’t allowed in there without permission. The protesters weren’t protesting in the grounds, they were protesting outside, on British soil and were assaulted by a group that allegedly included the consul-general, the top guy there.

But sure, if he was Chinese and it was Chinese soil it would make absolute sense for Britain to not give a shit about them pulling him from Britain into China and kicking the shit out of him in front of the police.

Really?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2022, 01:26:02 am »

No it’s UK land people just aren’t allowed in there without permission. The protesters weren’t protesting in the grounds, they were protesting outside, on British soil and were assaulted by a group that allegedly included the consul-general, the top guy there.

But sure, if he was Chinese and it was Chinese soil it would make absolute sense for Britain to not give a shit about them pulling him from Britain into China and kicking the shit out of him in front of the police.

Really?

I did mention that I was unable to access the article...

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2022, 01:40:32 am »

The incident is pretty bad, but it's just going to be one of those things that China does, that will be summarily ignored; especially with the current chaos happening in the UK Parliament right now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2022, 01:53:43 am »

Really?

I did mention that I was unable to access the article...

We’re having the same conversation across threads brah. This isn’t a NYT exclusive.

Regardless, you displayed ignorance on the situation re: the legal status of the land, and implied that it was okay the guy got assaulted because you thought he was Chinese protesting China on Chinese soil rather than asking what the details were or looking for a different, readable source.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39